Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zed mission.

+40
bowy
Canned Heat
Jay Gold
Jonathan Porter
Reno Chris
pablop
Troopy
Martin R
gullyhunter
G.B.
Alan WA
GoldHound
Gold Miner
MS
goldenhero
Mechanic
boobook
AraratGold
chris68
Gldseeker
GoldenGus
tricky 1
welcome stranger
CostasDee
yellowfin
deutran
kon61
matelot
Swinger
Cadian
slicknick
bubbazoo
goldchaser
thegoldman24
determined1
slimpickens
rc62burke
Inhere
Digginerup
TutC
44 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Zed mission. - Page 3 Empty The Zed mission.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hi Dave & Tremain

We watched the first 25 minutes of the vid. Have to be careful how much data we use Crying or Very sad Bugger!

It's a learning curve hey?

What my two found, in between changing the settings, was to auto tune, and re-ground balance again
Also they run in the (gold mode : general ) still finding small pellets, rust, gold in this mode.
But like you say Tremain depends on the ground type.  There's a lot of variables.

What they also found, is that after the machines had been running for a good 20 minutes they started to settle down and ran smoother. ( JP also states it takes about 20 minutes to warm up ) can't remember where I read it, so I hope I am right.
So there is still a lot to learn.
I have a feeling you guys will really start to like this machine, after putting it through it's paces

It's a love, hate, love, hate, machine  Laughing  Until you get to know it better.   T10  bit like any relationship Laughing

Thankyou guys for going to all the trouble that you did..
 Boy you two sure took us for a great bush bash ride affraid Awesome country side 
Mike said he would have loved to see you float the bikes across..Laughing

T01  Nikki.
Hi Jen, sorry mate i said i was going to make them smaller, well i did actually a little bit Smile least Nicki was able to add i pads to it this time around Very Happy I get what you mean about warm up and auto tune and rebalance, spose on the vid it just shows us stopping and starting which we did have to do alot, but that was over 2 days compacted down into 80 minutes.The tube section was the bloody 40 odd minute black section on the vid along with a few other black film sections Sad we are looking into new cameras now, bugger go pro. When we were up that way 5 years ago run across a old bloke fishing a couple of km's down stream, we pulled up for a yak and he told us the reason he fished that hole was because he spotted a 14 foot saltwater croc in there affraid So in his thinking it had to have good barra in the hole Smile

Last edited by bloodgold2 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:05 pm

yellowfin wrote:Another great video guys, thanks very much for going to the trouble of sharing it with us all.
Not helping me get up and go to work in the morning thought, I just want to head bush V02
Thanks Yellowfin Smile yeah mate it becomes addictive thats for sure Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:14 pm

welcome stranger wrote:Another informative video Great work and Thanks
bloodgold2, Tremain and Nikki
Trevor
Thanks Welcome stranger Smile Nicki might chill abit after reading all the thanks for her effort Smile bloody cost me a foot massage for her last night!!! See Slim the things i have to do to give you members something to watch!!! lol!

Last edited by bloodgold2 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Zed mission. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Zed mission.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks Dave, Tremain & Nicki,

For another great Vid and no need for apologies there Dave.
We Appreciate all your good work and for sharing with the forum members.

I was told today by a very reliable person about ground balancing the GPZ7000. They said while operating with it in the auto mode to try and not to over use the quick track button, as this will upset the processor in the unit. If this happens you will have to do a full reset of the machine and start from scratch again. What he said was the machine analyses the ground as you are swinging the machine in that particular area and when you start using the quick track button too much the machine will start trying to reanalyse itself and become mixed up in its processing. This is all pretty high tech stuff for me, but I do understand where he was coming from. Apparently when this starts to happen when you do over use the quick track button in this situation he said the machine could possibly ground balance out a weak target signal. So some food for thought for all the GPZ7000 users.

I like to thank Andrew from Coiltek Gold Centre Maryborough for this very important information that he has passed to me.

I hope this helps everyone out there that has taken this on board.

Cheers All Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Thanks Dave, Tremain & Nicki, I just finished watching the video, great effort by you all again, I know it's relatively difficult in the early stages using the 7000 to do what you have done, your comparing multiple years of 5000 and a few days of 7000 but I must say you have done it well, and have done both machines justice.

Summer up there is no fun with EMI and a 5000 that's for sure and the 7000 handles that much better, same as what I notice down here.

It will be very interesting to hear what you blokes think about the new machine after the season gets into full swing and have been using it a lot more.

Thanks again for the effort put in by you all, it's much appreciated.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Mike54 wrote:Thanks Dave, Tremain & Nicki,

For another great Vid and no need for apologies there Dave.
We Appreciate all your good work and for sharing with the forum members.  

I was told today by a very reliable person about ground balancing the GPZ7000.  They said while operating with it in the auto mode to try and not to over use the quick track button, as this will upset the processor in the unit.  If this happens you will have to do a full reset of the machine and start from scratch again. What he said was the machine analyses the ground as you are swinging the machine in that particular area and when you start using the quick track button too much the machine will start trying to reanalyse itself and become mixed up in its processing. This is all pretty high tech stuff for me, but I do understand where he was coming from. Apparently when this starts to happen when you do over use the quick track button in this situation he said the machine could possibly ground balance out a weak target signal. So some food for thought for all the GPZ7000 users.  

I like to thank Andrew from Coiltek Gold Centre Maryborough for this very important information that he has passed to me.  

I hope this helps everyone out there that has taken this on board.

Cheers  All   Mike.  
Hi Mike, thanks bud Smile yeah right, that's interesting about the ground balancing, will pass that on. By the sounds of Jen's post your working it out, I personally think there is certain goldfields that this machine will work better on than others.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:10 pm

davsgold wrote:Thanks Dave, Tremain & Nicki, I just finished watching the video, great effort by you all again, I know it's relatively difficult in the early stages using the 7000 to do what you have done, your comparing multiple years of 5000 and a few days of 7000 but I must say you have done it well, and have done both machines justice.

Summer up there is no fun with EMI and a 5000 that's for sure and the 7000 handles that much better, same as what I notice down here.

It will be very interesting to hear what you blokes think about the new machine after the season gets into full swing and have been using it a lot more.

Thanks again for the effort put in by you all, it's much appreciated.

cheers dave

Thanks Dave Smile Yep you are right mate we are probably 2 weeks behind you guys that got in high on the list Smile And yes it is hard to compare against a machine that you know so well, but we did our best with the time we had. Yeah it will be very interesting when we get the full crew back together Smile as i will still be swinging the 5k this season, hopefully the extra weight they will have to swing might work in my favour lol! No doubt about it there will be some very good comparisions coming up Smile Hopefully we can get some on vid Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:42 pm

Good job on the vid guys!

I'm so itchy to get back out that I have scratched off all of my skin lol!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  tricky 1 Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:56 pm

Great video guys. when you get to a patch where the gold is fine and scattered through the quartz the 7000 will come into its own and at surprising depths.
tricky 1
tricky 1
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Hey Dave,

That 5000 you have there must be a good one Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadian Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks guys, Q38 a great video,you certainly put in a lot of time and  hardships to make the video. I certainly appreciate  you work guys. I am sorry guys I could not hang on and had to pee my pants but it was worth the wait.Once again guys a great effect. Q21
Cheers Dave. Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:54 pm

GoldHound wrote:Good job on the vid guys!

I'm so itchy to get back out that I have scratched off all of my skin lol!  
Hey bud, thanks mate Smile I bet your keen to go Very Happy Not missing much now mate, it is bucketing down!! Aparrently another cyclone on the way Sad lucky we scraped that test in when we did.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenGus Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Watched it today mate.....2 words.....Massive effort cheers
You blokes went out of your way to do some testing,and I even though i dont own a Zed,still loved every minute of it. Cool
GoldenGus
GoldenGus
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2014-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:06 pm

tricky 1 wrote:Great video guys. when you get to a patch where the gold is fine and scattered through the quartz the 7000 will come into its own and at surprising depths.
Hi tricky 1, thanks mate Smile yeah sounds good, we have a few spots like that  come to mind, though the spot we were at the other day we had picked up very porous gold on our first run along time ago thats another part of the vid that did not turn out Sad  only picked up 1 speck of porous gold, about .3 of a gram that Tremain lost lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:08 pm

lenoil wrote:Hey Dave,

That 5000 you have there must be a good one Wink
Hi lenoil, yeah bud the previous owner looked after it well Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Cadian wrote:Thanks guys, Q38 a great video,you certainly put in a lot of time and  hardships to make the video. I certainly appreciate  you work guys. I am sorry guys I could not hang on and had to pee my pants but it was worth the wait.Once again guys a great effect. Q21
Cheers Dave. Q39
Hi Cadian, glad you guys and girls appreciate the effort Very Happy Makes it all worthwhile Smile cause yeah we busted our butts to make that happen, and I hate eating meat out of a tin! lol! must be getting fussier as i get older Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:19 pm

GoldenGus wrote:Watched it today mate.....2 words.....Massive effort cheers
You blokes went out of your way to do some testing,and I even though i dont own a Zed,still loved every minute of it. Cool
Hey bud long time no hear? Hope all ok at your end Smile Thanks mate Very Happy yeah i don't own one neither bud, let's see what unfolds Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gldseeker Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Awesome video! Thank you!

Gldseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Thanks guys for taking the time to make another video, it was great Q32 Q27

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi Gldseeker and Chris68 thanks for the replies guys Very Happy hope it has helped some members no matter how small, if you can take something out of the vid and apply it yourself then it makes it worthwhile Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Just finished watching your vid guys.
Bloody well done to the lot of you, some tough country up there !

Cheers,
Rick and Kaye
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Hey BG I simply feel compelled to make a comment about your efforts.
Me... an aging busted arse opal mine with a slightly more than passing interest in gold detecting.
Have a 4500, it finds me enough to keep me interested but there is no way I would be investing those $$$'s in the new technology.

But any new gadget like this Z7000 stimulates an interest in me, particularly when the manufacturer makes such bold claims.
Minelab obviously had to utilise field testers to support the various claims but geez, where are they when some down to earth legitimate questions are asked. One spruiked confidentiality requirements, for Gods sake its not a secret weapon.
But maybe it is.

Which brings me to my comment, I watched with great interest your first vid. and just now finished watching the last one.
Not only have you invested in the new Z7000, taken it to some remote bush location, carried out a very critical and objective comparison between it and the 5000 then come up with a very informative vid. made in quite tough conditions.

But what tops it off for me is that you have objectively and thoughtfully answered each and every question put to you on this thread.
My hats off to you blokes, salt of the earth and bloody good onya.
mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 pm

AraratGold wrote:Just finished watching your vid guys.
Bloody well done to the lot of you, some tough country up there !

Cheers,
Rick and Kaye
Hi AraratGold, thanks mate Smile Yep I agree, It's tough country but we love playing modern day pioneer lol! We found one spot awhile back that was a township in the green book that nobody had run across! I mean it was like they had just left to the next rush, coins laying on top of the ground old gold dishes rusted out and yeah the most important gold everywhere Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:06 pm

boobook wrote:Hey BG I simply feel compelled to make a comment about your efforts.
Me... an aging busted arse opal mine with a slightly more than passing interest in gold detecting.
Have a 4500, it finds me enough to keep me interested but there is no way I would be investing those $$$'s in the new technology.

But any new gadget like this Z7000 stimulates an interest in me, particularly when the manufacturer makes such bold claims.
Minelab obviously had to utilise field testers to support the various claims but geez, where are they when some down to earth legitimate  questions are asked. One spruiked confidentiality requirements, for Gods sake its not a secret weapon.
But maybe it is.

Which brings me to my comment, I watched with great interest your first vid. and just now finished watching the last one.
Not only have you invested in the new Z7000, taken it to some remote bush location, carried out a very critical and objective comparison between it and the 5000 then come up with a very informative vid. made in quite tough conditions.

But what tops it off for me is that you have objectively and thoughtfully answered each and every question put to you on this thread.
My hats off to you blokes, salt of the earth and bloody good onya.
mike
Hi boobook, Embarassed thanks mate Very Happy Well we will keep you all updated that are interested in our endeavours and zed updates copping heaps of rain off this cyclone so yeah might be awhile before we can get around to much. Thanks again mate, have alot of time for you older prospectors/ miners, reminds me of my old man. Smile Take care bud.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Great vid yet again Guys!!
Good stuff!!
About 30 mins in, you get a target in a drain and another in the wall/bank, you find the one in the bottom is ground noise....was the wall signal mineralisation too???

I'm also wondering about some targets just not being heard with some settings (Compared to the 5k)

I look forward to your and Maniac's continued reports. (I know that they are unbiassed and true-blue!!)
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:29 pm

Gold Miner wrote:Great vid yet again Guys!!
Good stuff!!
About 30 mins in, you get a target in a drain and another in the wall/bank, you find the one in the bottom is ground noise....was the wall signal mineralisation too???

I'm also wondering about some targets just not being heard with some settings (Compared to the 5k)

I look forward to your and Maniac's continued reports.  (I know that they are unbiassed and true-blue!!)
Hi GM,mate the one in the wall/bank was gold that was missed by the 5k running in normal, if you look close on the pics of the 3 specks that the 5k missed you will notice abit of red spray paint on one of them, it must have been on it's edge? But i only change into fine gold settings when the bottom is showing and i know the ground is shallow, other than that if the ground type permits I run in normal for better depth hoping to snag deeper gold in crevases that are down deep.As I would do with a creek or gully bank also, miss specks? maybe, get slugs yep Smile Mate not sure what you mean about some targets not being heard, if you can give a time frame on the vid I will answer as best I can no probs Smile No secrets with us bud other than our spots :)Sorry mate forgot to say thanks for the review Very Happy Was to busy trying to answer your questions Smile

Last edited by bloodgold2 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  gullyhunter Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi guys and gal !!!
Finally got the chance to sit and watch your latest edition , absolute massive effort and hats off to ya`s ... T25
I too am in the early stages of " becoming as one " with the Zed and spending a lot time just listening to what she is saying , patience and perserverance is one of the principles I go by .
That's some wicked looking territory you guys have up there and a huge thanks for sharing your experiences ... bloody fantastic !!!!!!
Good luck to you and the team on all your future adventures ... T06

gullyhunter
gullyhunter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:11 pm

gullyhunter wrote:Hi guys and gal !!!
Finally got the chance to sit and watch your latest edition , absolute massive effort and hats off to ya`s  ... T25
I too am in the early stages of " becoming as one " with the Zed and spending a lot time just listening to what she is saying , patience and perserverance is one of the principles I go by .
That's some wicked looking territory you guys have up there and a huge thanks for sharing your experiences ... bloody fantastic !!!!!!
Good luck to you and the team on all your future adventures ... T06

Hi GH, thanks mate, yep tough country for sure Smile I spose we take it as normal for us as we were both raised in the bush so it is just nothing out of the ordinary to us.Tubing bikes ect was not the first time and don't think it will be the last Smile It might look like we are care free, but mate we have been through nearly everthing the bush can throw at us over the years from saltwater crocs, snakes and spiders of all descriptions floods, vehicles bogged to the eye balls, fires ect the list goes on Smile Thanks for the well wishes for future adventures Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi Dave & Tremain

Excellent, thanks for taking the time to do those tests and record them for us all to see. Job well done!

Slim, an oxy torch will speed up the warm up time dramatically! Razz

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi guys , thanks for the Big effort , informative and entertaining video , used up my remaining monthly data but well worth it , I'm sure the next big one is just around the next bend ..cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next