Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra

3 posters

Go down

HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra Empty HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra

Post  NAPFA Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 pm

All fossickers interested in the Tibooburra Area please note that the Plan of Management for the Sturt National Park is being reviewed.

You can have your say by 17 JULY.

While NAPFA will put in a submission, please consider having your own say to potentially get fossicking back onto areas where fossicking was allowed before it became national park.

As a rule of thumb, it looks to me like the area in the park south of the Gas Line could be carved out as a section of the park where fossicking could be permitted, with consent and with some park controls. That would take in areas close to Tibooburra but allow sufficient roaming space within the general area. This is a very small percentage – probably less than 5% of the overall park which is about One Million Ha. I can stand corrected if someone wants to measure it up. It takes in the Whitta Brinnah range and known gold locations near Tibooburra.

The document says the last area of park was reserved after 2003 when mineral and mining interests expired on Whitta Brinnah, one of the old stations there.

GET BUSY FOLKS – THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE HEARD.

Details below:

Cheers
Stephen
President
NAPFA

Public exhibition of Sturt National Park Draft Plan of Management

The Sturt National Park Draft Plan of Management has been prepared and is being exhibited in accordance with the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974. Sturt National Park is located in the far north-west corner of New South Wales, approximately 330 kilometres north of Broken Hill and 400 kilometres west of Bourke. The park extends to the north, east and west of the town of Tibooburra and is bordered by Queensland to the north and South Australia to the west.
Sturt National Park is managed by NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS), part of Office of Environment and Heritage.

The draft plan of management can be viewed at https://engage.environment.nsw.gov.au/consult
You are invited to make a written submission on the draft plan of management.

Submissions need to be received by 17 July 2017. You can provide your written submission in one of the following ways:
i. use the online submission form at https://engage.environment.nsw.gov.au/consult
ii. email your submission to npws.parkplanning@environment.nsw.gov.au
iii. post your submission to NPWS Planner, Sturt NP Draft PoM, NPWS, PO BOX 1049 Griffith NSW 2680

Your submission will be provided to a number of statutory advisory bodies as outlined above. Your comments on the draft plan may include ‘personal information’. OEH complies with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 which regulates the collection, storage, quality, use and disclosure of personal information. For details see OEH and your privacy. Information that in some way identifies you may be gathered when you use our website or send us an email.

Your submission, in whole or part, or as part of a summary, may be made publicly available on our website. If you object to such publication, please indicate that on your submission. Should an access application under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 be received that requests access to your submission, your views about release will be sought, if you have indicated that you object to it being made public.

Yours sincerely
STEPHEN MOORE A/ TEAM LEADER
PARK MANAGEMENT PLANNING
NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE SERVICE
Contact officer: STEPHEN MOORE (02) 44222341
NAPFA
NAPFA
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2014-02-15

http://www.napfa.net

Back to top Go down

HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra Empty Re: HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra

Post  Guest Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 am

G'day Stephen and NAPFA

Not much in the way of comments on this topic so far, plenty of comment about the fees the common trust want to charge though.

I have not researched the Sturt National Park area for possible gold producing and detecting areas, but my guess is there is plenty of potential areas if it was opened up for a look, this can only be a good thing for the town and associated businesses in the town and other areas.

NAPFA has had some success in lobbying for other areas around NSW to become designated fossicking districts, I can only hope there is some degree of success in this proposal also.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra Empty HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra

Post  philip.j.thompson Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Have sent in comments on this
regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra Empty Re: HAVE YOUR SAY -- MT STURT NATIONAL PARK REVIEW -- Tibooburra

Post  Guest Sat May 06, 2017 7:05 am

Took a bit of doing but I got it done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman Sat May 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Thanks for these submissions guys....it will all help.

There are many excellent writers on the forum -- just got to get them writing submissions!! LOL

go find some gold now!

Cheers,

Stephen
President NAPFA
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  NAPFA Sat May 20, 2017 11:27 pm

I'm heading to WA to chase a bit of gold over there. So I have had to lodge the NAPFA submission early.

http://www.napfa.net/upload/NAPFA%20submission%20-%20%20Sturt%20National%20Park%20Plan%20of%20Management.pdf

I really encourage people who know the area, or who are interested in going there, whether you are NAPFA members or not, to have your say. It is the only opportunity on a planned five-year cycle where you have a chance for input. Individual views and stories matter.

Thanks to those who have already made the effort.

Cheers
Stephen
President
NAPFA
NAPFA
NAPFA
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2014-02-15

http://www.napfa.net

Back to top Go down