Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar Flares And Solar Storms

3 posters

Go down

Solar Flares And Solar Storms Empty Solar Flares And Solar Storms

Post  Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Could this be causing some of the unusual EMI we have been experiencing lately
Solarstormwarning.com or any google search will get you there.

Cheers

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Solar Flares And Solar Storms Empty Re: Solar Flares And Solar Storms

Post  Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:38 pm

From what I've read, the sun goes through these cycles every 11 years, It's natural! If it wasn't for modern technology with amazing imagery, we'd be none the wiser!

Having said that, I better go stock up on booze? Would be horrible if the brewery's couldn't function Razz

Sorry Mike, I got side tracked, "Could well be".

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Not to mention the sizeable little meteor that shot past at around 27000 ks distant the other day affraid
That's close dudes pale

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Read in the local paper (have been away for a couple of days) upon my return, that there was a faint Auroral display over Bathurst around midnight last Saturday despite the moonlight.

Now that is strong for Aurorals to be seen so far north.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:20 pm

I notice that most of the solar mass ejections and x-ray emmissions are occuring in two very distinct latitudes on the sun. The emmissions have been very powerfull lately...........Might start keeping a record of the visible sun diameter for a while........not that it matters much, I mean when it does start to get larger, which it will, then it doesn't matter how many records we keep because there is nothing we can do to stop it from happening and in any case we will all be long gone before that day arrives. pale
It doesn't matter what we believe in or what faith we follow, we will all be fried to a crisp on that day if any of us are still here Sad Shocked clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Awe Crap Adrian,so what the hell am I working for if were all going to end up Toast.
Maybe I should chuck it all in and head for the hills before we all get a super suntan Question Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Just hafta make hay while tha sun shines Very Happy

All of those people running around the world today trying to lord over everybody would do better spending their time making peace with themselves and everybody else coz in tha end they iz gunna be toast like everyone else and all of their attempts at world domination, all of the lives sacrificed, all hatred driven attacks on innocent people will in the end, all have been for nothing. Neutral

Last edited by Adrian ss on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Just recollected that last Saturday whilst out detecting my 3500 started warbling like crazy. Lifted the coil up and slowly swung it around and noticed there was a definite peak and null point in the warble.
Saturday last was a high spot in solar activity and although underground phone lines, radio transmitters, lightning storms and the like can set detectors off was well away from any of these things. None about to my knowledge .

Makes me wonder that some solar activity was causing the interference.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Solar Flares And Solar Storms Empty Re-Solar Flares And Solar Storms

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks to all for your replies looks like our days could be numbered Adrian ss Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:32 pm

G'day Guys.

Why the pessimism.There's a time and a place for everything.No point in worrying about tomorrows problems today.Worry about getting by today.What ever is destined to happen will happen.One thing I will say though,when my time comes,I'll be to busy "LOOKING GOOD" Very Happy cheers

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:53 am

I am also a Ham Radio operator, and last weekend everyones voice sounded very odd due to Phase distortion, which happens during these sort of bigger solar events....... it would definitely effect any type of receiver, including detectors.
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:40 am

Hi Harb,

My 45 ran just fine last few days, it was Schizen a few weeks ago.

I am a Ham Too, no antenna ATM.

What frequencies had the most QRM.

Cheers DINGO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:00 am

To be Honest,I have had a Gutfull of Solar EMI and Lightning storm Interference the past 4 trips out Evil or Very Mad
It plays havoc with my 4000 and gets to a point where hearing faint targets is impossible. I end up walking around digging all the screamer targets just so I dont have to go home early.

I used to have a nextdoor neighbour who had a high powered home station CB radio. When he was `on air` his transmissions would completely blank my TV screen. This Turkey was Unemployed,yet would only talk to his mates once the friday night movie,the cricket or the Footy has started.
It got to a point where my I was forced to offer up his 15 ft airel as a suppositry if he didnt cut it out.
He got the message Wink

Back to top Go down