Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey

+11
kevlorraine2
anuj12690
Poopsy4254
Nightjar
piston broke
charcoal_chaser
Tributer
GoldstalkerGPX
AraratGold
bencld
hotrockgarry
15 posters

Go down

Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey Empty Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey

Post  hotrockgarry Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:04 am

Hi , im about to sell my gold rings i found with my tector on the beach , the guy calcutated the price like this , daily price per OZ divided by 31 , x .75 x .80 . Is this a good price works out at about $26 per grm for 18CT

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey Empty Re: Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:40 am

hotrockgarry wrote:Is this a good price works out at about $26 per grm for 18CT

G'day Garry, Well 18k gold is 75% pure, so if 999.9k gold is pure, and selling for $43.5 per gram spot right now. Just work out if 25% off pure spot price, and allow a bit for his profit margin is ok.

Iv'e seen a lot worse prices for "scrap gold" than what he's offering you.

chees dave

PS, these are the % in different karat gold
24 karat = 100% gold
22 karat = 91.7% gold
18 karat = 75.0% gold
14 karat = 58.3% gold
12 karat = 50.0% gold
10 karat = 41.7% gold

Back to top Go down

Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey Empty Re: Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey

Post  bencld Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Try this one. Gives you an idea what you will get for it.
http://www.wdavis.com.au/
bencld
bencld
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:42 pm

This is by far the best I have seen :

http://www.cashforgoldaustralia.com.au/

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:26 pm

hotrockgarry wrote:Hi , im about to sell my gold rings i found with my tector on the beach , the guy calcutated the price like this , daily price per OZ divided by 31 , x .75 x .80 . Is this a good price works out at about $26 per grm for 18CT

Have a look at this quick vid, this will show you how they calculate a weight and price. CLICK HERE

OR you could use this CLICK HERE

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Hotrockgarry,

Did you take the rings to the Police & wait 3 Months to see if they were claimed.

Funny enough one can be Charged with theft by finding. Shocked

Cheers Mick,

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:19 am

If you have more then a couple ounces of rings then a refiner like PW Beck http://www.pwbeck.com.au/Refining.htm may be worth consideration.

If you simply ring them and fill in the forms and send in a JP signed copy of your drivers license you can become a cash customer.

They will charge you about $110 for assay/refining costs per parcel and pay you about $1.30 less then daily spot gold price per gram for 24 karat gold. (ie, about $42 per gram today). They also pay you for any silver content (maybe $5 worth in a handful of rings)

So when you calculate how much 24 karat gold you have do the sums and take off $110 to see if you are better off selling to a reputable refiner who does a proper assay rather then the buyers who estimate gold content when they buy and then sell it to Becks or others anyway.

I have sold many parcels to Becks and their assays are good. Ie gold nuggets from different locations i have sold to them always come up with the same assay results over the years.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey Empty Jewelrey

Post  charcoal_chaser Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks for the heads up Tirbuter ,
Just Found a nice gold n diamond ring ( will post picks ) took it to Micheal Hill as it had there stamp on it , showed it to the women working there , Oh yes she say,s we sell that ring i'll give you a print out of the certifiate , **** myself when i see the price $2599.00 , Thanks again Etrac

charcoal_chaser
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:05 am

Hi Charcoal chaser, if you haven't already done so, then handing it to the police would be the thing to do.
I look at it this way, imagine if it were your wife, mother , girlfriend that lost the ring, you would want it back. Very Happy cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:24 am

piston broke wrote:Hi Charcoal chaser, if you haven't already done so, then handing it to the police would be the thing to do.
I look at it this way, imagine if it were your wife, mother , girlfriend that lost the ring, you would want it back. Very Happy cheers Pete.

G'day charcoal_chaser, well done on your find.

Pete is right, it is the thing to do. Also make sure you get a receipt from the police for the item and if after 3 months it has not been claimed then it is yours to keep and do with it whatever you want.

Not to put to big of a point on this finding thing, but just say for instance you don't hand it in and somone recognizes it later down the track, well believe it or not you can be charged with thieft by finding pale

Good luck for finding it in the first place well done.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 pm

charcoal_chaser wrote:Thanks for the heads up Tirbuter ,
Just Found a nice gold n diamond ring ( will post picks ) took it to Micheal Hill as it had there stamp on it , showed it to the women working there , Oh yes she say,s we sell that ring i'll give you a print out of the certifiate , **** myself when i see the price $2599.00 , Thanks again Etrac

The jeweler should also be able to identify the owner. There would be one very happy camper if you were able to return it.
A substantial reward would probably be in the offering.

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Poopsy4254 Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 am

Hi charcoal_chaser, check the lost and found in your local paper, may be a reward if it was lost recently Very Happy
Cheers Poopsy

Poopsy4254
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  anuj12690 Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 am

if you want to sell your gold then you can find good stores at cashforgoldbuyers.net where you can get good cash for your gold instantly..

anuj12690

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:22 pm

tributor - your contact link for becks refining didnt work, i found it on google as --
http://www.pwbeck.com.au/preciousmetalservices/contact-offices.php
they dont give any indication of costs for their services? your mention of around a $110 seems a bit low. can you elaborate ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:41 pm

G'day Kev

That was a few years ago that price, it's more like $150 cost I think all up for the last lot we sent in to them, just give them a ring and discuss the current prices and costs with them.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey Empty Home smelting

Post  SunriseBoy Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:48 pm

The thought is very noble to return the big finds like that I really love the stories of the "lost meets found" situations. And just a word to the wise; using Facebook is a valuable tool to reunite people with their lost bling. I sure you guys would know a few gals that would plug you into the loop that would start the process.

However, with the general run of the mill low grade gold finds, I thought it would be a far better investment practice to melt low grade gold down and put it into ingots for a higher price.  Well, that's what I do with them.

SunriseBoy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2014-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:35 pm

Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey
Your local CWA meeting. Laughing Laughing

What?.....a hall fall of women, what better place could you sell jewelry?.. T05
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ski29214 Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:26 am

I know that the accompanying discussions on 'found property' are quite old, however, the laws regarding same are very specific and apply to any item found that has a value. That would include almost anything you could imagine.

Just because someone finds an item/object does not mean that they automatically become the owner. People who lose items generally do not part with ownership.

The offence relating to not declaring found property in most States is Larceny by Finding. Depending on specifics, finder could also be charged Unlawful Possession etc.

Best practice and to avoid breaking the law is to take said found items to a Police Station and surrender them as Found Property. You will likely be asked for the location, date and time, your particulars etc. You will be issued with a Police receipt with your name and details of the found property. Generally after 3 months if the item(s) have not been claimed by the owner they can be legally returned to the finder who will, in the eyes of the law, become the new owner.

So remember, in the eyes of the Law, it is not a matter of 'finders keepers'.

ski29214
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:12 pm

English Lost property laws.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Who+ownes+lost+property&rlz=1C1AOHY_en-GBAU708AU708&oq=Who+ownes+lost+property&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.11557j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Australian Lost property Law

https://www.dwfoxtucker.com.au/2015/03/finders-keepers-who-owns-abandoned-goods/
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 am

I wonder if a person who finds a lost item at an airport in Australia is issued a receipt and is entitled to take possession of the item if it has not been claimed in the designated number of days. There seems to be a lot of stuff winding up in auctions. Maybe stealing by finding does not apply at airport lost property depts?
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down