Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fisher Impulse.

2 posters

Go down

Fisher Impulse. Empty Fisher Impulse.

Post  ivanll Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Fisher M-Scope Impulse PI beach detector, a Dave Johnson design, few know about them even less use them.

Been around since 1995, a bit retro but why change it if it works and this one definitely works!

Fisher Impulse. Dscf0810

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Fisher Impulse. Empty Re: Fisher Impulse.

Post  adrian ss Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:08 pm

I know about them but unfortunately have never had the privilege of using one. They used to drift a bit in tune but otherwise worked well.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:22 pm

There is No tune drift, it's a no motion detector, adjust the tune and keep the coil on neutral ground where the tune took place and there will be no change.

The changes take place when the coil is moved over changing ground or a target, then this is reported in an audio change.

This detector do not have GB and S A T, so is of little use besides from beach or water hunting.

Replaced the 8 AA cell battery holder with a 3 cell AA rechargeable Li-ion battery and went to the beach for some testing.

Big difference between switching this detector on at home in the garden to that of a beach location.

There will be more outings with this detector in the future ............ hoping for slightly cooler weather.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:18 am

I still have my catalogue for this detector and some reviews done back in the late 90s. The catalogue is dated 00. I take this to mean 2000
Most reviewers complained about an unsteady threshold and griped about he LCD display jumping about a bit by one or two segments. I didn't see that as much of a problem. Detection depth was good  although no mention on how the tecta performed on gold chains and other small jewellery items.
    THe catalogue states that the detector has a stable threshold and will run for 100 hours on a single set of batteries, The no motion mode is considered to be superior to motion mode. n I agree although you might find yourself tweaking the tune knob now and again.
Fisher Impulse. Rscn1016

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/impulse.pdf
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down