Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found.

+5
Igotlucky
hotrock
WF2.0
Redfin
big fella
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found. Empty Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:58 am

There is a very very strong rumour going around of two very large nuggets found. One 12kg and one 6.5 kg, found by 2 different people. These were found in the last week or so in or around the Maryborough area. Both found out in the bush (not on leases). Not sure what detectors used as yet.
wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found. Empty Re: Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found.

Post  Igotlucky Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Hopefully we can get confirmation of that and even better some pics of them!

Igotlucky
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found. Empty Re: Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found.

Post  Kon61gold Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:14 pm

I can only hope its true & as Igotlucky states, some pictures come to light, for it will be a great morale boost to many. Cheers Bill

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Must be some holidays coming up, call me a cynic if you like. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:10 pm

They were supposedly found just prior to/during the Easter break.   Rolling Eyes    But as everyone has said it would be nice to see a pic or two.    Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Gday. Originally announced on 1st April.
Regards big fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:48 pm

1st of April? Shocked Could it be that we've been had like a cad? Q34 Q35 Just kidding Wombat. We must stay positive on this one.  What a Face

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:12 am

Kon there are a few more people who know about it. I also know a bit more info but right now I'm keeping quiet until I find out more. But what I can say is yes it is true. 
wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 am

If its true its bad news not good news because they are no longer sitting there for me or any of us to find tongue

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 am

You know I'm not doubting you Bill. Laughing After reading Big Fellas post, I couldn't help but throw in some silly humour of my own.  I do realise rare finds of this calibre, tend to stay silent, until all's comfortable to be revealed, some slip away in total silence, never to be seen. The most important thing here for people to understand, is that the odd larger slug of gold does exist, still awaiting to be exposed.
Either way, I'ts the picture that paints a thousand words & who here wouldn't want to see a picture of gold that size? Shocked Smile

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Ahhhh an easter hunt maybe ?? april fools joke  Laughing
Who knows
Old news
I Heard all about one nugget wayyy before april

true or false?
I dont know, Havent seen any photos.

Other one i was told about was found out in .......
ummmm better keep my mouth shut
As i dont want to start a bloody gold rush in case its not true lol!

If it is true..  congrats to those that found them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Heading up to Dunolly tomorrow, will keep my ears open, if there is a rumour, my FIL will be onto it.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Igotlucky Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:59 pm

So, has anyone heard any further news about the big finds???

Igotlucky
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Asked the usual suspects, nothing came forth.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:30 pm

I have spoken to the right people and they have verified the stories are true, and they are waiting to see about trying to get photos. Camera So fingers crossed.  Q10

wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  WF2.0 Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:20 am

Good luck to the finders if true. I think its important to realise you have more chance of winning the million dollar RSL prize than finding big slugs. Too many people think they are gonna get rich prospecting. Cheers

WF2.0
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2016-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:02 am

Hi
I dont know if its the same, but some big gold had been found in the GT recently, but it was on a lease and earthmoving equipment had been used.So not really detecting.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 am

Dig24crt wrote:Hi
I dont know if its the same, but some big gold had been found in the GT recently, but it was on a lease and earthmoving equipment had been used.So not really detecting.
Cheers Dig
Hi Dig
no these ones were found with a detector in State Forest areas around the GT
wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Igotlucky Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:14 pm

I hope they were found and I also hope they were found detecting. If so, what an amazing find after all the years they have been sitting there: having most likely been walked over many many times in that past. Makes me cringe from some of the signals I have left alone as 'junk'...
Would be a shame not to see a picture at some stage.

Igotlucky
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Wombat wrote:
Dig24crt wrote:Hi
Cheers Dig
Hi Dig
no these ones were found with a detector in State Forest areas around the GT
wombat  Wink

Hi Bill
Thats good then, hopefully more info will surface.Cant blame them for keeping quiet.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 am

Do most super large nuggets end up in the media eventually or do we never hear about most of them

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Igotlucky Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:08 pm

If the finder wanted to keep their identity a secret (as I could understand) they could just make another account on here with a different email address and post it there. Then no one would know who they were. T06

Igotlucky
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found. Empty I dont believe it!!

Post  Ivan N Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:32 pm

My 2 cents worth, i would bet if this story is true, that those large slugs where dug up on a lease, after a dozer has moved some ground, or if and it`s a massive if, if it was found on crown land, maybe someone actually tried digging a shaft and got extremely lucky, some people can have extraordinary luck. For what i `ve seen of the gt, i doubt that there`s even one inch of ground that has`nt had at least one coil over it, especially a rich place like Maryborough.
So i call bull#### on this one!!

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2017-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Ivan N wrote:My 2 cents worth, i would bet if this story is true, that those large slugs where dug up on a lease, after a dozer has moved some ground, or if and it`s a massive if, if it was found on crown land, maybe someone actually tried digging a shaft and got extremely lucky, some people can have extraordinary luck. For what i `ve seen of the gt, i doubt that there`s even one inch of ground that has`nt had at least one coil over it, especially a rich place like Maryborough.
So i call bull#### on this one!!  
Hi
Still plenty of gold bearing ground that hasnt been touched.The reason being on level ground it would take a life time to thoroughly detect what is in your line of sight . Secondly I agree there are areas that a coil has been waved over, but which coil, mono or dd , on tracking or in fixed.Then thirdly what machine, sd , gp , gpx or 7000 or 2300.Then on say gpx machines what timing.Also what diameter of coil.Thats a myriad of combinations. Everyone of the above machines has a unique gold signature. An example my missus got an inground response with her gp3500 , 11d coil.She turned her machine off and said for me to run my 5000 with a 11 mono over it.The top had been scrapped with her boot.There was no way that the target could be heard with the 5000 on any timing or setting.My advice nothing there.Dont forget a 11 mono is a very powerful coil.There was 1.9 grams of nothing there.That nugget did not fit the gold signature of the 5000, the reverse has also happened. Its important to have faith in your machine and coil combination.Each of the above machines is unique , ground balanced correctly and with the right coil for the conditions and with a positive attitude, an understanding on the depth of ground beneath your feet gold will continue to be found.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Just to add on to what Dig24 has already summed up nicely, also, look not at your coil size/diameter, thinking that your covering the same in size, if not more in depth, over a particular size/type target buried in the ground, for the greatest coil field coverage/sensitivity, over any given positive target signal, will be within the first 1 or 2 inches of coil surface, or in ground depth.
Regardless of the size or type of coil used, each coil has a maximum coil field output strength or target reach, over that of any given size/type target, at a certain depth. A 50 cent coin (for example), might well be picked up at a depth far exceeding the coils diameter, whilst on or near the surface but, take that same 50 cent size coin, buried in the ground to where it could just barely be heard, & you'll soon realise that superb working concentric, mono or DD coil, is now barely covering an area the size of that 50 cent coin. Shocked  When it comes to coil ground coverage over undisturbed buried in ground targets (such that of natural gold nuggets), the variables involved (via soil or size/shape/type/orientation of target in the ground) are to vast & to many, for any single operator, to cover every variable or square inch of ground, to the detector/coils full potential.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found. Empty Okay- okay

Post  Ivan N Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Yeah Dig and Kon, dont worry; all of what you have said has crossed my mind at some point in time, it just hard for me to believe a 350oz slug could have been missed, i guess it could of, if it was on the edge of a detectors capability, and with all those variables that you`ve mentioned, it`s extremely probable, but i do know of one poster on one of these forums a while ago (maybe 9 months ago)who claimed he found a couple of nice slugs in state forest, he had pictures, and when i came down to vic for a detect, i stayed at a caravan park that i wont mention, and they assured me those where found on a lease, so i`m just saying, take everything you hear these days with a grain of salt, because it`s most likely to be bull****.

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Why a big target can be missed is its that decision to dig.In the triangle clay domes and patches of high mineralization can sound exactly like a large nugget on the edge of the detectors capabilities. If you where to dig every inground response like these you end up just being a laborer. Anything well within the detectors capabilities is a gimme, but those borderline ones are the problem.Luck comes into play for all of us that have dug these and said the next is the same , to be followed by the person who comes next and gets the reward.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:07 am

I finally got hold of at least one photo of the big nuggets found in the last few months.
This photo is rumored to be the 6.5 kg nugget found over Easter. But is looks a bit small to be 6.5 kg. But who knows. You will also notice it was found with a 14" X 9" Nugget Finder Advantage and not the new Evolution coil.

The other photo is a nugget found on 14-4-2018 weighing in at 26.6 oz. Rumored to have been found in the Inglewood area. But as you all know, this is not necessary the case. 

I have still not been able to get my hands on a photo of the 12 kg nugget found around late Feb or early April in the Talbot area. But still trying.

wombat  Wink 
Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found. Ccf29014

Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found. Ccf29012

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:20 pm

very well done to the finder T06 gotta be happy with that

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Rumour of 2 very big nuggets found. Empty WTF?

Post  Ivan N Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:53 pm

Those 2 nuggs or supposed nuggs look the same colour as these fake one`s i saw a while back on ebay, does not look like gold at all, in comparison to the bottom pic, which is a rippa, lucky bugger!!.
It could be the light is making them look that way, but who`s to know, if you know there genuine wombat then my apologies, and that bottom one on the coil looks about 60oz, still amazing if genuine!!!!

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next