Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fisher Impulse AQ

+2
bicter
PeterInSa
6 posters

Go down

Fisher Impulse AQ Empty Fisher Impulse AQ

Post  adrian ss Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:07 am

The Fisher Impulse AQ is available now but only in the USA. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4350
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Fisher Impulse AQ Empty Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post  ivanll Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:29 am

It has been available for a while, but only to well known US Residents.
I have a Postal Address in US but the single dealer which is very biased would not send me one unless I first send a picture of me in front of a well known US landmark with a copy of the days newspaper.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:45 am

Yes ivanll, the Yanks are a strange mob aye. You would reckon even one sale is better than no sales.
Too bad, the AQ sounds like it is a cut above the average salt beach machine
Oh well, my TDI is pretty good.

Mate you should be able to Photo Shop some pics to meet their conditions. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Re (I have a Postal Address in US but the single dealer which is very biased would not send me one unless I first send a picture of me in front of a well known US landmark with a copy of the days newspaper.)

Is that because his is worried you might be a front for a Chinese Detector Copier.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:27 pm

Making it a limited edition will not stop the Chinese from making a lookalike.

Price is ok at 2100 dollars USD but we have to add gst and import duties.
The short battery life is a bit of an issue. So the first thing to do if you get one is to bung on a bigger battery. Rolling Eyes
https://www.detectorprospector.com/metal-detector-database/fisher-impulse-aq-ltd-r129/
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi Adrian, Re your Interest in Fisher's and other detectors.

Me a rusted on Minelab operator 12 Minelab's since the 70's. SWMBO similar but in the 80s purchased a Garret GTA1000 which was functionally at the time, head of the Coin detector pack and she still uses it for coin hunting.(Maybe because in the early days I/we spent many days detecting with John Gladdis also a rusted on Ml addict initially he as a ML tester and then coil developer)

So in your early days, to me, you may have tried the field for the best machine ie Whites, Garret, Fisher and Tsoro along with ML.

On second thoughts I did have a Tsoro Golden Sabre for coins, along with a Sovereign

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:17 am

Love to see a video comparison between the Impulse and the Equinox. Some of the videos from Fisher Technologies showing the new technology leaves me a bit underwhelmed.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:36 am

According to a very reliable source the AQ will eventually be available in Australia.
Am not sure if I am allowed to put up a link to another forum but there is a bit of info here re the AQ

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/12-first-texas-bounty-hunter-fisher-teknetics/
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Links leading to other forums, for the purpose of sharing relevant information concerning the metal detecting/prospecting for gold/coin & relics world, I do allow to be brought forward to this forum Adrian (less it contravenes or breaks any copyright/infringement laws). Do keep in mind though, if the owner of that forum or the person who put that post up (for what ever their reasons) asks for their thread/post to be taken down or removed from this forum, then I will have no choice but to respect their wishes.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:17 pm

No problemo. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:07 pm

bicter wrote:Love to see a video comparison between the Impulse and the Equinox. Some of the videos from Fisher Technologies showing the new technology leaves me a bit underwhelmed.

Go for a vacation further North in TNQ, do as many tests as you like and get the result first hand. Exclamation
You can have a go with my Impulse AQ Ltd.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:17 pm

PeterInSa wrote:Re (I have a Postal Address in US but the single dealer which is very biased would not send me one unless I first send a picture of me in front of a well known US landmark with a copy of the days newspaper.)

Is that because his is worried you might be a front for a Chinese Detector Copier.

I doubt that, left that dealer with his own reasons, and instead went directly to Fisher FT and purchased one without a worry. Very Happy

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:20 am

I am out of the market for anymore tectas. Those that I have are plenty sensitive and deep enough for my digging capabilities now.
The GPX6000 is nice but why buy a machine that I likely will never take to a gold field:(
The AQ would be interesting to try out but hell, several of my detectors are capable of finding some coins and rings at 2 foot down in the wet sand, that is good enough for me.....Must be getting old.......You know how it is when you look in the mirror and do not recognize what is looking back at you. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:54 am

I have heard/read about those incredible depths on wet beaches Question Question Question but I have never seen it done Exclamation

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:37 pm

With the right detector, number of sun spots n CMEs & SMF fluctuations plus a good imagination you can detect anything anywhere , anytime. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:12 am

There are a number of people in Oz that would have purchased an AQ Ltd. if it had been as easy as going on Amazon or eBay.
The procedure was slightly more delicate, regardless I'm happy with the performance of mine and I got one before the undertaker made it to the door.
As said, anyone who want to see how the AQ Ltd. compare to other detectors on a wet beach are welcome to turn up and participate.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:45 am

This machine has been a flash in the pan over here, only a few dedicated users now that the new has worn off, some have sold off the beach machine already, all the hoopla about the discrimination has worn thin too, most use all metal mode. No word yet about the new nugget machine that is supposed to come from this beach machines guts.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:43 am

Are you speaking of first hand experience with the AQ Ltd, or are you relying/repeating second hand information. Question

Last edited by ivanll on Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Limited)

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:30 am

Forum thread info. Over course of time. I have no personal interest in beach detecting. I have just read all the usa forum threads on the new beach machine from day one til now. There was huge anticipation for this new machine from Fisher, then once they got it, interest waned quickly with most that bought it. Only a few still use the machine as a daily machine it appears from what I have read.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:45 pm

I to have read many forums and seen many YouTube/Facebook videos, some of which is mine.
Unfortunately the AQ Ltd. was sold to people with anticipation/expectations some of which have likely never used a PI detector before.
I do heaps of beach/water detecting but when water detecting use detectors I find more suitable for that environment.
To me "Limited" indicate it was not completed and if Fisher FT listens to the feedback from those that do a lot of beach/water hunting with AQ's and other PI detectors, then they will wind up with a finished product.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:21 pm

Personally I was all caught up in the beach machine hoopla due to Fisher is building a nugget detector off this same platform, but this too has mired down and is slow to progress, once its out I am sure it will be outdated by a mile. It is a better platform than the tdi, and QED since its a dual freq machine. Personally I couldn't believe that TDI ever sold a unit, since it was single freq, and had manual ground bal when the better gold machines all had auto gb for yrs, and multi channel circuits. Now I am sidetracked by the new GPX 6000, I have already sold my gpx4500 and acc, however now having doubts about the gpx 6000. it seems to do only one thing good which is grain wt size nuggets at great depths. AT that rate it would never pay for itself. I need a machine that does 1-2 gram nuggets deep, 10-16 inches. Got a patch full of these size nuggets that only pick up by gpz7000 barely, but the new gpx6000 is designed for nuggets well under a gram and less. With my gpx4500 I was down to nothing in same patches. For 3 yrs. Even my vlf gold detectors are getting next to nothing in same patches where I was getting 5-8 nuggets a trip for several yrs.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:19 am

Only 100 Impulse AQ limited was made and sold (Last I asked at Fisher No more Detectors, No more 8" coils)
If only a few is still in use on daily outings, that might not be because of the AQ, more like world condition where the user live and weather conditions.
I'm in the tropics and have enjoyed the freedom of being able to go to our beaches unrestricted at any time.
That was until our Qld. state border opened, then the conditions quickly changed for the worse.
Not every AQ owner are participating members of US forums but there seem to be a handful which have water ingress and complain bitterly again and again.
No-one on the forums are going to fix their grievance.
There are Facebook groups where satisfied AQ users posts some of their findings (I included) there are often requests from around the world of where to
obtain an AQ, even if someone have a used one they want to sell.
The wish for an Impulse AQ is still alive.
The wish for an Impulse Terra Firma, is still a Fata Morgana.

Detecting V09

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

gold bug sniper likes this post

Back to top Go down