Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

howdy, i'm a newby

2 posters

Go down

howdy, i'm a newby Empty howdy, i'm a newby

Post  bfloyd4445 Mon May 18, 2015 2:39 pm

names Britt, and been diggin gold since i wuz weaned 70 years ago but never owned a gold detector. Gonna buy one now but can't decide on which one is best there are so many. Only interested in ones that come garenteed to find gold Smile
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

howdy, i'm a newby Empty Re: howdy, i'm a newby

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2015 11:05 pm

G'day Britt & welcome to the forum

Good luck with your search for a detector that is only "garenteed to find gold" 70 years, and digging without a detector, why change now. Very Happy there must be something in the way you have been doing it or you would have stopped digging by now. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Tue May 19, 2015 8:32 am

thanks for the welcome Dave.
 For me its mostly an excuse to get into the woods and explore country I have not seen before. Well not seventy years I guess I was started by a stuntman that disappeared into the mountains and mined when it was the off season or to hot in Hollywood. I was 17 then. Jim was about my current age back then and was strong as an ox.
Today a dealer was trying to sell me a Tesoro Lobo. He claimed it was easy to use nd a good first machine.  Geez...there are so many machines how does one choose?
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2015 10:26 am

G'day Britt

Choose a detector according to what you want to achieve and what your budget and spare cash will allow.

Detecting for gold in the USA is different to detecting for gold here in Australia, we need a detector that can handle the mineralized soil very well, but from what I read you guys over there can use VLF detectors to great effect.

Garrett and Whites have a good range of these machines, and Minelab also have some good VLF machines that wont break the budget.

Hope you find one that suits you.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Tue May 19, 2015 11:11 am

I think the Tesoro Lobo super traq is a VLF. There are lots of highly mineralized ground out here as well. Right now i am in the mother lode country in central California. Yes, the names you mentioned are all good companies with fine machines and I was leaning towards a White gmt or a Minlab untill today. The Tesoro's all have lifetime gaurantees and are made here. I like the idea of a display of the signal as well as sound but the Tesoro's designed for gold are lacking a display but have outstanding auto discrimination capability.
So Dave, have you found any nuggets? I would love to visit your country and likely never will but the wide open spaces are very attractive to me.
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi Britt,
There must be a gold in that Sacramento river.

I visited my uncle many times and never even think of gold cos then was not interested in detecting.

He actually lives on a river front and i was more interested in fishing and skiing then anything else.

Well next trip i think i might do some homework.

You must be doing something right if you never bought a detector.Sure it could be little easier to walk with detector.

You can look into here :

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f38-members-finds

Memorable Nuggets & Finds
Members Videos

and see what type of nuggets and what type of detectors is widely used here so you will get an idea.

Nothing is guaranteed in life but it will be quite hard not to find at least one little nugget here.
There are many many different detectors and price difference is quite significant.
Read as many posts and ask as many questions.
Good luck and big hello to Sacrament from me.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2015 1:15 pm

bfloyd4445 wrote: So Dave, have you found any nuggets? I would love to visit your country and likely never will but the wide open spaces are very attractive to me.

G'day Britt

Yes, I have found many nuggets and specimens, not trying to brag but probably several thousand in total. The wide open spaces are attractive to me as well, and we spend the winter months over here detecting.

Here is a small sample of our gold finds from previous years.
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t10024-our-memorable-nuggets

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Tue May 19, 2015 1:27 pm

golden wrote:Hi Britt,
There must be a gold in that Sacramento river.

I visited my uncle many times and never even think of gold cos then was not interested in detecting.

He actually lives on a river front and i was more interested in fishing and skiing then anything else.

Well next trip i think i might do some homework.

You must be doing something right if you never bought a detector.Sure it could be little easier to walk with detector.

You can look into here :

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f38-members-finds

Memorable Nuggets & Finds
Members Videos

and see what type of nuggets and what type of detectors is widely used here so you will get an idea.

Nothing is guaranteed in life but it will be quite hard not to find at least one little nugget here.
There are many many different detectors and price difference is quite significant.
Read as many posts and ask as many questions.
Good luck and big hello to Sacrament from me.

GoldEN

Yes there is. In fact Teichert sand and gravel makes a fortune off the gold they find. Up untill recently gold could only be sold to the government for a fixed price but the above company was mining pretending to sell gravel. Thirty years ago my company got a bid for a security and communications system to be installed at one of their pits. I asked questoons about a vault they had under ground and one of the operators filled me in. From the washing of the gravel they find gold which is collected each week by an armoured car with armed gaurds and hauled away. No one is allowed in the vault without a family member in company gaurds included. This company has been selling sand and gravel since about 1920. The river system used to meander all over the valley distributing the runoff from the motherlode in the hills over a wide swath of the vlley. I think pretty much any where if you dug deep enough near the mountains you will find gold.
Yes, if your planning a visit look me up i would be happy to show you around.

Thanks for the link
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Tue May 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi Britt , Welcome to the forum , good luck out there ..cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Wed May 20, 2015 10:31 am

goldenhero wrote:Hi Britt , Welcome to the forum , good luck out there ..cheers Mick

Thanks Mike. This is a great forum lots of fine people

Best wishes
Britt
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down