Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost gold ring Redcliffe area.

3 posters

Go down

Lost gold ring Redcliffe area. Empty Lost gold ring Redcliffe area.

Post  fisho101 Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi , I have a fellow who has lost his wedding ring at Sutton’s beach . Is anyone interested in helping him out as my gpz would probably explode or be thrown in the drink through sheer frustration.Thanks for any help Fisho.
fisho101
fisho101
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Lost gold ring Redcliffe area. Empty Re: Lost gold ring Redcliffe area.

Post  adrian ss Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am

You said GPZ. Do you mean GMZ?
Sorry mate but I do not know anybody up that way. Hope you have been able to locate someone willing to help out.

Does the salt mode of the GMZ not handle the salt beach well even with the sensitivity turned down??
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  fisho101 Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:21 am

Hi Adrian thanks for the reply. I have a gpz 7000 not good for a junky beach. I had a ctx but found nugget hunting more to my liking , so I sold it .
fisho101
fisho101
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Well I will admit that using a GPZ in or over the water at the beach is a tad risky.
However if that is what you have got then it will definitely find a wedding ring....and every bit of iron on the beach.
If the ring was lost in the water then you may not want to risk the tector falling in the water. affraid

If you know the general area where the ring is lost then I would be giving it a go down to the water line...sure it may moan and groan a bit but you are not looking for a target that is deeper than maybe 10 inches, So choose the best GB mode and ground type, run the sensitivity low and go for it.
When scanning the beach, walk towards and away from the water line rather than walking parallel to the water. This may help reduce the salt noise

I am sure that there is someone on this forum who could tell you the best set up for a salt beach.

Maybe post the question in the gold hunting sections coz not many of the Minelab gold hunters look at the beach section very often.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Lost gold ring Redcliffe area. Empty Lost ring

Post  ttrash Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Hello Fisho

If your friend still needs assistance I know someone who can help

Send me a PM and I will organise contact details