Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recovering from depression with detecting, Im grateful for this forum.

+2
spinna
boxcarjoe
6 posters

Go down

Recovering from depression with detecting, Im grateful for this forum. Empty Recovering from depression with detecting, Im grateful for this forum.

Post  boxcarjoe Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 am

I'm in northern California, new to gold prospecting, and its given me hope to beat a long standing depression. Im looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you and getting out to the goldfields someday. I recently purchased a detector and I plan to get out to the Sierra soon. Thank you for this forum.

boxcarjoe

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Recovering from depression with detecting, Im grateful for this forum. Empty Re: Recovering from depression with detecting, Im grateful for this forum.

Post  spinna Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Good for you boxcarjoe
Great relaxing hobby and you can tune out all the worries of the world while enjoying nature.
Take care and have fun.
Cheers spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Recovering from depression with detecting, Im grateful for this forum. Empty Re: Recovering from depression with detecting, Im grateful for this forum.

Post  artrix Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Take care with the depression mate, its a b**tard of a thing to have. Take it a day at a time and dont isolate yourself from friends and family.

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Boxcarjoe, thanks for joining mate. The people on this forum are just awesome. Look forward to your adventures Very Happy cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:44 pm

sunny

Last edited by UNCLE BOB on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi BoxcarJoe
Q31 to the forum.
I too am looking forward to hearing of the adventures you are going to have with your detector.
Its really great to be out in the outdoors, swinging a detector, concentrating on hearing those signals 
Under the coil, 
then dig, dig, dig..  V11 And out pops? Hopefully something worth keeping Very Happy
It just makes all your worries slip into the back ground!

Back to top Go down

Post  Schist Lips Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Good on ya boxcarjoe, get out and have a go mate, excersise and the outdoors fixes me every time. Good luck sunny
Schist Lips
Schist Lips
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2016-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocknut66 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:59 pm

Hello boxcar Joe,
You are on the right track going detecting to beat the depression . During my last years trip I met a fellow prospector who suffered just like you and I took time to talk to him and he told me that just sitting in a creek and shovelling wash into his sluice box relaxes him and makes him cope with depression and also helps him to keep his drinking problem under control. He was a nice young fella to talk with and share some information about gold panning/ detecting with. That was in Tuena/ NSW where I fell arse over head in the rain and jarred my shoulder blade which gave me trouble for a few month. Good on you, keep it up, find a few specks or decent nuggets, but just keep it up to beat your problems.
Good luck
Ray

Rocknut66
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-02-14

Back to top Go down