Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

golden traingle weather

+3
Grandfather Johnson
noyungan
Kon61gold
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

golden traingle weather  Empty golden traingle weather

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:22 pm

hi all hope you had a good xmas and going ok in the new year 2018 according to the weather website its a continual say average 36 degrees up in the triangle for the next 2 weeks such as towns like Dunolly Maryborough and surrounding areas in the golden triangle I hope if anyone are living up there keep cool I hope to go detecting soon but I wont at the moment as its very hot and too hot for detecting please if anyone can let me know when it will cool down this will be great thanks tim yellowmellow
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

golden traingle weather  Empty Re: golden traingle weather

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm

any one please reply thanks tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi Tim
Usually takes until the last week in March before it starts to cool down
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 pm

ok thanks what about say late feb instead when does it cool down at the early the better as I'm inching to get out there for my first swing of 2018 tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Tim
Go to elders weather thru google then put Maryborough vic in search box.That will give you the next weeks weather. On the page you will see 28 day rainfall, go into that and it will show when the cold fronts are due.The cooler weather comes with the cold fronts
If anyone can do a direct link please do so
Cheers dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Patience Tim.  The weekend is showing quite a hot spell coming up for the Castlemain/Maryborough district & above. The weather is always a tricky one to predict, but if your'e keen to go out, go out during the predicted cold spells of whether. Mind you, as long as one is well covered from the sun & well hydrated, some people have no problem handling the higher temperatures.

Cheers Kon. Q11
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm

https://www.accuweather.com/en/au/maryborough/16024/weather-forecast/16024

try this one too it offers extended forecasts too
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Good site Tim
Im with Kon on this one , be careful, the weather bureau temperatures are shade temperatures.In direct sunlight its hotter.
Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:06 pm

I just came from 4 days at Dunolly.
41,40,43 and 38.
Not pleasant, best avoid if you can.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm

interesting article

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/techandscience/geologists-find-bacteria-that-takes-traces-of-gold-and-turns-them-into-nuggets/ar-AAuYRDe?ocid=sf
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Tim as you know I live up in the triangle and I only go out early hours of the morning at this time of the year when the temperature is low. I only then stay out until about 10.30 / 11.00. After that you can forget it for the day. For the next few days they are saying it's going to between 32c to 41c.
wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

golden traingle weather  Empty Weather In central vic .

Post  Gladstone Gander Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:03 am

Heavy rain today , will be hot again quickly . Wombats advice is spot on .
Gladstone Gander
Gladstone Gander
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-08-04

Back to top Go down

golden traingle weather  Empty RE: WEATHER IN CENTRAL VIC

Post  noyungan Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 pm

There is more to the weather than just the temperatures. get the forecasts and read the UV index, for the day or week. UV rays are the culprits for many cancers. Anything above 3 is sus and its common to have UV index of 14 which is extreme and recently was occurring almost every day... A while back it was recommended to stay out of the sun between the hours of 10 am to 3 pm, but now I read they recommend between 7.30 am and 4.40 pm... This would probably change as the seasons change,, less hours of sun and a weakening sunlight.. Heat exhaustion, heat stroke, sun stroke, all of which are serious conditions plus the advent of cancers makes our being out in the sun for hours on end a somewhat precarious occupation.. In severe cases, despite trying to keep hydrated , the body is outgunned in efforts (sweating) to keep things cool,, perspiration stops, body heat increases and coma becomes a grave risk with perhaps death following. It may surprise you the number of Victorians who succumb to the heat,(Can't remember the figure just now), so slip, slop slap wisely..
Stay cool!! noyungan..

noyungan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Bugger, got 57 mm here in my joint in Melb last night, and not a drop in the tanks at Dunolly. Embarassed Embarassed
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:25 am

Redfin wrote:Bugger, got 57 mm here in my joint in Melb last night, and not a drop in the tanks at Dunolly.  Embarassed Embarassed
Redfin Didn't you get the rain in Dunolly yesterday ??? We copped heaps in Maryborough. Started at about 3.45 pm and continued for a good hour and a half, may be longer.  rain clould

wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:28 am

I'm back in Melbourne this week Bill, but my FIL told me not a drop in Dunolly.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Redfin wrote:I'm back in Melbourne this week Bill, but my FIL told me not a drop in Dunolly.
Redfin I know that can happen. Sometimes Dunolly will get rain or even hail and only 25 km away Maryborough would be basking in sunshine. scratch 
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm

GLADSTONE GANDER now that's a name I have not heard of for some years. G'day. Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrob Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Grandfather Johnston wrote:-
GLADSTONE GANDER now that's a name I have not heard of for some years. G'day. Cheers wrote:

LaughingLaughingLaughing I was just thinking the exact same thing. I grew up reading about Donald, Daisy, Gladstone, Huey, Louie, Dewie, Gyro & Scrooge.
The good old innocent days hey.
Rob.

Sorry....... getting a bit off topic.

Last edited by hotrob on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : For got to add a quote.)

hotrob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Gladstone Gander Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Yes, it is an old and almost forgotten relo of donald, they never got on well together. My elder brother named me after gladstone because I was always finding stuff, and some worth a bit .
I thought it appropriate as you sure need a lot of luck in going out into the wild blue with expensive gear, maps, research etc etc.
If you dont have a bit of luck you really have to be pretty good at detecting with all the variables that we encounter in the field, and with time experience can help .
I enjoy the posts and thought I might try and put my two bobs worth in as much as I can, with the hope it can be helpful to others of similar interest .
Thanks for the interest...G.G.
Gladstone Gander
Gladstone Gander
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:56 am

For anyone thinking of coming up to the triangle to detect, it is going to be in the very high 30's all week.
wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

thanks for the update bill I hope it cools down soon once it does I'm out there swinging but it might take some time
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:24 am

yellowmellow wrote:thanks for the update bill I hope it cools down soon once it does I'm out there swinging but it might take some time

No worries Tim. Right now they are forecasting 25c. on Sunday & 28c. on Monday. But the rest of this week still in the high 30's. Not pleasant for detecting. Sad 
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 am

thanks bill for the info I might have to do a refresher course if I have to wait any longer to get out there I have not detected for ages ill say 3 and a half months also does my minelab gpx4500 remember the settings it last was on I hope so I have forgotten them thanks please update me too tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 am

yellowmellow wrote:thanks bill for the info I might have to do a refresher course if I have to wait any longer to get out there I have not detected for ages ill say 3 and a half months also does my minelab gpx4500 remember the settings it last was on I hope so I have forgotten them thanks please update me too tim
Tim you shouldn't need a refresher course. You have had more than most. Just get out there and it will all come back to you. And "YES" your 4500 will remember it's last settings. It will go to them as soon as you turn it on. Also Tim you have been told a few times, "if you can't remember your settings, write them down and keep them in your car. This way when you are out detecting you can check the settings. I've got my settings written down, and I'm sure most others have as well. Tim, what may be your main problem is that you are playing around with your settings to much and this is throwing out your machine. In other words the settings that you have set may not be working together properly. I know that others have set your machine up properly to give you the best chance to find gold. So DON"T play around with it. Every time you turn on your machine, your machine will go to those same settings that you last used. So if you have played around with those setting and then turned it of, it will got back to those same settings. So if those setting weren't working properly in the first place, they won't work the next time you turn it on.  There is no magic word or no magic setting that will find you gold. ( If there is please let me know) The main secret in detecting is getting your machine settings right, where you feel comfortable. And then do some research. In your case, pick an area like Talbot, Castlemaine, Maryborough or Dunolly Ext. and then get John Tully maps of the area you want to detect. Then pick out a spot and just work it. Remember "Low & Slow". I don't, (and I'm sure others will be in the same boat at some time), find gold every time I go out. That does not mean my setting were wrong. It is just that I did not swing over gold that I could hear.
wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:28 pm

hi all any updates regarding the weather and any gold detecting updates too thanks tim when will it cool down in the GT
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 am

Raining atm in Dunolly, not heavy tho, And a muggy 24
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:06 pm

what is everyones max temp when detecting please let me know thanks tim is like say 27 or 28 degrees to much please let me know thanks tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Tim I think that's got a lot to do with your age. I know some people still don't mind detecting when the temperature go's over 30c. But they are a lot younger than me. Myself personally, I don't detect much over 27c. But living up here you can head out early in the morning and then later in the afternoon when the temperature is cooler, specially on very hot day's. With our PMAV branch up here we have made it 32c before we pull the plug and councle the field trip outings. 
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 am

I was hopeing for detecting this weekend up at Wedderburn but the weather will be an issue it is still too hot to go detecting temps around say 32 degrees I don't know about you all but I'm getting sick of this humid still hot weather its no good and its unable to detect in it I wish it would be more favourable thanks tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next