Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The types of nuggets 7000 has found.

+5
Jack outwest
goldstrijk
alchemist
piston broke
Shinegold
9 posters

Go down

The types of nuggets 7000 has found.  Empty The types of nuggets 7000 has found.

Post  Shinegold Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 pm

I don't know if there's something to this, this is just my opinion, but there seems to be common traits between the nuggets the GPZ has found. I think it's interesting, they look similar. I don't want to repost other people's pictures, but have a look yourself.

A lot of them look like blobs that have spaces in and around them, whether they're big nuggets or small. Evidence that Zeddo is getting these on a consistant basis is a good thing. It is understandable why these nuggets were missed in the first place: the eddy currents don't flow around them efficiently with spaces through the nuggets. Typically, detectors see the largets part of the metalic object, that is why thin gold chains without pendants are so hard to find at the beach. If a nugget has spaces through it, the largest "chunky" part of the nugget is reduced in size.

Once again, the fact that the 7000 is finding these is a good thing, it's easy to see why they were left behind by previous models. The coil design may have something to do with this as well, since the DOD design has two sections that will pick the signal up. No doubt the detector itself has been incorporated with the coil design, which helps!
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

The types of nuggets 7000 has found.  Empty Re: The types of nuggets 7000 has found.

Post  piston broke Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Interesting thoughts there Shinegold. Can't say iv'e really noticed, but will now it's pointed out. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

The types of nuggets 7000 has found.  Empty Re: The types of nuggets 7000 has found.

Post  alchemist Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:16 am

Even with Mike and Jen's first finds this could be the case. The quartz in the 51 gram piece may bisect it internally such that it appears to the field as several nuggets and not one. This would reduce the maximum depth obtainable on the GPX.

The 10 gram piece may display the "broken ring effect"
I've spent a lot of time beach detecting in the off season. Everyone knows about the extra signal response a ring will give over a coin of the same diameter, but I've found broken rings that give a much weaker signal you'd expect for the mass of metal. Again a reduced detection depth on the GPX.

The Z seems to like all gold, it's just in some areas all that's left remaining are the "strange"  odd balls, and in some places deeper bits even if small.

Cheers

I agree with the theory like you Shinegold, that eddy currents are impeded and some lumpy globular nuggets produce counter eddy currents in the different lobes, reducing the net return EMF.

Last edited by alchemist on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:29 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : additional content)
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

The types of nuggets 7000 has found.  Empty Electronic Detector Gaps

Post  Basada Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:57 pm

I don't agree with your theory about the shape of the nuggets and eddy currents. Then again who knows. I have a theory to. I believe the old technology had flaws in the depth that different size nuggets could be detected. What I am saying is there were holes or gaps that if a certain size nugget was in that gap it would go undetected using a certain size coil. This is I believe a true fact and not a theory. The New technology fills in those gaps and reads or detects all the ground with no gaps. Hence the gold we are finding with the Zed on old flogged patches. This brings us to the quotation by Minelab "up to 40% deeper" I think that means. Your using a 14"x9" on a 5000 you detect a 3 gram nugget at 10" but between 8" and 10" is a electronic hole. Using the same equipment there is a nugget 3grams at 9" you don't hear it, the detector doesn't see it. The gold is left in the ground for Zed to come along and get it. If you think about it a bit more what if the detector hole was at 11" to 13" and the Zed could see it then the Quotation of up to 40% deeper would be correct. Hope this hasn't confused anyone. I could be wrong too What do other forum members think Question

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

The types of nuggets 7000 has found.  Empty Electronic Detector Gaps

Post  goldstrijk Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:36 am

I think you are spot on Basada!!!!!

goldstrijk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:05 am

I believe both cases are true.

Detection holes are a demonstrable fact, and 40% reduced depth would likely be the maximum point in the curve. However, there are also low repsonse nuggets, for instance the video by AuMick and HobosGold shows how the 7000 gets a decent sized nugget at 100 to 200% more range.

There's two factors at play here, "holes" which come about mainly by the detector eg. coil, timing, and the ground type and nugget size. The  other, "invisible" gold has to do with internal structure of the nugget, lattice continuity, and density, and composition of impurities etc.,

It appears that when you get both of these factors at work, detection anomalies of 200% extra depth are possible, and this is probably what Doc was on about in a post in the US. They have quite a lot of deposits where a VLF with easily get gold a PI will miss, that is until the 2300 and 7000 came along.

With "holes" a change of coil or timing could possibly detect the nugget, but only if the ground will allow it.
With "invisible" nuggets it doesn't matter what timing or coil you use, you will still only be able to detect it at short range with pre2300/7000 machines.

In some districts there is very little "invisible" gold but in others, it predominates,  this is really 7000 territory, be the first there and you'll do really well I predict.

Cheers

Last edited by alchemist on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : additions, sorry early morning blurry eyes)
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

The types of nuggets 7000 has found.  Empty Is this why the 7000 finds gold

Post  Basada Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 pm

We may be both right about why it sees the gold. The one true fact that I am seeing when using this detector . It detects gold that the other detectors didn't see. Happened today biggest piece 2 grams but it also had mates. Happy Happy.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:24 pm

Some excellent thoughts Guys '
But where are the big solid deeper nuggets that should be showing up by now   scratch

jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:43 pm

This new machine has caused a lot of discussion and I don't think it will go away for a long time to come.
It's good to see people finding gold with it but we do have to be serious about it, so far it hasn't produced the goods.
I wish I was a techno whizz but I'm starting to get the feeling the best bit about this machine is in the new coil design.
thats just my opinion and you can abuse me all you like. but apart from the BS big nuggets now being found, just before Easter, my scepticism is getting worse.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Doofus wrote:This new machine has caused a lot of discussion and I don't think it will go away for a long time to come.
It's good to see people finding gold with it but we do have to be serious about it, so far it hasn't produced the goods.
I wish I was a techno whizz but I'm starting to get the feeling the best bit about this machine is in the new coil design.
thats just my opinion and you can abuse me all you like.  but apart from the BS big nuggets now being found, just before Easter, my scepticism is getting worse.
What do you reckon about the guy from Dampier over your side of the paddock scoring a 12 oz nugget at a measured 1.1 metre, Doofus.
It was witnessed by his mate who also had a dig on it.
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Inhere wrote:
Doofus wrote:This new machine has caused a lot of discussion and I don't think it will go away for a long time to come.
thats just my opinion and you can abuse me all you like.  but apart from the BS big nuggets now being found, just before Easter, my scepticism is getting worse.
What do you reckon about the guy from Dampier over your side of the paddock scoring a 12 oz nugget at a measured 1.1 metre, Doofus.
It was witnessed by his mate who also had a dig on it.

A report of something put on Facebook ? please give me and a lot of other people a break. It means nothing, just like the nugget find reported on the news.
Show us the video of the dig and the detector used. I don't wanna know where it was found, they can keep that to themselves.
as for showing a find or a dig on Youtube, you don't have to say where you found it.
I'm sure I'm not alone, we want to see results before outlaying $10,700
Is it too much to ask ? apparently it is.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Well the nugget looked completely real, still hadn't been cleaned.
No good to me, I don't ever even carry a camera. Rolling Eyes
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Jack outwest wrote:
But where are the big solid deeper nuggets that should be showing up by now   scratch

Those were able to be found by previous models. Especially since the ZED only has a medium sized coil on it.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

The types of nuggets 7000 has found.  Empty The Large Nuggets Have to be there to be found

Post  Basada Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm

For the Zed to find these large nuggets the nuggets have to be there in the ground. Question: How many operators have found nuggets over 60 ozs plus? I bet not many. Those that have found them. Question how deep were they? I bet not many over 20". The point I am trying to make is (1) there isn't many large pieces of gold around anymore. (2) From my observation normally large pieces of gold are within 20" of the surface, There bulk holds them up in the ground. (3) Smaller pieces 10-20ozs pieces will be deeper because they have less bulk (surface area). I believe the Zed will find some large pieces at depth but it won't be a avalanche with large nuggets found everyday. The smaller pieces will be found everyday by good operators and maybe once a month a big piece if you put the time in. As I said the large gold has to be there before you have any chance of finding it,

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:38 pm

My cousin from VIC who was detecting from 1979 on wards, with the early Garrets and Whites detectors (VLF's) found very large nuggets up to a bit over 90oz and ranging in size down from there, he took me around his old patches which were cleaned up pretty damn good I might add.

So I asked him how deep these big nuggets were, his answer was, oh round about a foot or so.

This to me is why we need to be looking at ground where the bottom is much deeper than a foot or so if we are going to have much of a chance of finding big stuff.

The exception to this is when a big bit is in a junk area and has been avoided by all for ever because of the junk and rubbish, nowadays you still hear of the odd big one and it was still there because of the excessive junk in the area.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:12 am

We all would like to find more big ones with the Zed but the gold has to be still in the ground to be found Dave if everyone could find large nuggets there would be nobody working.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kevwr Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:26 am

I have gone over a patch that was previously worked VERY well with a GPX5000.  The area was raked, and detected very low and slow and I reckon I got the majority of possible targets.  Within minutes of using the GPZ on the same patch I got numerous clear targets.  The majority were fine shot gun pellets, but there were also nuggets, but most were irregular shape.

I also noticed that the GPZ gives a distinctive signal for small irregular nuggets, a broken, wavering signal compared to a crisp even sound for shot gun pellets.  Almost every time I heard the wavering signal it was a nugget.  its almost as if the signal is mimicking the irregular shapes.

kevwr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down