Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gpz is 10/10

+24
akko
slimpickens
Hoffs Gold
Troopy
hugh62
martinjsto
Redfin
chris68
blue
spinna
AUoptimist
pablop
vasilis
tricky 1
Tributer
Toysandthings
goldquest
Jay Gold
Qld Sandy
kon61
Hermann
Wantmoregold
goldstrijk
artrix
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gpz is 10/10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Gpz is 10/10

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Congratulations on your gold finds UTBN.  Q38

It's good to see you are a happy chappy even with the size nuggies you are finding.
And a Very nice collection you are getting yourself.

I would be more then happy to be eating your "dust " if you leave me one or two Q34

Good luck out there, and going by your blisters, you need a day or two off V51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am

Geez thanks heaps for that mike and Jen I appreciate that. Look forward to meeting you guys and also davsgold this year at some point. Yeah I'm pretty sore all over and having a lazy day today at camp. I've never dug so much like this. I'm no longer laughing and smiling at signals it's more like ahh bugger already!
I've develeped quite the pick hand haven't i haha. I'm now rotating hands to stop favouring the left. Ah Jen there's plenty over here and you guys will do well for sure. Hit your known areas with zed hard. At times you will come to an absolute crawl as signals seem to be everywhere. Some responses are so subtle at first you doubt it's a target but after one scrape response is def there.
Bill!!! Mate you going Mexico too? I'm hoping to go in jan all depends on this season.
Kon!!! I got woken up early the other morning I thought it was the pastoralist, looked out the window straight into a cows face peering in me window hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:18 pm

No worries Jason

Thankyou for sharing all your finds with us all.

Yes you are right in saying go to our known spots that we have found gold in the past.
And that's what we shall be doing, if the ground is open, and by Jov! It is.. Woo hoo!!! Laughing

Yes, we will have to try to catch up, while we are over there.  cheers

Last edited by Jen58 on Sat May 09, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat May 09, 2015 7:20 pm

[quote="vasilis"]Hi Giancarlo and Maureen lets hope I will also rank the GPZ at 10 out 10 but Im sure it will be a challenge to match Jasons finds. Well done mate.
I presume you and Maureen are still out and about here in Vic so we must make a time to meet up again. I'm still working a lot but now I have to make the time for prospecting. Can't have this thing sitting in the cupboard.
cheers bill[/quote]

Any time mate, just say where and when and we will be there.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Sun May 10, 2015 11:09 am

Hi Jason. Mate if the sun is shinning and the beaches full with bikini it would be a nice break from deserts of WA. Hah, only wishful thinking on my part Jason.
Looking forward to catching up at some point Giancarlo so we can compare notes on the GPZ.
cheers bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 10, 2015 8:02 pm

Haha how's this! Yesterday I decided I'd have an easy day to try and rest up. Digging this many holes in a short time is not easy. I ended up going for a late walk in new country. Bang! Patch. Virgin patch too. Got 21 nuggets then today another 48.

Here is the pic of the nuggies off the new patch.

Gpz is 10/10 - Page 2 517780CA-7BAE-453D-A541-4667A56B35E2_zpsr4zadjr2

Last edited by Mike54 on Sun May 10, 2015 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add the pic of the nuggies from jase's new patch.)

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sun May 10, 2015 8:06 pm

UTBN wrote:Haha how's this! Yesterday I decided I'd have an easy day to try and rest up. Digging this many holes in a short time is not easy. I ended up going for a late walk in new country. Bang! Patch. Virgin patch too. Got 21 nuggets then today another 48.

Leave some for the rest of us. By the time I get there in 2016, you will have cleaned the place out.

Good to see that you are finding lots.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 10, 2015 8:18 pm

pablop wrote:
UTBN wrote:Haha how's this! Yesterday I decided I'd have an easy day to try and rest up. Digging this many holes in a short time is not easy. I ended up going for a late walk in new country. Bang! Patch. Virgin patch too. Got 21 nuggets then today another 48.

Leave some for the rest of us.  By the time I get there in 2016, you will have cleaned the place out.

Good to see that you are finding lots.
Mate I'm just absolutely stuffed. I'm doubting I'll do a full season.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Well the gold keeps going off like the pinkies in the Cockburn sound during season. Another 39 today so the run of this patch continues. No major size bits but I'm happy. The patch has split into two runs with nothing in the middle. So I'll follow one and complete the other side later. Tight lines all

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon May 11, 2015 9:50 pm

G'day Jase

A question of interest. You wouldn't happen to know,how many hrs run time the GPZ WM 12 Modem gets,off a full charge,as compared to the GPZ Battery?

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2015 9:12 am

G'day Kon, so far mate I haven't flattened the modules battery yet so it does outlast zeds battery. I've managed to break a part in module too. It sounds like the speaker has come loose inside so I'm now plugged into module with headsets.

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue May 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Yep & thanks for the reply Jase. Looks like not to many here,have taken it to its last kicks Laughing We'll soon know,for I'll be testing its overall hourly run time/use-age,myself over the weekend.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Tue May 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi Kon,
Like the others here, I have noticed that the wm12 outlasts the main z battery by a fair amount of time
; thus far I have not managed to max out either battery, got into the orange band on the Z once after a big day and a few hours of night detecting.
Recently released on the market is a lithium based battery pack called a PowerAll weighs just 640 grams and small enough to slip into an average trouser pocket.
The battery is rated at 12Ah and has two USB ports; if you were worried about maxing out either of the Z batteries the PowerAll could be a practical work around; the same battery is designed to jump-start vehicles but has many other uses.
Cheers AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue May 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Cheers for the update there AUoptimist. Yeh,I was more curious in finding out if we could run-down say,a second GPZ Battery,before needing to recharge the WM 12 Modem?

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:35 am

G'day All,

Here is Jase's last pic he sent, his total finds after 4 weeks. Thanks again Jase for sharing your inspiring and great finds with us All.  

Gpz is 10/10 - Page 2 3ACF8AC3-9176-461C-AEA6-C532DB32FB1E_zps4qtfuwpd

Cheers. All

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:57 am

Congrats again on your finds, Q38
And also for sharing with us all. Q15
that's one pretty pile of gold
You sure dug a lot of holes affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 am

Thanks guys and I'm in no doubt you both will do very well here too. If anyone is interested I'm still going well. On the gold that is but not so good on the feet. I put a post somewhere on Facebook saying zed is killing it for me but is also killing me ha. I'm going to try and pace myself from now on to last out the season. I am very fortunate as I do have some good knowledge of the goldfields that helps me to get the gold. I know that some people are taking offence to what I'm getting but I work very hard for it and I do think it's gold hard earnt. Hopefully the area I'm in finally cuts out and I'm back on the road as a change of scenery is welcome. But the prob is every time I think I'm nearly done more gold comes out. In regards to the Virgin patch. I worked that until it snaked it's way to a large creek system. I was meant to go in that creek but I hate creeks and didn't bother with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Fri May 15, 2015 9:32 am

Have you got those hand blisters under control, as you sure have been working it hard? I carry gloves for nasty hole contents, but haven't used them yet, but they may help you with the digging, since the Z isn't digging the holes.

One thing that came to mind was what is the typical and deepest that you are finding the nugs?
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 9:59 am

Hey jase, that's a nice collection mate, you deserve every one of these nuggets, thanks for you inspiring posts.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Fri May 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Nice lot of gold there Jason.
Look after your leg.
Cheers spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Gpz is 10/10 - Page 2 Empty -gpz-is-10-10

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Hey UTBN, nice pile of gold there bud well done Smile bit hard to judge by the pic, but what do you reckon would be the average size of the nuggets 1 gram 2? 3? All the best for the rest of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Hello thanks guys. Well bad day today 3 nuggets only so it's time to move on and further north. But what a cracker spot. Not a lot of signs of detectorists here for some reason. The ground is right, there are dryblowing a in the area and obviously some gold about. It goes to show that although I'm doing well with zed o still hit that accidental patch. Which yielded just a couple ozs btw. It was a small Virgin patch with sunbakers and nuggies down approx 12 inches.
Hello bloodgold2 yeah ha I'm secretive with it i dunno why I just am. Ha prolly because if I told anyone and what normally happens is I blow all the gold on pretty good times and then I end up hitting the sister for a loan to start the season haha I cop it off her every year, 'where's it gone,, what did you do with it all' I cop it badly off her that's no joke.
But anyway that pic of gold I couldnt fit it in my one hand anymore. I do have more cleaning and the crappy specimens. I hate them. It's more work. I dunno the average size to be honest but a common day has been half oz.
hey guys if anyone here knows shhhhhh don't tell her NOTHING HAHA

Back to top Go down

Gpz is 10/10 - Page 2 Empty -gpz-is-10-10

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2015 3:23 pm

UTBN wrote:Hello thanks guys. Well bad day today 3 nuggets only so it's time to move on and further north. But what a cracker spot. Not a lot of signs of detectorists here for some reason. The ground is right, there are dryblowing a in the area and obviously some gold about. It goes to show that although I'm doing well with zed o still hit that accidental patch. Which yielded just a couple ozs btw. It was a small Virgin patch with sunbakers and nuggies down approx 12 inches.
Hello bloodgold2 yeah ha I'm secretive with it i dunno why I just am. Ha prolly because if I told anyone and what normally happens is I blow all the gold on pretty good times and then I end up hitting the sister for a loan to start the season haha I cop it off her every year, 'where's it gone,, what did you do with it all' I cop it badly off her that's no joke.
But anyway that pic of gold I couldnt fit it in my one hand anymore. I do have more cleaning and the crappy specimens. I hate them. It's more work. I dunno the average size to be honest but a common day has been half oz.
hey guys if anyone here knows shhhhhh don't tell her NOTHING HAHA
lol! fair enough UBTN, we all have our kryptonite, by the sounds yours is the sister lol! A handfull of gold is impressive, well done Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2015 10:08 am

Thought I'd share something with you, I dunno why but I will. I travelled several hundred kms to a spot where I picked up heavy numbers of small nuggets in the past with the 5. A rich little area.
After setting up camp next morning I began to detect. Within 1 minute a soft target response and obviously a deep small nugget. Bewdy good start.
Before I get the chain I thought I'd wander around and see how many targets. Over the next hour plus I got one. That was it. Now that was a surprise. I detected elsewhere for the duration of the day and picked up a number of tiny nuggets in another area.
But anyway the zed is mortal ok I wasn't fussed to be honest but it shows that the gold has to be there for zed to succeed. Tight lines hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Zed became angry today my friends. I was punished for some reason and was made to dig 39 holes in terrible ground. As further punishment the gold was the smallest I have recovered. On this very rare occasion I shall reveal weight. The reason being is the amazing ability of zed. 39 for 11.50

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Mon May 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Jase, looks like you have found a patch that many would love to see, but because you last site was great, it rankles a bit to only find such small stuff.

Leave a bit for the rest of use ....please.

pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2015 8:14 am

pablop wrote:Jase, looks like you have found a patch that many would love to see, but because you last site was great, it rankles a bit to only find such small stuff.

Leave a bit for the rest of use ....please.

G'day mate nah no patch mate just the scraps left over. Would've loved to have seen this place here untouched.
Haha I'll save some for you mate and only you. Because you seem a reasonable fellow.

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Tue May 19, 2015 9:37 am

Hey jase your good mate Roy been trying to get in touch with you
Cheers blue

blue
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Ladies and gentleman. Utbn (jase) has an announcement. Today a record has fallen. 52 nuggets in a day. I'm lapping this up like a kitten taking its milk from a saucepan.

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Wed May 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Jeez Jase 52 nuggets in 1 day that z is running hot. Q21

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: