Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17x13 Evolution 1st Day out .

+5
kon61
Reef Rover
Axtyr
slimpickens
California
9 posters

Go down

17x13 Evolution 1st Day out . Empty 17x13 Evolution 1st Day out .

Post  California Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:37 am

Hello my Aussie friends,

Well my 17x13 Evolution coil arrived and I took it out for a few hours, here are my thoughts...

Just got back after 4 hours of hitting a patch or two. What I was pleasantly surprised with was how lightweight it was, I expected it to be much heavier. I do like the tapered edge  as it slides smooth on the surface and grasses coming up after the few rains we had. I did notice more ground noise  in areas with heavy clay and medium mineralization. I dug a few fathom sounds which ended up just being the ground. In other areas without the clays it ran very smooth and no false signals.  I hit a few targets that I missed with the other coils that I would contribute to the new  Evo coil , seemed it just pulled that target out, I could have easily missed it if I were not listening but the target was giving a nice mellow deep signal on both left and right sweeps, after a few inches I was sure I was on a target and not ground noise. The signal was sharp and not so broad as heavy mineralized ground noise can be. I went to another location and worked the bank of a small creek and some higher benches right above it. The time was 12 o'clock noon and this is when I wanted to stop as its Thanksgiving, but...... lol I was not satisfied going home without some gold and new coil !! So as I was working the bank which by the way I scanned before in the past I got this nice solid hit left and right very clear, so I am thinking Crap another .22 cal bullet..you know that sound I am sure. Well luckily it ended up being a nice 2.31 gram placer nugget. I am very happy with the coil, for me its the perfect size and really is not that heavy for everyday use. I think it handles the ground very well, I just need more time on it to dig more targets and gold to really have a better idea what it can do. This nugget I found today I more than likely would have gotten it with another coil if I got the coil over the target, but I got the Evo over it this time. For those who still can't decide don't feel so bad, took me this long to make that decision...17x13 Evolution 1st Day out . Evo_fi12
California
California
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

17x13 Evolution 1st Day out . Empty Re: 17x13 Evolution 1st Day out .

Post  slimpickens Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Nice beginning with the new coil California! Congrats!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:39 pm

Well done California, nice nugget. It's always good to break in a new coil on your first day out, and especially on your Thanksgiving.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 848
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Very nice first find with your new N/F evo coil there California.   T06   Congrats to you and thanks for sharing your story/find.   Hope you get many more there as well.   Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Reef Rover Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Hi California. Nice Nugget! That 17"x13" will serve you well! I have one and use it as my primary coil I love it!
    By the way have you ever done any prospecting on the south fork of the Yuba?  Regards Richard
Reef Rover
Reef Rover
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Pleased to see that your happy with your new coil California.Tenacity & persistence, truly is the key to this game hey? Nice find,well done. cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  California Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:21 am

Reef Rover,

No I have never made my way to the Yuba, but I do hunt the Motherlode region primarily the Southern counties as they are near my place of residence.

Kon61,

I would say 90 % of success in the gold game is persistence and confidence that the next target could very well be a nugget, like sales its numbers game just have to "Keep On Diggin." Having the right tools to do the job helps a bunch also, I wouldn't use anything else but a Minelab...and a top notch coil.

Axtyr,

For some reason I Have always had luck on short Holiday or Birthday hunts.......cheers

Mike54 & Slimpickens ,

Thanks for the kind words.....the Evolution will be my go to coil for now ...all my other coils have taken a beaten,, falsing and useless to use anymore...the design of the Nuggetfinder Evo coils is perfect...
California
California
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:12 am

good on ya mate! nice lump of gold

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:39 am

Nice going California Q15

Back to top Go down

17x13 Evolution 1st Day out . Empty 17x13 Evolution 1st Day Out

Post  Eureka Dreams Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:13 am

Well done California cheers Always satisfying finding a nice nugget with a new coil,i have done well with the 17"x13" too.The 12" round is worth considering also.

Cheers
Eureka Dreams

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2016-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Nice to blood a new coil first time out with it. Good on you California. Nice little slug too T06  Oh....by the way: You have a New Zealand  (Kiwi) friend here too. T25

Good luck out there

JW  V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  California Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:48 am

Hi JW....

Thanks a bunch...nice to see you on both forums...I enjoy both forums but find this one bit more entertaining in a good way. Yup I am enjoying my new Evo coil and always look forward to another hunt. Got some rain today, hopefully Monday is clear and another opportunity to clear more trash and hope fully find another nugget in the tailings of a creek I am working. Take care, and see you around... What a Face
California
California
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:07 pm

T33 Q38

Great result California for the first find with the new coil. Gotta be happy with that.  V03

Hear what your saying about it being a numbers game and I am looking forward to improving my ratio of gold finds to shotgun pellets V07

Have just acquired a 14 x 9 Evo which I am looking forward to having a crack with ASAP.

Bernie
Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  California Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:52 pm

Determined1,

Yup pretty happy with it, but I do hear that 14x9 is a killer coil also especially on the small stuff. Yup, unless you're lucky to find a patch or two, the game is dig , and dig so more and clear out trash until a nice one shows up. It's a mindset you have to get into and be good with it, otherwise you give up. Truth is if you don't spend time out with your detector, you will not find gold, if you do, the gold will show up...good hunting and good luck. " Keep On Diggin "
California
California
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down