Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gpz is 10/10

+24
akko
slimpickens
Hoffs Gold
Troopy
hugh62
martinjsto
Redfin
chris68
blue
spinna
AUoptimist
pablop
vasilis
tricky 1
Tributer
Toysandthings
goldquest
Jay Gold
Qld Sandy
kon61
Hermann
Wantmoregold
goldstrijk
artrix
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gpz is 10/10 - Page 3 Empty Re: Gpz is 10/10

Post  vasilis Wed May 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Awesome stuff Jason. Keep it coming. When we met you we knew you where going to run wild with your finds and this proves your hard work.
cheers Bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2015 8:02 pm

vasilis wrote:Awesome stuff Jason. Keep it coming. When we met you we knew you where going to run wild with your finds and this proves your hard work.
cheers Bill
Thanks heaps Bill really appreciate that. I'm def working hard for it but rewards are there for doing so. I got a few fellas out with me and they're all onto the gold too.
Bill get back over one season mate. And hope you aren't still following the bombers.

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Wed May 20, 2015 9:14 pm

You deserve all you get Jason. I know the ground work you put in over the years and you deserve every nuggets you get. We were out for a few days getting to know and love the GPZ but finding the ground will be the next journey. Mate, would love to be over there and I am itchy to hit the road but the van may only get me half way or after today may be up the road to the mechanic.
Stay well bro and all the best to ya. Will make an effort to catch up again.
Cheers Bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Thu May 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Hey jase with all that gold you find I hope you have up graded your foot wear the last time you were doing 8 to 10 hours in a pair of thongs Very Happy
Cheers blue

blue
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Haha blue. Watch me vid mate I got new boots this year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 22, 2015 6:31 pm

A new record set. 58 tiny bits. Monies money but so I'm happy. I used high yield/normal today and love the power.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Fri May 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Much chatter on normal over there?
I tried to use it in the GT and sounded like a deranged magpie even tho I dropped sensitivity down heaps.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Redfin wrote:Much chatter on normal over there?
I tried to use it in the GT and sounded like a deranged magpie even tho I dropped sensitivity down heaps.
G'day Redfin,
I only use it if ground allows it. So generally it's been in Quartz ground only which is mostly dead quiet. Prolly gone through around 5 areas so far with that combo and is a killer. Not even a hot rock to be had. The area I'm hitting now has large Quartz rubble in the way and has seen detectors but normal ground type is reaching what's left. Shame it's quite shallow ground in this spot however.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sat May 23, 2015 9:42 am

Ta for that, looking at some yank videos 'normal' appears to achieve much greater sensitivity / depth.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  martinjsto Sun May 24, 2015 1:22 am

here are the rest of the vids, sorry about the sound quality with the sadie comparison, bloody wind, but i can assure you with the 7k the target was clear but unless we removed the rocks you couldn't pick it from the hot rocks or ground noise with the sadie coil on the 5k.
cheers
Martin

martinjsto
martinjsto
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 24, 2015 7:30 pm

The record has fallen. 100 nuggets in one day. Witnessed by forum member troopy

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Sun May 24, 2015 8:32 pm

by martinjsto on Sun May 24, 2015 12:52 am

here are the rest of the vids, sorry about the sound quality with the sadie comparison, bloody wind, but i can assure you with the 7k the target was clear but unless we removed the rocks you couldn't pick it from the hot rocks or ground noise with the sadie coil on the 5k.
cheers
Martin

Martin thanks very much for putting that up ,much appreciated . Would of been good to hear the sadie comparison .Whilst I don't doubt the 7000's ability for one second ,nor am implying in any way your ability with the 5000 ,studying the ground there on the video , was surprised VISUALLY any way that it appeared near identical to the ground I currently detect on with the 5000 , and appeared to be shallow targets ,was wondering if you have you tried using a small DD coil ? Just curious that's all .
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  martinjsto Sun May 24, 2015 11:24 pm

hi hugh62, i did try my 11 inch DD coil but didnt get ant better results. the small gold was relatively deep at around 4 to 6 inches down then add for the rocks. i did move the rocks in another area where i found some bigger bits spending half a day doing it then detected with the sadie but still got no gold so i went back to the using the sadie under and around the stumps of nasty bushes and bingo. all my gold was 0.4 to 1.4 grams but most of the many bits bar a few recovered by the 7K was around 0.1 grams.
cheers
martinjsto
martinjsto
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Troopy Thu May 28, 2015 3:44 pm

UTBN wrote:The record has fallen. 100 nuggets in one day. Witnessed by forum member troopy

Yep a great effort, Jase even lost an hour before lunch when some visitors dropped by, we both pain stakingly counted 93 nuggets, i had to walk back to camp to get the camera to video the moment the century was cracked and by the time i got back he had pinged 99 and was retrieving it.

I spent just over a week camped with Jase, we planned to meet up a couple of months ago and initially he was going to be showing me the in's and out's on the 5000 but iv'e since bought a 7000 so he got me up to speed on settings etc with that instead, very generous with his time and a great cook to boot, i really enjoyed the upbeat atmosphere, he puts in the hard yards everyday and just doesn't stop, an absolute machine and deserves the spoils.

BUT then we get to the ugly side of gold and prospecting, he is constantly be badgered from people from things like people looking for advice on settings which isn't too bad too people wanting to leach area's off him or put them on the gold, some of the stories and the characters if you could call them that he has met left me shaking my head in disbelief, he has taken different people to area's in the past and they go back later and clean them out, one particular guy i met, if he ever comes near one of my camps he will be going out quicker than he came in because i don't tolerate people suffering from the fever, in fact i despise them, greedy shite bags that are two faced aren't welcome around me.

Troopy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Thu May 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Well said Troopy, gold does funny things to some people. T29

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 30, 2015 6:47 pm

UTBN wrote:The record has fallen. 100 nuggets in one day. Witnessed by forum member troopy

I've got a way to go to break your record Jase, I broke my record for the 7000 today I got 12 nuggets or more like small bits of gold. Before that with the 7000 I could only manage 10 for the day. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:53 am

davsgold wrote:

I've got a way to go to break your record Jase, I broke my record for the 7000 today I got 12 nuggets or more like small bits of gold.  Before that with the 7000 I could only manage 10 for the day. Very Happy

cheers dave
Cmon Dave lift your game mate haha.
I've passed 1000 individual bits now well and truly. So to commemorate the occasion I hereby declare that this coming weekend is a holiday for all monday to Friday workers. Also parents, give the kids the weekend off school. Shift workers, sorry as you were. No probs guys no need to thank.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:34 am

UTBN wrote: I've passed 1000 individual bits now well and truly. So to commemorate the occasion I hereby declare that this coming weekend is a holiday for all monday to Friday workers. Also parents, give the kids the weekend off school. Shift workers, sorry as you were. No probs guys no need to thank.

Ahhh, but, I insist! Thank you Jason, from the bottom of my heart. Laughing

Ps, your on fire, great stuff!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:12 am

slimpickens wrote:
UTBN wrote: I've passed 1000 individual bits now well and truly. So to commemorate the occasion I hereby declare that this coming weekend is a holiday for all monday to Friday workers. Also parents, give the kids the weekend off school. Shift workers, sorry as you were. No probs guys no need to thank.

Ahhh, but, I insist! Thank you Jason, from the bottom of my heart. Laughing

Ps, your on fire, great stuff!
Haha cheers mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:08 pm

I had a record breaking day today, well my record not Jases' the zed got 22 nuggets and 1 specie for a bit over 6 grams today. Not quite the glory days of the 4500, but that was then and this is now. Very Happy

The zed seems to grow on you with more use, well I think it's me getting used to it. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:06 am

I loved reading this post UTBN all five times haha, It's great to see all your hard work pays off mate and I hope you push that daily nugget record up to 200 soon.
I don't understand why people get all shirty about the gold others find! You're out there busting your guts, I hope you don't leave a single nugget for them wankers. All the best. T06
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Hoffs Gold wrote:I loved reading this post UTBN all five times haha, It's great to see all your hard work pays off mate and I hope you push that daily nugget record up to 200 soon.
I don't understand why people get all shirty about the gold others find! You're out there busting your guts, I hope you don't leave a single nugget for them wankers. All the best. T06    
Mate what an awesome comment, thank you.
Ahhhhh I love it but. It's like say, the west coast Eagles play Essendon at the MCG, the Eagles flog that side senseless, what happens during the game is the home crowd goes silent with the odd ***** yelling some abuse. Silence my friends is victory.
Mate whoever you are You have inspired me to continue all the way throught to December non stop. I intend to massacre the goldfields in a way thats never been done.
My goal is set. My goal is 5000 individual bits of gold. I will bust a gut achieving it.

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:06 pm

Good on you, mate Q38
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Troopy Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:59 pm

I just did another stint with UTBN, i would be very surprised considering the length of his trip now and the fact that he detects everyday/all day that there there is anyone out there that would have the same amount of time behind the 7000 fullstop, what i saw on the last trip really left me pondering how i apply myself to finding gold versus what i see from UTBN.

Jase came back to camp one day and said he found a small run of gold approx 3 km's away as the crow flies, i went out with him and it was almost a case of are we there yet, are we there yet as we crossed open valleys, bashed through thick creek systems and we still had to detect that day, i estimate it was probably at least 4-4.5km away and he has the hide to detect all the way back as well, i am not ashamed to say i was stuffed by the end of the day and the next time he told me he found a run approximately the same distance away i declined the offer to join him because i knew what i was in for, some day's saw him getting back just on dark, he puts in big hours and it's still hot here in the Pilbara so it's not easy detecting especially in the terrain we were in, i can only look back with admiration at the effort he puts in each and every day and i know first hand he deserves every bit of gold he finds.

Troopy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Haha Any time mate glad I could give you a boost, being a Victorian Eagles fan that lives in NSW I loved your analogy and totally understand. If you ever want to leave WA to chase the elusive NSW colour let me know? Q34 hahahah I'm funny I don't think the grass is greener on this side of Oz. I'm still saving for my detector but injoying putting others on to nuggets we all need mates like that! Anyway I hope the gold keeps flowing for ya and I hope you jag a big slug at some point also. Clinton T06
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Today out with the Zed was a pleasant experience, I got on some ground that seems to suit it nicely, and there was some gold there as well, 25 nuggets in fact.

I was able to run the zed in auto tracking all day, (except went to manual when digging a target) then back to auto, not been able to do this on a lot of ground before today.

Still used the ferrite at the start, and every now and then if it started to get a bit warbly, I jut put the ferrite down and if it gave a signal, used the quick track button over it and it settled it down very well.

Settings were High Yield and Difficult, sensitivity 12 and smoothing Off, excellent response to targets (gold) from 0.1g up to 1 gram in size

The missus said at the end of the day, " I never heard you swear at the detector once today", I just smiled Very Happy and said yes it is going well today. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Car broke down in Nullagine:( and had to drive to Newman with a rear axle not in the car Sad
But my friends I sold some gold I'm back on the road and racing for kal. Ahhh time for a weeks rest and chase those dirty girls. Yesssssssss

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:26 pm

UTBN wrote: Ahhh time for a weeks rest and chase those dirty girls. Yesssssssss

Are ya gunna try and set some kinda record like ya did with the nuggies? Q35
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:33 am

slimpickens wrote:
UTBN wrote:  Ahhh time for a weeks rest and chase those dirty girls. Yesssssssss

Are ya gunna try and set some kinda record like ya did with the nuggies?  Q35
Hahahaha mate that gave me a good laugh. Sadly I did set a new record. But I'll keep quiet bout that one.
On a side note it appears minelab won't take my word that my module is stuffed and I'm to send it in first before it gets fixed. my screen also developed a crack in last few weeks out bush. I first saw it after taking it out the troopy to begin a days detect. A vertical hairline crack at first, now it's quite wide.
Also when is minelab bringing out a big coil? Carn minelab I don't like being irritated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:35 am

Hoffs Gold wrote:Haha Any time mate glad I could give you a boost, being a Victorian Eagles fan that lives in NSW I loved your analogy and totally understand. If you ever want to leave WA to chase the elusive NSW colour let me know?   Q34 hahahah I'm funny I don't think the grass is greener on this side of Oz. I'm still saving for my detector but injoying putting others on to nuggets we all need mates like that! Anyway I hope the gold keeps flowing for ya and I hope you jag a big slug at some point also. Clinton T06
Mate that is a very kind offer. I may well take you up on that.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum