Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tibooburra Sturt National Park Submission

4 posters

Go down

Tibooburra Sturt National Park Submission Empty Tibooburra Sturt National Park Submission

Post  granite2 Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Last year people with an interest in opening parts of Sturt National Park for prospecting were invited to submit plans for what they thought the new plan management should be. A total of 6 submissions were lodged, mine was one of them.

Unfortunately detecting is still not welcome in Sturt National Park around Tibooburra. This is a great pity as it would provide a great deal more area to prospect. It would have attracted many more prospectors to the area and Tibooburra would have benefited a great deal.

If you wish to see what the minister says about it go to the link below and look on page 34 (I think)

Jim Foster

Adoption of Sturt National Park Plan of Management

Recently, the Minister for the Environment adopted the plan of management for Sturt National Park.

I would like to thank you for your submission on the draft plan. It was one of 12 submissions received in response to the draft plan’s exhibition. The comments in these submissions were referred, along with the draft plan, first to the local National Parks and Wildlife Regional Advisory Committee and then to the state-wide National Parks and Wildlife Advisory Council for their consideration and advice.

The Minister considered the comments and recommendations of these advisory bodies in making her decision to adopt the plan.

The final plan as adopted by the Minister may be downloaded from the National Parks and Wildlife Service’s website at: http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/parkmanagement/ParkManagementPlans.htm

Yours sincerely

ANDREW GROWCOCK

Manager Planning, Evaluation and Assessment

National Parks and Wildlife Service

granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Sturt National Park Submission Empty Re: Tibooburra Sturt National Park Submission

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:16 pm

I can't get the link to work Jim, and I would like to read it. It would have been great to get more ground out there to detect on.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Sturt National Park Submission Empty sturt

Post  philip.j.thompson Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Wack in Sturt National Park Plan of Management

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Sturt National Park Submission Empty Re: Tibooburra Sturt National Park Submission

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:19 pm

philip.j.thompson wrote:Wack in Sturt National Park Plan of Management

Thanks that worked.

So tour group operators (sight seeing) not detecting/fossicking are allowed with camping, also bicycle riding horse riding all ok etc etc, but a little dig with a pick while detecting No No.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:25 am

Hi guys, I did a submission on this also. It is a shame that they didn't see fit to let us in, I know I would have! Very Happy Still and all.... hmm, I think it's about time I went back to Tib. bounce
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:49 am

When it come to National Parks, the powers that be don't really want anyone in, let alone prospectors.

Here on the Dividing Range there are State Forests where, with their permit, one can freely detect.
Getting through the surrounding NP is a different story though.....locked gates all the way.

On enquiry, the standard response is the NP is accessible to all...you just maybe have to walk.

Yeah...... like they do when propagating Lantana and Blackberry to feed the feral Goats which breed kids for the feral Pigs to get fat on.
Bit paradoxical how (at considerable expense) they periodically bring up a Dogger from the Snowy Mountains to trap the native Dingo.
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down