Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gpz is 10/10

+24
akko
slimpickens
Hoffs Gold
Troopy
hugh62
martinjsto
Redfin
chris68
blue
spinna
AUoptimist
pablop
vasilis
tricky 1
Tributer
Toysandthings
goldquest
Jay Gold
Qld Sandy
kon61
Hermann
Wantmoregold
goldstrijk
artrix
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Gpz is 10/10 - Page 4 Empty Re: Gpz is 10/10

Post  slimpickens Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:03 am

UTBN wrote: On a side note it appears minelab won't take my word that my module is stuffed and I'm to send it in first before it gets fixed.

Hi Jason, could you describe the fault in the module. Mine was sounding like it was losing contact with it's base station occasionally last time I used it even though the battery was full and I haven't change it's position on my shoulder strap. I'll give mine one more run and if it does it again it will have to go in to Minelab.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  martinjsto Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:05 pm

hi jase, great to hear your still killing it. pretty poor attitude from minelab with your module. looks like its a send off to be fixed but what do you do in the meantime, buy a backup? be careful about any dew in the morning with the crack in the screen mate, water ingestion will kill it pretty quickly. those pics of your gold are impressive, very clean gold there buddy. im heading out on Thursday for a week in Meeka so hopefully a few more bits will be added to my collection. have fun in Kal mate, there will be some sore ladies walking around by the end of the week. lolol.
keep well mate and see ya again soon.
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:56 pm

G'day Slimpickens, the fault with mine is the speaker inside module has come loose so you can't use it as an external speaker. Which was handy for days when it was quite warm and much cooler without wearing headsets. I'll get a spare to take back out with me when I leave again.
Heya Martin goodluck out meeka way mate shame you weren't going there the week after as I'll be there again to finish off a few spots.
Wow I'm burning through cash in kal atm I better ease up. Nah bugger that I'll just get some more gold haha

Back to top Go down

Post  akko Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:59 pm

With all the positive feedback from UTBM and proof of his detecting with the 7000, and with Minelab reading this forum.
I think he has done more for sales than they appreciate, Send him a new one i reckon.

akko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  akko Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Detector that is

akko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  martinjsto Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:13 pm

100% agree akko, you couldnt get better advertising. Jase I will be there from the 16th to the 24th then back again for the muster from the 1st August on so depending on your plans we may get a chance to see ya for a few days. send me a txt (0433818948) with your plans next week sometime and we will see how we are traveling.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:36 pm

Ahh cheers guys. Minelab remind me of my last ex wife. They just want the money. Once they've got it, it's a case of thanks and catch ya later gator.

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:29 pm

had a issue jas with my module, and it was the dealer in town who actually picked it up.
so it got sent back to minelab who took over 3 weeks to get it back to me saying nothing was wrong yet compared to the others on the day there was definitely a issue with the speaker being very distorted and cutting out a lot even when placed near the actual detector.
i have since given up on the module speaker and gone down the route of b/z booster, dual speaker combo, heaps better.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:50 am

hoolahoopa wrote:had a issue jas with my module, and it was the dealer in town who actually picked it up.
so it got sent back to minelab who took over 3 weeks to get it back to me saying nothing was wrong yet compared to the others on the day there was definitely a issue with the speaker being very distorted and cutting out a lot even when placed near the actual detector.
i have since given up on the module speaker and gone down the route of b/z booster, dual speaker combo, heaps better.
G'day mate, my module sounds very similar to what you described. Most times very distorted and occasionally it comes good. I presumed it was the speaker. It's been sent off now and they better not tell me there's nothing wrong with it. Anyone else got a crack in their screen? Mine appeared over night.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasong Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Have you guys tried pressing the little hidden reset button in the speaker grate on the module?

I was having similar issues the first week I ran my machine, did a reset of the module and it seemed to fix it. I also rapped it against my palm a few good times beforehand some maybe the BFH technique is what did it, dunno. Very Happy

jasong
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:39 pm

Page 11 out of the manual
Wireless Audio Module
The Wireless Audio Module (WM 12) receives wireless
audio using advanced Wi-Stream technology to achieve
clear sound with no perceivable time delay.
It contains an internal loudspeaker and ¼-inch headphone
socket for use with your choice of headphones. It can be
used with the supplied belt clip.
The WM 12 has 14 channels, which allows multiple
detectors to be used within the same vicinity without
degraded performance.
The WM 12 must be connected to the GPZ 7000 as
described below before it can receive wireless audio.
WARNING
Do not immerse the WM 12 in any
liquid or allow water ingress.
Power LED
Power Button
Connection
LED
Connection
Button
Belt Clip
Reset
Button*
* If you
experience
difficulties with
your WM 12,
insert a paper
clip here to reset.
Connect the WM 12
Ensure that your WM 12 battery is fully charged before
you go detecting. For instructions on how to charge your
WM 12, see page 10.
It is only necessary to perform the wireless connection
procedure once, and after a reset or firmware upgrade.
After initial connection, the detector and WM 12 will
connect automatically when the WM 12 is turned on.
To connect the WM 12 to your detector, navigate to
‘Connect WM 12’ in the Settings menu and select it to
start the Guide sequence.
During the Guide sequence, a random channel will be
displayed. To change the channel, press the left or right
Arrow buttons. Press Select to confirm the channel.
Connect WM 12 Guide sequence showing channel selection
A countdown bar will appear at the bottom right of the
guide screen. If the WM 12 does not connect before the
countdown is finished (20 seconds), you will be prompted
to select either Cancel or Retry. Select Retry to repeat the
Connect WM 12 guide sequence.
Use the Wireless function on the Settings page to
enable or disable wireless (page 28). Disabling wireless
when you are not using the WM 12 is recommended to
conserve detector battery life.
NOTE
The WM 12 Connection LED may flash red
occasionally when the WM 12 is working
correctly. This indicates an intermittent
deterioration in radio communications and
is for information only– it can be ignored unless it blinks
red persistently.
If the Connection LED blinks red persistently, the
connection to the detector has been lost. Select the
Connect WM 12 function to reconnect the WM 12.
A lost connection is also indicated by the Wireless icon on
the Status Bar (page 18).
Reset the WM 12
If you experience "any difficulties" with your WM 12, reset
the device by using the end of a paper clip to press the
Reset button.
Wireless Audio Module

I wish Minelab had listed what type of difficulties they're talking about, hope it includes "cutting out"

Thanks jasong, I forgot all about that reset button- will give it a go.
PS. Welcome aboard!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  jasong Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Thanks for the welcome, yeah I forgot about that part in the manual too until Steve Hershbach pointed it out when I posted with my module issues. Worth a try anyways, it goes pretty quick you just have to make sure to pair it back up with the detector again, I chose a different channel in case the old channel was the problem.

jasong
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:59 pm

slimpickins wrote:I wish Minelab had listed what type of difficulties they're talking about, hope it includes "cutting out"

G'day Harry

If you detect right handed place the wm12 module on your waist belt on the right hand side of your body, and visa versa for left handed detecting.

If you have the wm12 on your harness at your shoulder you will experience "cutting out" and this is very annoying

Or you can have the wm12 attached to the arm strap of the detector its self if your not using headphones or booster.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Dave this is what baffles me with regards to the location of the module. as you say on your belt or in your pocket is supposed to be best yet it seems to be the worst location for me with cutting out.
if i place it on my chest on the left side and i detect right handed it seems to work best.
then go figure i can walk away from the detector sometimes up to 50+ metres and it doesn't miss a beat beautiful and clear. i dont know WTF?
it seems to be like the rest of the detector temperamental at best.
cheers

p.s. tried the reset and channel change no difference for me.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:09 pm

davsgold wrote: [
G'day Harry

If you detect right handed place the wm12 module on your waist belt on the right hand side of your body, and visa versa for left handed detecting.

If you have the wm12 on your harness at your shoulder you will experience "cutting out" and this is very annoying

Or you can have the wm12 attached to the arm strap of the detector its self if your not using headphones or booster.

cheers dave

I understand this Dave, but it's worked fine (positioned in the same place in the middle of my chest) for the last 10 trips, so who knows what's upsetting it now. But I will try positioning it in a few different spots to see if it stops cutting out.
At the moment it's just a slight irritation, so we'll see what happens.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:48 pm

hoolahoopa - i have found my shirt pocket on the left side is also the best place for the wm12 (i am right handed also).

possibly what makes a difference is i use the pro harness with the bungee wrapped around the handle (like usbn), this setup tends to keep the detector a bit forward of your body and therefore in a direct line to the wm on your chest. without any bungee, or possibly with the detector on a short lead and closer to your feet you might loose that direct line.

but then again, we are finding many variations in this machines setup, and i might be just lucky, like you, and have a good wm12, or signal strength from the machine, as i also can walk well away from my machine, and with my back to it, still get a good signal. dont know what everybodys problems are, but just glad i dont have them ... kev

P.S. just had a thought - i am still pretty fit and dont have a big GUT, that could probably make a difference???? (not implying anything about anybody else physique, as i dont actually know many on this forum personally)

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:10 am

Jason Phillips is back!!!!!
10 grand lighter but ready for round 2. I have received information that a respected member and skilled prospector off this forum is in the grounds I'm heading for. Ladies and gentleman two worlds are colliding, East meets west, it's JP vs JP. There can only be one. This young pup is taking on the old dog.
I shall fly the flag for Western Australia. The gold shall be mine. (I think I've had too many coffees this morning)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Good luck out there again Jase, go bag some more yella. The way you were going it won't take you long to put that back in the kitty.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:59 am

I feel a thank you is in order.
I wish to thank all the whingers of the 7000 because since the software update that minelab released to help those people, im getting more gold now. THANK YOU WHINGERS
If minelab somehow are reading this perhaps the next software update could be something that makes these god damned flies stay away.
This message was brought to you by utbn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:12 am

G'day Jase

I also reckon the update for the 7000 made a big difference to my machine, much more stable and the ground balance now stays put in auto tracking, so it's a big YES from me.

Those damn flies were unbelievable, but we had a good time in WA, anyway we've been home for a couple of weeks now.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:26 am

davsgold wrote:G'day Jase

I also reckon the update for the 7000 made a big difference to my machine, much more stable and the ground balance now stays put in auto tracking, so it's a big YES from me.

Those damn flies were unbelievable, but we had a good time in WA, anyway we've been home for a couple of weeks now.

cheers dave
Dave, how ya going. I thought you were still here. Ahh you left the gold for me to mop up. Thank you sir.
Yeah quite a noticeable difference with the upgrade.
I tested it out prior to upgrading mine vs an upgraded zed on undug gold targets. Stability was greatly improved. I then upgraded mine and went bush again. Tried an area I hammered earlier and plucked several more out so there is a improvement.
Really, really need larger coil for zed. Current one too small.
I swear these flies are trying to fly away with me.

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 am

UTBN wrote:

you can say that again!!!

UTBN wrote:
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Hey, let the non owning knockers think that there is still issues. We dont want them realising how good it might be. That way we get to reap the advantages in the more hammered areas. After all, we have taken the plunge on this new machine and only we know what its true worth is.
AND YES MINELAB, WHERE IS THE LARGER COIL?????Question   Question
That does need to be said again.

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Mmmmmm maybe you're right travelergold in trying to justify our heafty investment we may actually get more competition, after all we need some recompense for being early adopters.

OK I'm signing out till it's paid for, could be a long long time..........
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:56 pm

I was conned into a goanna wrestling match. Now I've got a sore neck. And I lost the match. But it is a highly amusing game, I dunno why I've mentioned it here.

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:48 pm

"goanna wrestling match"
Jase, that wouldn't be secret lingo for,.......... you've been testing the new 22" Zed coil and it's a real pain in the neck to swing all day?
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:56 am

alchemist wrote:"goanna wrestling match"
Jase, that wouldn't be secret lingo for,.......... you've been testing the new 22" Zed coil and it's a real pain in the neck to swing all day?
Haha I wish mate. Nah genuine game.
Draw a line in sand, put a lifting sling over the head the of two combatants, both lay down on ground, and on go, both try to reverse backwards whilst trying to drag one another over the line.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:10 am

UTBN wrote:I was conned into a goanna wrestling match. Now I've got a sore neck. And I lost the match. But it is a highly amusing game, I dunno why I've mentioned it here.

Hey Jase
I wasn't sure if you were fair dinkum or not scratch
Never heard of that type of sport before..

Thought maybe you had a few T21   Laughing

sounds like you lost! Must be a huge Goanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:04 am

Merry Xmas all. And that was one great season for me personally. Hope others had a good one as well.
The gee pee zee, bloody awesome, love it. My plan for the past season was to hammer any ground I personally had found gold in the past. I ran out of time to get through all areas as the heat hit. I also had slowed right down in the second half of the season due to a commitment but ironically as to the recovered weight of gold I got more then the first half of season.
As to how many individual pieces found by zed only? That number came to a whopping 4106. Not quite the 5000 I wanted. But pretty close. Roll on season 2016. I'm starting early this time!!!!! Cheers

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum