Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exchanging gold nuggets for a GPZ 7000

5 posters

Go down

Exchanging gold nuggets for a GPZ 7000 Empty Exchanging gold nuggets for a GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi all, after reading Nero's scary description of changes to Ebay selling, I really don't want to risk selling gold nuggets on Ebay.
Does anyone know if Coiltek in Maryborough, or any other Victorian dealer, take gold nuggets for payment for the GPZ 7000? Has anyone actually bought a GPZed doing it this way?  Do they pay a reasonable price for the gold? Do they pay a premium for nice ones? Thanks, Harry.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Exchanging gold nuggets for a GPZ 7000 Empty Re: Exchanging gold nuggets for a GPZ 7000

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi Slim
Yes they are T06
Coiltek in Maryborough  give them a call them to find out the price they are paying

Or you could try Anthony Fraser in Bendigo

Back to top Go down

Exchanging gold nuggets for a GPZ 7000 Empty Re: Exchanging gold nuggets for a GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hi Slim
Yes they are T06
Coiltek in Maryborough  give them a call them to find out the price they are paying

Or you could try Anthony Fraser in Bendigo

Cheers Jen. Smile
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi slim,

I sell my nuggets to Peter Beck in South Australia. They pay spot gold plus silver minus other impurities. Refining, assay and freight for my last parcel was $181. Parcels are sent by Express or courier which they insure and having dealt with them for many years I have never had one go missing. I also feel they are much closer to the gold purity mark then some others. I know my nuggets from certain areas run at 98% purity and when I send a parcel of them for refining they are the only ones that assay them at or close to this figure. Other places seem to end up with a percentage point lower lol. Not a big deal but over the years it all adds up. They also pay you for the silver content but again this is only a few bucks each time. Shop around and see who gives the best deal and let us know. I am always looking around for somewhere better. It's damn hard finding gold and I really want every dime I can get for them.

I just sent a 15oz parcel to Beck also to pay for the zed. Being married I'll need a few grand of sweeteners to make sure the missus is looking the other way when I pick it up. Very Happy But I can't complain she finds her fair share of the stuff.
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:Hi slim,

I sell my nuggets to Peter Beck in South Australia. They pay spot gold plus silver minus other impurities. Refining, assay and freight for my last parcel was $181. Parcels are sent by Express or courier which they insure and having dealt with them for many years I have never had one go missing. I also feel they are much closer to the gold purity mark then some others. I know my nuggets from certain areas run at 98% purity and when I send a parcel of them for refining they are the only ones that assay them at or close to this figure. Other places seem to end up with a percentage point lower lol. Not a big deal but over the years it all adds up. They also pay you for the silver content but again this is only a few bucks each time. Shop around and see who gives the best deal and let us know. I am always looking around for somewhere better. It's damn hard finding gold and I really want every dime I can get for them.

I just sent a 15oz parcel to Beck also to pay for the zed. Being married I'll need a few grand of sweeteners to make sure the missus is looking the other way when I pick it up. Very Happy  But I can't complain she finds her fair share of the stuff.

Thanks Neb. Will check this all out.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Last time I sold to Coiltek it was gold price minus 15% which is the typical rate these days. Darren Camp is also a fair person to sell to, he,s in Clunes.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Canned Heat wrote:Last time I sold to Coiltek it was gold price minus 15% which is the typical rate these days. Darren Camp is also a fair person to sell to, he's in Clunes.

Thanks Canned Heat (Great band!) That pretty much matches ebay where you might get close to $50 a gram, but
then have to pay about 12 to 15% selling fees.

Ahh Jeez, I can't help myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p0PjECSyJ7w
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:Hi slim,

I just sent a 15oz parcel to Beck also to pay for the zed. Being married I'll need a few grand of sweeteners to make sure the missus is looking the other way when I pick it up. Very Happy  But I can't complain she finds her fair share of the stuff.

Hi Nebuchadnezzar
I used to sell all of my gold to pw beck as well.
But I've been selling my gold to these guys in Sydney www.kaisjewellery.com.au/contact.php
They use an XRF and give me purity minus 3% commission in cash on the spot, no limit to selling
amount, no other fees.
They also buy gemstones and I got a good price of them for the last parcel of sapphire that I had leftover from my sapphire mining days.

I've been dealing with them now for over 2 years and it works out way better for me as nearly all the gold I find assays better than 97% so my loss on the silver is way less than the assay fees at pw beak.
And I like just being able to lob up any time and sell as much as I need on the spot, and not have to wait for 2 weeks like with pw.

One thing though if you sell gold to any buyer that uses an XRF make sure it is clean, otherwise it will give you a lower purity reading if it is dirty.
Use HCl and HFl to clean it first as the xrf only reads the surface of the nuggets so it needs to be clean.

Sorry Slim this guy is in sydney so it doesn't help you much.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Hey Goldhound
As a matter of interest what % purity does your NQ gold generally go??
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:38 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hey Goldhound
As a matter of interest what % purity does your NQ gold generally go??

98-99%
But I have found a couple of reef/leaders and their purity was lower around 92-95%
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Thanks for the info GoldHound. At the moment I'm sending around 10-15oz to peter beck at a time. I'm not really keen to send more just in case it ends up lost in post and I don't want to send less because of the refining fees. Now I've just gone through and done the math (hope it's right) and it still seems to work out cheaper at pw beck if the parcels are bigger than 6oz. I will admit the 2 week wait can be a nuisance when you need cash fast so I will keep the info handy for next time I'm back in sydney. T06
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:09 am

Nebuchadnezzar.
I think your math is out.
The silver in 15oz even at 90% purity is less than $40
And pw also has about 2-3% (cant remember exactly) commision on their buy price too.
Basicly you save all of the postage and assay fees and loose the silver.
I have an account with Kais just like I have with beck.
There are other positives pm me if you want.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Yeah mate you're right. Looks like it could be around 2% but I think I will check with them to get the exact figure.
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down