Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help a newbie

4 posters

Go down

Help a newbie Empty Help a newbie

Post  Dmitry Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Hello!
My name is Dmitry. I am new to gold prospecting, and even from another country, from Belarus, can anyone from the members of the forum tell you a little about the search for gold using a metal detector in Australia? I would be glad to receive any information. Thank you in advance!
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-12-18

Back to top Go down

Help a newbie Empty Re: Help a newbie

Post  Kon61gold Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:18 am

G'day Dmitry, welcome to the forum.

Searching for gold in Australia or anywhere for that matter, takes some research, followed by a lot of ground time spent detecting for gold. Gold is not easy to find, especially for a beginner or when first starting out. So that a beginner might learn quickly, you best go out with someone who can show you the ropes or get you started. There are private people (detectorists for hire) that can take you out for a days detecting & show you what is needed in terms of what best equipment to use/operate & where best to use it for a small fee, or you could organise to go on a detecting trip for a few days or a few weeks with a gold tour operator, who also can include the hiring of detectors (before you buy) for a larger fee. This would be the best way for any beginner to get started.
As for the type of detector to use, is up to the individual & how much money one wishes to spend on a detector (specifically for chasing gold).  
Price of detectors here in Aus can range from say $1000 to $9500 (Minelab GPZ 7000). It all comes down to how much time you have to put into this hobby & what your expectations are.

Cheers Kon. Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Dmitry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmitry Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:22 pm

Last edited by Dmitry on Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:40 pm

I think you forgot the translator Dmitry.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Dmitry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmitry Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Last edited by Dmitry on Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmitry Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Thank you for answering, and thanks for the kind words of invitation to the forum. Sorry, I am still poorly navigating the forum, and also that I do not know your name ...I am engaged in a search in my homeland, and I have a Minelab Explorer XS metal detector of the first issues, but we have no searches here, it's just a waste of time ... Therefore, I am a beginner only in gold prospecting, and, of course, I am familiar with the search. ..I watch videos on You Tube and I just envy you that you are allowed to do such a search and have something to look for. Can you please tell me if this activity is profitable in your country or is it just a hobby? ..with a good metal detector, like the Minelab GPZ 7000?
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:44 pm

Hey Dimitri,
Google translation worked perfectly.
Your Russian text converted below.

Thank you for answering, and thanks for the kind words of invitation to the forum. Sorry, I am still poorly oriented on the forum, and also that I do not know your name ... I am engaged in a search in my homeland, and I have a Minelab Explorer XS metal detector of the first issues, but we have no searches here, it's just a loss time ... Therefore, I am a beginner only in the search for gold, and, of course, I am familiar with the search. I watch videos on You Tube and I just envy you that you are allowed to do such a search and have something to look for. Can you please tell me if this activity is profitable in your country or is it just a hobby? Precisely with a good metal detector, like the Minelab GPZ 7000?
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Dmitry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmitry Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:09 pm

rockhunter62 wrote:I think you forgot the translator Dmitry.

Cheers

Doug
 Sorry i thought an automatic translator would be able to translate. Thank you for bringing this to my attention .
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmitry Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:21 pm

Kon61gold wrote:G'day Dmitry, welcome to the forum.

Searching for gold in Australia or anywhere for that matter, takes some research, followed by a lot of ground time spent detecting for gold. Gold is not easy to find, especially for a beginner or when first starting out. So that a beginner might learn quickly, you best go out with someone who can show you the ropes or get you started. There are private people (detectorists for hire) that can take you out for a days detecting & show you what is needed in terms of what best equipment to use/operate & where best to use it for a small fee, or you could organise to go on a detecting trip for a few days or a few weeks with a gold tour operator, who also can include the hiring of detectors (before you buy) for a larger fee. This would be the best way for any beginner to get started.
As for the type of detector to use, is up to the individual & how much money one wishes to spend on a detector (specifically for chasing gold).  
Price of detectors here in Aus can range from say $1000 to $9500 (Minelab GPZ 7000). It all comes down to how much time you have to put into this hobby & what your expectations are.

Cheers Kon. Q11 T25
Thank you for answering, and thanks for the kind words of invitation to the forum. Sorry, I am still poorly navigating the forum, and also that I do not know your name ...I am engaged in a search in my homeland, and I have a Minelab Explorer XS metal detector of the first issues, but we have no searches here, it's just a waste of time ... Therefore, I am a beginner only in gold prospecting, and, of course, I am familiar with the search. ..I watch videos on You Tube and I just envy you that you are allowed to do such a search and have something to look for. Can you please tell me if this activity is profitable in your country or is it just a hobby? ..with a good metal detector, like the Minelab GPZ 7000?
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:38 am

G'day Dmitry

Few would be the ones making a comfortable living detecting for gold Dimitry. Yes we are lucky to be living in a land that were built from many a gold field discovery, but even with the current price of gold today, it is scarce to find & the majority of us detectorists here in Australia, would consider it more of a hobby than anything else.
Even the GPZ 7000 will not find you gold, unless you have the time & patience to put into this hobby & search for it.
What do you mean by "you have no such searches here"? Are you referring to no designated gold fields, in order to search for gold within your country, or that you are not allowed to search for gold at all?
The Minelab explorer XS is a coin/relic detector which goes back 20 odd years or so, not much good for the detecting of natural gold nuggets.

Cheers Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Dmitry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmitry Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Nightjar wrote:Hey Dimitri,
Google translation worked perfectly.
Your Russian text converted below.

Thank you for answering, and thanks for the kind words of invitation to the forum. Sorry, I am still poorly oriented on the forum, and also that I do not know your name ... I am engaged in a search in my homeland, and I have a Minelab Explorer XS metal detector of the first issues, but we have no searches here, it's just a loss time ... Therefore, I am a beginner only in the search for gold, and, of course, I am familiar with the search. I watch videos on You Tube and I just envy you that you are allowed to do such a search and have something to look for. Can you please tell me if this activity is profitable in your country or is it just a hobby? Precisely with a good metal detector, like the Minelab GPZ 7000?
Hey, thanks!
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

Nightjar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmitry Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:44 pm

Kon61gold wrote:G'day Dmitry

Few would be the ones making a comfortable living detecting for gold Dimitry. Yes we are lucky to be living in a land that were built from many a gold field discovery, but even with the current price of gold today, it is scarce to find & the majority of us detectorists here in Australia, would consider it more of a hobby than anything else.
Even the GPZ 7000 will not find you gold, unless you have the time & patience to put into this hobby & search for it.
What do you mean by "you have no such searches here"? Are you referring to no designated gold fields, in order to search for gold within your country, or that you are not allowed to search for gold at all?  
The Minelab explorer XS is a coin/relic detector which goes back 20 odd years or so, not much good for the detecting of natural gold nuggets.

Cheers Kon T25
    Good evening Kon! I am very pleased that you answer, thank you! Unfortunately, there is no native gold in Belarus, and there is a ban on searching with a metal detector. In Russia, this is also open to question. ..I have enough time and energy to devote myself to the search, but there is little information, so I am writing to you on the forum to ask for advice. ..I would like to see your country, conduct a search openly, without disturbing anything and enjoy it, and, if possible, profit, of course ...I understand that the Minelab Exsplorer XS is not suitable for searching for native gold, and therefore I would like to ask you, or on the forum, if it is possible with the Minelab GPZ 7000 to find 8 - 10 grams of gold nuggets per day? ..I would like to know this from a person who knows this not by hearsay.
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:40 pm

G'day Dmitry

Firstly I'd like to say that all overseas visitors/tourists are more than welcome to holiday in Aus & see/enjoy the sights, but In all honesty, if I could find 8 to 10 grams of gold each & every day I go detecting, using even the top of the line GPZ 7000 & with the current price of what gold nuggets sell for today per gram, I'd be a rich man, but & very few would be the ones who could lay claims of getting 8 to 10 grams of gold, on average, per day, in todays times. Maybe 40 years ago if I had the same knowledge back then that I have now, 8 to 10 grams average per day would have been possible, but most goldfields today have been well searched/gone over. In todays times here in Victoria, if one can average a gram of gold a day, your doing good.
Even here in Australia, nugget hunting for gold, is getting harder to find with each passing year, but even after saying that, each man comes with their own luck or bad luck so to speak & even if you end up finding little in way of gold, the adventure out bush experiencing Australia's outback, would be gold in itself.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmitry Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Kon61gold wrote:G'day Dmitry

Firstly I'd like to say that all overseas visitors/tourists are more than welcome to holiday in Aus & see/enjoy the sights, but In all honesty, if I could find 8 to 10 grams of gold each & every day I go detecting, using even the top of the line GPZ 7000 & with the current price of what gold nuggets sell for today per gram, I'd be a rich man, but & very few would be the ones who could lay claims of getting 8 to 10 grams of gold, on average, per day, in todays times. Maybe 40 years ago if I had the same knowledge back then that I have now, 8 to 10 grams average per day would have been possible, but most goldfields today have been well searched/gone over. In todays times here in Victoria, if one can average a gram of gold a day, your doing good.
Even here in Australia, nugget hunting for gold, is getting harder to find with each passing year, but even after saying that, each man comes with their own luck or bad luck so to speak & even if you end up finding little in way of gold, the adventure out bush experiencing Australia's outback, would be gold in itself.

Cheers Kon. T25
Good day! Thanks a lot for the answers, Kon!
Dmitry
Dmitry
New Poster
New Poster

xmas tree likes this post

Back to top Go down