Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gilberton station

Go down

gilberton station Empty gilberton station

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:42 pm

good-day
my wife and I would like to go to gilberton station to do some prospecting after the water dries a bit but I can't seem to find out how to contact the owners/managers we read an article on property in gold gem and treasure
jan/feb 2007 sounds interesting can anyone in detector land please help with any info.
Regards Dave

Back to top Go down

gilberton station Empty Re: gilberton station

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:23 pm

found this...hope it helps

http://www.aussie-travel.com.au/queensland/gulf/etheridge.htm

Gilberton Station lies in the goldfields of the Etheridge Shire in the heart of the Gulf Savannah.

Back to top Go down

gilberton station Empty Re: gilberton station

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:56 am

G'day Dave,

I spend a fair bit of time detecting in the gulf country and as you can well appreciate, this wet season has been a "bigun". It will take some time for most areas to dry out and even though a few of the stations will allow access to prospectors, they take a very dim view to those that chop up tracks - the same as I do here on the central Qld gemfields when tourists decide to have a "bit of fun in the mud" with little regard to us locals who have to repair our tracks after they leave. The station owners are doing it pretty tough up there at the moment and now would not be a good time to seek access - give it a couple of months and see how things go.

Generally, whenever I approach a station owner for access I offer to put in a week or so of unpaid work for them as a goodwill gesture - this year they will need as many hands they can get to rebuild fences lost in the floods and you don't any experience to help in most of the work.

caveman

Back to top Go down

gilberton station Empty Gilberton Station

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi Dave,
Gilberton Station is run by the French family & phone no.
is 07 4062 5329. Best option is ring them for details.
Hope this helps.
cheers, O'SAMA (the Irish one) afro

Back to top Go down

gilberton station Empty gilberton station

Post  Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:19 pm

thanks for info friends
phoned today they are open for business but say it is to hot so will try out in april/may me thinks
Dave

Back to top Go down