Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GILBERTON STATION

5 posters

Go down

GILBERTON STATION Empty GILBERTON STATION

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 am

Hi all,
I spent over 4 weeks on gilberton station, (june 2010) camped on the percyvale road right on the river.Great spot,Rob and Lyn are the best people ever,they gave me alot of info on the area,and stopped in from time to time and had a chat.please ring before you go there.
there are alot of places to detect,so start packing.
I left gilberton,spent about 2 weeks at maytown in the palmer river goldfields,cooktown,down the daintree,then innot hot spring for a week to fix my back LOL then 3weeks on the hodgenson river goldfields.A great trip,planning to go to halls creek W.A,then down to marble bar and places in between.i'm 61, retired, a mechanic,have a modified patrol ute with a slide on camper,any one going that way in 2011 ????????????.
check my album for pic's
Thrombac
A NICE GILBERTON NUGGET

GILBERTON STATION ONGILBERTONSTATIONNUGGET010

Last edited by thrombac on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

GILBERTON STATION Empty Re: GILBERTON STATION

Post  artrix Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:30 am

did u have much luck?

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

GILBERTON STATION Empty GILBERTON STATION

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Yep,im' single and reasonable new to detecting(GPX 4500),and there were 2 couples there at the time and we all found gold. i have a nice 8 grammer and some smaller pieces.in july there was a large nugget found near georgetown,was 1 and 1/4 kilo but had alot of ironstone in it (reported in townville paper)If you want my telephone no. just email me.I live on the goldcoast and very happy to chat about the whole trip.

Back to top Go down

GILBERTON STATION Empty hey there

Post  madmaverick Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 pm

sounds like an awesome trip,, glad you found some of the yellow stuff,, brisbane here and only new to the prospecting but loving it,, thanks for the report and keep hunting

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

GILBERTON STATION Empty Future trips

Post  sapper Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi Thrombac
Im at Warwick.Have been to Gilberton Station twice a few years ago did alright,biggest was a ten grammer.
I go out just west of here and get a bit.Went out to Glendon with some of the boys from Alluvial gold prospectors forum on the weekendfor a bit of fun.
Im 66 retired, with a gpextreme, and hope to get to the west next
Greg.

sapper
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Hey Sapper. Could you post the link to that forum? You obviously work the same country as me. Ta

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  sapper Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Panther.
Its Alluvial gold prospectors forum Would have sent you a pm if I could.
Greg

sapper
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

GILBERTON STATION Empty Gilberton Station /Flat Creek Station/Long Gully Gold - help with GPS& directions please

Post  AnnieL Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:34 pm

I am heading out to these stations in the next few weeks and taking my off-road caravan (overall van length including draw bar and spare wheels is 24 ft).

Can anyone tell me the GPS co-ordinates of the homesteads for Gilberton Station & Dells Hole Homestead (Long Gully Gold) where you check in (preferably in degrees minutes seconds) and if you think I will be ok getting a van that size in there please ? I have a paper map for Long Gully Gold (kindly supplied by Lee) but GPS for Dells would be helpful.

General directions for Flat Creek would also help -I have seen directions for Flat Creek Station as '15km S of Forsayth on Forsayth Rd then further 30km to camping area' but maybe a bit more detail please. I have had a look on Ozi Explorer but my map doesn't show any roads to the station on it. If anyone wants to send a map that would be good.

With directions for Gilberton Station I have seen 'south of Georgetown off Kennedy Development Rd Einsleigh' but more details would help.

Many thanks

Annie
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Anne
Gilberton Station is about 60k's south of Forsayth, Flat Creek is about 20 k south of Georgetown then 30 k in, Long Gully ( Dells Hole ) is on the Cobbold Gorge road which is just north of Forsayth, I will see if I can get co-ords for you, I think I have your email ??? I will check but if you want to Pm it to me I can get the info to you.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks Lee. PM sent.