Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulling down old mullock heaps

2 posters

Go down

Pulling down old mullock heaps Empty Pulling down old mullock heaps

Post  paulf Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Are you allowed to pull down old mullock heaps and mine tailing dumps by hand tools.
Paul

paulf
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Pulling down old mullock heaps Empty Re: Pulling down old mullock heaps

Post  Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:29 pm

not if they have been registered as historically Pulling down old mullock heaps Affraid important

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 am

Just if you see puddling machines and remains of buildings leave them be, the mulluck heaps are up to you, if you remove the dirt and then place it back where you found it i couldnt see a problem, most of Victoria's gold fields where gazetted in the 90's for historical places and any with historical importance that wasnt already bulldozed was marked as say Moliagul historic reserve etc, ive read the reports of what they where interested in and what they didnt care about, most the good leads have had leases on them and believe me theres no signs of the old timers workings after the dozers have been through, if you want to re treat some mulluck heaps go for it, sluice away, i always think of what the old timers had to do, they spent maybe 1/3 of there time digging and the rest humping the wash dirt down to a water source then having to wash the stuff must have been very time consuming. Good luck.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:46 am

Some heaps have been classified as important to the history of a particular mine and are not to be touched but in general i dont think the small heaps are a worry

Back to top Go down

Post  paulf Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks for that, much appreciated
Paul

paulf
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down