Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NF Evolution Coil

4 posters

Go down

NF Evolution Coil Empty NF Evolution Coil

Post  kiwijw Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:20 am

G'day you lot, I haven't seen or heard much lately on this coil. Not as much as the Coiltek Elite. Has there been a problem with it??

Cheers

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

NF Evolution Coil Empty Re: NF Evolution Coil

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:27 am

kiwijw wrote:G'day you lot, I haven't seen or heard much lately on this coil. Not as much as the Coiltek Elite. Has there been a problem with it??

Cheers

JW Smile

G'day JW

No, there is no problem with it, I have tried it and seen some gold from it. I am mostly using my 7000 but have kept my 4500 and do try these new coils.

I think most are just using the new NF evolution coil and getting over as much ground as they can before everyone cottons on to how good these things are, and from what I have seen it is equally as good as the Coiltek 14" Elite.

I have also heard good things about the soon to be released NF 11" evolution.

Of course this is just what I have seen and others may have different opinions. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi Dave, Thank you for that report. Cheers. T06

Good luck out there

JW Smile

kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  sluice box Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:54 pm

hi jw

me and the better half both have the 17x13 evolutions
we have only been out with them once but we are very impressed we both found gold
we usally run smaller coils 14x9s and we both agree that we have the same sensitivity as with the smaller coils
with added depth the better half has the 4000 and I have the 5000

as dave said I think people are to busy out running these coils or arnt saying to much
if you don't have one and can afford it get one
I haven't used the new coiltek yet but have heard great reports about them to
cheers happy hunting

sluice box

sluice box
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:54 am

Thank you sluice box, Looks like I will have to get one....may be even one of each. Rolling Eyes  I see Detach are making new coils as well.

Good luck out there

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hand Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:20 pm

g'day across the ditch, I have been using the 12 evo I like it good on the small stuff got 2 pieces this morning a 1 gr funny piece of gold it was 1.1 gr very flat about the size of a 5 cent piece but was at approximately 12 inches sounded like a pellet the next piece was nice and deep but it was just a brake in the threshold about 1 gr using a new 4500
JW I enjoy your comment and videos thanks regards john Very Happy
Old Hand
Old Hand
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-03-31

https://servimg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi There John. Thanks for the kind words. I got a 14" coiltek elite mono that I spent 5 days out over xmas with on some old flogged ground. I ended up pulling 32 little nuggeys for just over 8 grams. Smallest was just .06 of a gram. Largest just under 3 grams. To say I was gobsmacked by this coil is an understatement. I enjoyed that vid that Nenad did comparing the coiltek 14", the 12 evo & the Detech coils. You will have noticed that most of the gold I find is usually sub gram stuff. I dont know if I can justify a 17 x 13 evo but the 12" evo made me sit up & take notice. I will do a post on my last 5 days with the 14".
Hope 2016 is a good year for you.Good luck out there

JW V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hand Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:43 pm

The 12 evo are a really good coil they get great depth I have used a 11 elite and found that to be a excellent coil as well I think the round coils are a better choice than the elliptical coil good hunting regards john:D
Old Hand
Old Hand
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi John, I like the elliptical coils as they are very sensitive on the heel & toe I am able to poke & prod them in amongst the tussocks, thyme bushes & briar rose bushes. Not so much with the round coils. Especially the larger ones.  But the 14" Elite certainly had the sensitivity & depth on the small gold in more open areas.  The round coils are going to get the better depth than an elliptical. What would be your choice of the 11" coiltek & the 12" evo?  I just had a marathon session up loading pics to photobucket so I can do my post but it is now almost 1am & I need my beauty sleep. T09  Q05

Cheers

JW   V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hand Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi JW my go to coil was a 7x14 nf great coil so I under stand what you are saying about the elliptical coils ,as far as the 11 elite or the 12 evo I have used both coils and found gold with both the evo has 3 years warranty its lighter ,I must say I do from time to time do test NF coils so I may lean towards them.
With the pieces that I found the other day the depth surprised me other pieces the signal for target size a piece that read 0 on the scales good signal regards john Very Happy
Old Hand
Old Hand
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:21 pm

G'day John. I have loved all my NF coils. Favouring the ellipticals. From the little sadie, 12 x7 (2 of  Rolling Eyes ) 14 x 9, 17 x 11 & the 18" round. They each have there little niche & l have found gold with all of them. Looks like a 12" evo will have to join the ranks. I did pick up a 12" & a 14" advantage NF coils but havnt even used them. I got the 14" coiltek elite almost straight after getting the NF 14 Rolling Eyes & due to all the rave reviews on it I hit my old ground with that coil & I must say I am impressed. I was going to do a comparison with the 14" elite & the 14" NF advantage but I didnt see the point as the elite seems to be the bee's knees & it wouldnt be a competition.

Cheers

JW   V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

NF Evolution Coil Empty Re evo

Post  Guest Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:30 am

I'm having dramas with the 17x13 giving signals on damp clay down about 6 to 8",running tame settings .gain on 11 stab 8 .target volume 7.it paid for it self with one nug (12.5g)the first signalI heard was def gold the sweet sound and the way the signal tailed off ,then when I was down about 8" the clay joined in so that made it hard.being such a big coil and the nug was down so deep it was hard to work out where it was ended up being a big hole.so in a nutshell is anyone having the same drama and is there a way round it,I'm taking it off till the ground dries I'm sick of the false targets.

Back to top Go down

NF Evolution Coil Empty Re Evo 17x13

Post  moik Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Gidday cougar, I too have same issues with my coil. Very frustrating at times and to the extent of taking the coil off until ground dries,or in the arvo.
Red clay schist damp or dry gives very misleading signals. A 1 gram piece at 10" with initial feint but good signal nearly gets lost in damp clay on retrieval in hole.
Seems like a good coil but i'm  still not 100 % on pinpointing and sometimes  small targets seem to get quieter when out of ground?? Good to hear i'm not the only one with these results after 3 months of use.
cheers.
moik
moik
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-12-16

Back to top Go down