Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we being pounded by the sun.

+7
Inhere
kiwijw
nero_design
evan2010
Nebuchadnezzar
kon61
Billsymo
11 posters

Go down

Are we being pounded by the sun. Empty Are we being pounded by the sun.

Post  Billsymo Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:25 pm

It seems strange to me that both the New Zealand earthquake and the one that happened today in Japan both occurred within Hours of X type flares on the sun. The latest one has caused interference with the earths magnetic field and Auroras can be expected at both poles over the next day or so.
I know this is off topic but since Sunspot Cycle 24 started in January 2010, we have had some very major events happen on the planet.
Billsymo
Billsymo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Are we being pounded by the sun. Empty Re: Are we being pounded by the sun.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Well who knows hey, anything is possible.
I do know that the earths crust is buckling and groaning every day due to the tug of the moon and the sun and all that hot stuff not so very far beneath our feet. But earthquakes happen somewhere every day around the major fault lines(Ring Of Fire) day or night solar flare or no solar flare. There are so many flares happening most of the time, some big and some not so big so it's a fair bet that at some time a flare will line up with an earthquake.....Maybe?? or sumfingk,...I dunno.... Bludddy el,.... I iz jus a num nut. Very Happy .....Ow shud I kno?...
Yer dun hafta anser vat Ivanl drunken drunken cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Your to late Adrian.Its gonna burn burn burn the ring of fire,Johny Cash ladies & gentlemen.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:58 am

Just think from the beginning of this year we have had, floods in Qld, NSW & Vic, bush fires in Perth WA, Tornado in Qld, Earth Quakes in New Zealand and now in Japan followed by a tsunami. Boy and we are just 2 weeks into March. What the rest of the year got installed for us. I think 2011 may be a bad year if this is any indication Shocked I don't think that I have mist any?

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:40 am

There are 2 dates to watch in March. (or close either side) 19th and 22nd. There is a very good reason for these things happening but this isn't the forum for discussing it. We have only seen the start of it.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Although not the forum to point this out, those dates are for the 16th International Pharmacy Exhibition in Lahore, Pakistan (also the Fellows sale in Birmingham starts then). Laughing
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:19 pm

yep...I didn't want to raise it either as I'd hate to cause a panic and frankly mankind would be better off being blissfully unaware. But seeing as Panther has let the cat out of the bag...I have a barbers appointment around those dates

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Panther wrote:There are 2 dates to watch in March. (or close either side) 19th and 22nd.

Panther

"Cead Mile Failte" (a hundred thousand welcomes)
Top o' the morning to ya Panther, you are nearly right. The date you are looking for is
17th March - Yes, its ST. PATRICKS DAY.!!!!!!
jocolor "Slainte" (good health) Laughing Laughing
Osama & his brother, O'Hara.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Well maybe if the Poles do flip then something very hot and sticky inside the earth has also got to move in order for the poles to do their flip. So I guess if a lot of the molten stuff does a bit of a turn then we will probably cop some big earthquakes as all that stuf starts flowing in different directions putting pressure on the mantel and crust and then the ocean floor will split open and the water will rush in to hot interior causing humungas steam explosions and fracturing of rocks and then the oceans will form different coastlines and then the earth will tune over on its axis and then we will realy be in deep water without a rubber ducky to hang onto. Very Happy affraid Shocked Sad Very Happy

OH yea I almost forgot:
Then the magma will break through into the natural underground oil and gas chambers causing them to ignite and break through the earths crust and then the earth will take off into space like a baloon with the air escaping''''Yee Haaa! what a ride that will be. cheers cheers

Last edited by Adrian SS on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Billsymo Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 pm

madtuna wrote:yep...I didn't want to raise it either as I'd hate to cause a panic and frankly mankind would be better off being blissfully unaware. But seeing as Panther has let the cat out of the bag...I have a barbers appointment around those dates
[b][u] lol!
Billsymo
Billsymo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Are we being pounded by the sun. Empty bit of bad weather

Post  evan2010 Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Wombat wrote:Just think from the beginning of this year we have had, floods in Qld, NSW & Vic, bush fires in Perth WA, Tornado in Qld, Earth Quakes in New Zealand and now in Japan followed by a tsunami. Boy and we are just 2 weeks into March. What the rest of the year got installed for us. I think 2011 may be a bad year if this is any indication Shocked I don't think that I have mist any?

Wombat
Yep theres been quite a bit of Bad happenings thruout Oz lately!! Also Wa had a fire near Lake clifton that destroyed homes, Extensive flooding in areas like the Gascoyne/Murchison and some major storm Damage to areas in the wheatbelt, Pilbara and Perth. Whats next?
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:32 pm

There was a guy on television a few weeks ago who predicted the date of the Christchurch earthquake with uncanny precision and he also predicted one in Tonga. I'm pretty sure he said it would take place today (the prediction was shown on the 6.30pm program a couple of weeks ago). Seems Tonga got hit a few hours ago: Tonga Hit By 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake this afternoon.

It might be the same guy, but one self appointed expert says solar flares are the contributing element for our earthquakes. He uses computer simulations to predict the events long ahead of their event. I don't know if his predictions are accurate but he was pretty bang-on in relation to the Christchurch quake.

Are we being pounded by the sun. 800px-LavaCreekTuff

Now, the Supervolcano in Yellowstone National Park (the so-called 'planet-killer') has been growing as the magma chamber forces upheavals at an unusual rate at the moment. Some alarm has been shown by a handful of scientists. One thing they do agree on is that the Supervolcano will definitely erupt. When, exactly, is hard to say. Could be today or it could be 10,000 years from now. But the magma chamber beneath the caldera has swollen at an unusual rate just this year and scientists were going to update the warning to Amber (it is currently on green). It has the potential to kill a heck of a lot of Americans before the dust cloud envelops the earth and we die from the 'nuclear winter' that it is predicted to generate as most surface life on the planet dies. Scientists have recently suggested drilling and using explosives to release some of the pressure from the magma chamber of the Yellowstone Supervolcano. Unfortunately we do not have the means to partake in this option due to limitations in technology at the present. I'm wondering if the seismic events this year (over 1620 earthquake 'swarms' in Yellowstone alone in 2010) will influence dormant volcanic systems. Regardless, a region of several hundred kilometers has risen another 3 inches per year in the last few years, suggesting that the Supervolcano has something special in store for us. Science is awesome! Tsunamis (on the other hand) are tragic. I'm stunned the Labor party aren't trying to blame all these natural international disasters on Carbon pollution. I bet they wish the could!

Last edited by nero_design on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh AdrianSS. That is the Fracking that is going to cause that.... clown

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:37 pm

MMMmmmmm, Arent the planets all lining up some time next year to create DOOMS day??

JW
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 pm

nero_design wrote:
I'm stunned the Labor party aren't trying to blame all these natural international disasters on Carbon pollution. I bet they wish the could!
Interesting post on Yellowstone, Nero, but do you really need to make snide political comments as those above. I hoped you were better than that.
Surprised Osama.

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Osama Bin Looking wrote:Interesting post on Yellowstone, Nero, but do you really need to make snide political comments as those above. I hoped you were better than that.
Surprised Osama.

Be prepared for perpetual disappointment, Osama: As long as ANY political body continues to pump false 'scientific' data into the public arena, I'll be as sarcastic as I darn well please. A Carbon Tax is something that needs more evidence for necessity before I consider it to be anything more than a method to tax the air we breathe. And a broken election promise is enough to turn even the most ardent supporters against our current puppet PM. I'm not being stubborn and I'd accept it like a bitter pill if I thought it was remotely necessary.

Didn't your mother teach you to appreciate your Greens? [more insidious sarcasm].
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 am

Panther wrote:Oh AdrianSS. That is the Fracking that is going to cause that.... clown

Panther

AAWWW shucks man I iz only joshin.....Weeeelll, sort of anyway. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:15 am

Every bit a spot on article Nero. PM with your email if you want the truth on carbon. The pollies are either lying or just plain haven't got a clue or been misinformed.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:23 am

[quote= Didn't your mother teach you to appreciate your Greens? [more insidious sarcasm].[/quote]

No, my mother told me to eat them! Twisted Evil cheers
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:50 pm

nero_design wrote:
Osama Bin Looking wrote:Interesting post on Yellowstone, Nero, but do you really need to make snide political comments as those above. I hoped you were better than that.
Surprised Osama.

Be prepared for perpetual disappointment, Osama: As long as ANY political body continues to pump false 'scientific' data into the public arena, I'll be as sarcastic as I darn well please. A Carbon Tax is something that needs more evidence for necessity before I consider it to be anything more than a method to tax the air we breathe. And a broken election promise is enough to turn even the most ardent supporters against our current puppet PM. I'm not being stubborn and I'd accept it like a bitter pill if I thought it was remotely necessary.

Didn't your mother teach you to appreciate your Greens? [more insidious sarcasm].
Ooooooh Nero, starting to sound a bit childish there. There are people of all political persuations on this forum, & as this forum is mainly to do with prospecting, i would respectfully suggest that if you wish to indulge in biased political comments, then go join a political forum. Last word on this & have a nice day. sunny
Osama.

Back to top Go down

Are we being pounded by the sun. Empty Carbon Tax

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:32 pm

If all carbon producing industry in Australia was shut down tomorrow there would not be a measurable reduction in the global carbon emissions as a result, not even after 10 years. There would however be an enormous and immediate detrimental impact on our cost and standard of living.

Our population is approx 22 million and our industrial regions are spread all around our coastline and overall, are minute when compared to the developed industrial world.

A carbon tax in australia is pure BS and nothing more than another money grab that the Gov know they can get away with because of the continual and planned Dumbing down of our society. People are becoming appathetic to the extent that they can be duped into thinking something ridiculous actually sounds OK. eg: Black should be called Rainbow pale Australians should change our own culture to accomodate the beliefs of fanatic religious groups who want to live here but don't want to support our way of life or our beliefs affraid pale Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:08 pm

You got that right AdrianSS.
Worst part is that they teach our kids lies.
Even after Al Gore's movie An Inconvenient Truth has been proven wrong
in at least 9 facts by a court of law in the UK, and now must have a balance
of information presented when it is shown in schools in the UK.

In Australia, it can be shown in schools unencumbered. Evil or Very Mad
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  blackwhisky Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:17 pm

If I made up lies to extort money from people I'd be charged with fraud!
Some how our prime minister Bob Gillard oops I mean Julia Brown gets awy with it clean! ?? Evil or Very Mad

blackwhisky
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Darylr Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:09 am

And yesterday there was an earthquake registered 43 kms s/e of Cairns. It registered 4 on the scale.

When I lived on Bougainville we would get small tremors nearly every day, also the occasional big one. We had a bronze frying pan hanging on the wall in the living room and it would often start to sway letting us know that there was a tremor. In the biggest one it actually fell off the hook. 7.6 really rattles the house.

Bougainville is on the join of Asia and Pacific plates. If it was quiet ( no tremors) we knew it was building up to a big jolt. affraid It is amazing to see wave formation going across the football field and it goes back flat after the event.

Darylr
Darylr
Darylr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerman Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Only during daylight hours. affraid
Diggerman
Diggerman

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  xenon Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Yes we are living in imntresting times indeed. But, at the end of the day, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. The world had gone through this cycle of events time and time again, major earthquakes followed by the tsunamis, heating up, icecaps melting, ice ages, meteor impacts etc, and we still developed into a somewhat intelligent race of beings (though sure some will dispute this) Very Happy It is juse a natural cycle of events, we just happen to be around during this increased period. It is all natural (except for the possible meltdown of the Japanese power plant). Sad
I just live life to its fullest and hope things all work themselves out. Am sure this is just beginning of it though
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:33 am

I agree Xenon except about the intelligence part of your statement.
When you see the behaviour of the warlike middle-east countries and the fact that this hasn't ceased througout the centuries then I am afraid that any other-world onlookers could only regard us as nothing but savages.
We can be thankful that Australia is isolated from this culture and we can only hope it remains that way.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum