Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zed mission.

+40
bowy
Canned Heat
Jay Gold
Jonathan Porter
Reno Chris
pablop
Troopy
Martin R
gullyhunter
G.B.
Alan WA
GoldHound
Gold Miner
MS
goldenhero
Mechanic
boobook
AraratGold
chris68
Gldseeker
GoldenGus
tricky 1
welcome stranger
CostasDee
yellowfin
deutran
kon61
matelot
Swinger
Cadian
slicknick
bubbazoo
goldchaser
thegoldman24
determined1
slimpickens
rc62burke
Inhere
Digginerup
TutC
44 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Zed mission. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Zed mission.

Post  Cadian Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Thanks BG.for all your efforts also Nikki Q38 I am looking forward to the finished video, the last one was fantastic.I am that excited Q21  I am about to pee my pants Q25
Cheers Dave. Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Cadian wrote:Thanks BG.for all your efforts also Nikki Q38 I am looking forward to the finished video, the last one was fantastic.I am that excited Q21  I am about to pee my pants Q25
Cheers Dave. Q39
Hey Dave they have Adult diapers for that  lol!   lol!

Back to top Go down

The Zed mission. - Page 2 Empty The Zed mission.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:53 pm

slicknick wrote:Hi, yes the video is still uploading 39 percent. We don't have ADSL that why it's so slow. For those who know about the Dave not cooking situation well guess what he is still NOT cooking. He came home and wanted me to start editing and has not once offered to cook to free up my time for editing.Apparently he cooked Saturday for Tremain and I wouldn't have liked it from a can so I was told.
lol! bloody slick alright Very Happy a bloke goes and puts out the bin and feeds the dogs and this is what I come back to! Smile Hey Jen whats my chances of setting the alarm for Slick to press the publish button??? Hi Cadian, don't want to make it sound like our last vid as it is not that exciting, more so of our testing. Eveybody will have their own opinions but I just thought we would put up as it is for what we did, when viewing it though there was one 42 min segment that was black and another 18 min black spot. So lost abit of good footage, one gold related and one not. Sad We are changing from go pro had nothing but problems Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Hi mr and mrs BG2

T10  Like my dear old Dad always said to me.. Never get involved in a domestic squabble.

You never know what goes on behind close doors..  Q34

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Grabbett & Runn, Accountants at Large 10/3/15
666 Telemnuting Rd
Outer Tobago.

Dear Mr Bloodgold, we have been following this thread with much interest. Although we hold you in high esteem, and value you contributions in helping us maintain our life style, we also want to see the new video! So as you accountants and good friends we implore you to get out to that kitchen and start cooking for our new client Mz Slick Nick or we will be forced to take more drastic actions in pursuit of that lovely meal for Mz Nick. No there is no conflict of interest in representing both of you because..... well... you know this is Outer Tobago. We also have some of the best politicians that money can buy on our books and it would be nothing to get them to ring your Tony Abbott to investigate this further.

Yours sincerely
I.L. Grabbett
Takit N. Runn

slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hi mr and mrs BG2

T10  Like my dear old Dad always said to me.. Never get involved in a domestic squabble.

You never know what goes on behind close doors..  Q34
Q33 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:55 pm

slimpickens wrote:Grabbett & Runn, Accountants at Large                                                                           10/3/15
666 Telemnuting Rd
Outer Tobago.

Dear Mr Bloodgold, we have been following this thread with much interest. Although we hold you in high esteem, and value you contributions in helping us maintain our life style, we also want to see the new video! So as you accountants and good friends we implore you to get out to that kitchen and start cooking for our new client Mz Slick Nick or we will be forced to take more drastic actions in pursuit of that lovely meal for Mz Nick. No there is no conflict of interest in representing both of you because..... well... you know this is Outer Tobago.  We also have some of the best politicians that money can buy on our books and it would be nothing to get them to ring your Tony Abbott to investigate this further.

Yours sincerely
I.L. Grabbett
Takit N. Runn

Thanks SLIM, the pressure to cook is mounting Smile But serious for abit, I hope all enjoy the vid, we have no affilations with anything or anyone and hope it might even help 1 person will all make it worthwhile Very Happy Testing takes alot of time and time was not on our side.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:

Thanks SLIM, the pressure to cook is mounting Smile But serious for abit, I hope all enjoy the vid, we have no affilations with anything or anyone and hope it might even help 1 person  will all make it worthwhile Very Happy Testing takes alot of time and time was not on our side.

It's because of your non- affiliation with anyone, just like Mike & Jen, Cal, Kon, Goldchaser and others that we are waiting with anticipation Dave.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:59 pm

slimpickens wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:  

Thanks SLIM, the pressure to cook is mounting Smile But serious for abit, I hope all enjoy the vid, we have no affilations with anything or anyone and hope it might even help 1 person  will all make it worthwhile Very Happy Testing takes alot of time and time was not on our side.

It's because of your non- affiliation with anyone, just like Mike & Jen, Cal, Kon, Goldchaser and others that we are waiting with anticipation Dave.

Thanks Slim, yeah the vid is what it is, we do our own thing. So please all just enjoy and make your own decisions Smile Im not here to cop flack on the comparsion of the 5k v the 7k as we have no vested interest with any company.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:49 am

Hi everyone this is the link to the video. Not sure where this should go, so move it if needed

https://youtu.be/nzrHiYt4M3Y?t=1s

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks for the effort you and Tremain put in Dave. And a big thanks to Slick for the editing!
That dig at the 1:04:40 mark was very telling as far as the Zed is concerned, it does like finding those little bits at depth that are hidden from the GPX.
It will be interesting to hear yours and Tremain's thoughts on the Zed, now that you've had a chance to think back on this trip. Tremain, nice start on your learning curve on the Zed, I'm sure it can only get better, once you find out what language it's speaking in and can completely decipher it. Poor Dale must be chafing at the bit watching this! Cheers!

Ps. Pity there not hiring anyone to do some Marlboro ads, you two would be naturals. Razz

Last edited by slimpickens on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:00 am

Great vid again BG2, entertaining and educational, certainly enjoyed watching it T06
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinger Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks BG2, Tremain and Nikki,

That's another entertaining and informative video.
We are lucky to have you on this forum.

Swinger
Swinger
Swinger
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:45 am

Q33 T04 T06 Thanks guys.I know putting time into testing and comparing is neither easy and certainly time consuming,but in the long run Its what you get out of it,in way of understanding what each detector is capable of,that counts.I'm also surprised to see that different locations/ground types/targets,can at times produce drastically different results.Like Tremain said,its still in its infancy stage of learning and a whole lot more down time is required testing the new GPZ 7000,before any sound conclusion can be drawn up and made,as to its performance capabilities over that of the GPX 5000. Very informative indeed. Well Done.

Cheers Kon. T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  matelot Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:59 am

Another great video from the Goldhounds. And an honest test as well.    T10

Well done and thanks.

Regards Matelot  pirat
matelot
matelot
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:32 am

Hi Dave & Tremain

We watched the first 25 minutes of the vid. Have to be careful how much data we use Crying or Very sad Bugger!

It's a learning curve hey?

What my two found, in between changing the settings, was to auto tune, and re-ground balance again
Also they run in the (gold mode : general ) still finding small pellets, rust, gold in this mode.
But like you say Tremain depends on the ground type.  There's a lot of variables.

What they also found, is that after the machines had been running for a good 20 minutes they started to settle down and ran smoother. ( JP also states it takes about 20 minutes to warm up ) can't remember where I read it, so I hope I am right.
So there is still a lot to learn.
I have a feeling you guys will really start to like this machine, after putting it through it's paces

It's a love, hate, love, hate, machine  Laughing  Until you get to know it better.   T10  bit like any relationship Laughing

Thankyou guys for going to all the trouble that you did..
 Boy you two sure took us for a great bush bash ride affraid Awesome country side 
Mike said he would have loved to see you float the bikes across..Laughing

T01  Nikki.

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:00 pm

The 2300 was also a love hate relationship when first introduced but now has its place in the detector hall of fame,a unique piece of technology.I think the 7000 will find its sweet spot.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Over time,I have no doubt it will deutran. Where the SDC uses 4 C size batteries and an 8 inch coil,the transmit/receive power,in my opinion,is the equivalent,of a pair of "b***s the size of wall nuts",whereas the GPZ's,are in the form,of coconuts.Q35

Cheers guys, Kon.Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowfin Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Another great video guys, thanks very much for going to the trouble of sharing it with us all.
Not helping me get up and go to work in the morning thought, I just want to head bush V02

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-12-28

Back to top Go down

The Zed mission. - Page 2 Empty RE: Project Zed

Post  yellowfin Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Jen58 wrote:
What they also found, is that after the machines had been running for a good 20 minutes they started to settle down and ran smoother. ( JP also states it takes about 20 minutes to warm up ) can't remember where I read it, so I hope I am right.

Hi Jen,
I would suggest that if this machine takes 20 min’s to “Warm up” stabilise in this day and age, then the designers have serious issues.
Unless the new technology used is valve technology.
No wonder the thing is so dam heavy.  lol!

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Maybe a standby switch can be installed like on my valve amp. Rolling Eyes
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowfin Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:05 pm

deutran wrote:Maybe a standby switch can be installed like on my valve amp. Rolling Eyes

Genius Q25

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Jen58 wrote:

As we've just been through a moderate summer and we know that it takes 20 minutes to warm up, I wonder how long it will take down here in Vic with the cooler winter coming? Maybe there may be a market for knitted woollen covers for them?? By the way, if this takes off, I want royalties from whoever makes them!!!
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:20 pm

20 minutes? Where's "mechanic" when ya need him?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:25 pm

slimpickens wrote:Thanks for the effort you and Tremain put in Dave. And a big thanks to Slick for the editing!
That dig at the 1:04:40 mark was very telling as far as the Zed is concerned, it does like finding those little bits at depth that are hidden from the GPX.
It will be interesting to hear yours and Tremain's thoughts on the Zed, now that you've had a chance to think back on this trip. Tremain, nice start on your learning curve on the Zed, I'm sure it can only get better, once you find out what language it's speaking in and can completely decipher it. Poor Dale must be chafing at the bit watching this! Cheers!

Ps. Pity there not hiring anyone to do some Marlboro ads, you two would be naturals. Razz
Hi Slim, thanks mate Smile not sure which one that is, will have to have a look. My thoughts for the short time I used it was aside from the price was it was very heavy,though we did not have a bunjie on.But alot of the country we do is steep hills and gullies swinging up hills and up the side walls you will be lifting the full weight of the machine regardless wether you have a bunjie on.Mate i struggle keeping pace with the hounds as it is Smile Yeah reckon the Goldhound will be frothing at the mouth by now lol! and yeah reckon winfield red should sponser our trips lol!

Last edited by bloodgold2 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:27 pm

CostasDee wrote:Great vid again BG2, entertaining and educational, certainly enjoyed watching it T06
Hi Costa, thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Swinger wrote:Thanks BG2, Tremain and Nikki,

That's another entertaining and informative video.
We are lucky to have you on this forum.

Swinger
Thanks Swinger Smile yeah got up at 12.30 am bloody still downloading ! finally finished at 1am. Don't know about your last comment mate, think their could be a few different views on that one lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  welcome stranger Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Another informative video Great work and Thanks
bloodgold2, Tremain and Nikki
Trevor

welcome stranger
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:41 pm

kon61 wrote:Q33 T04 T06 Thanks guys.I know putting time into testing and comparing is neither easy and certainly time consuming,but in the long run Its what you get out of it,in way of understanding what each detector is capable of,that counts.I'm also surprised to see that different locations/ground types/targets,can at times produce drastically different results.Like Tremain said,its still in its infancy stage of learning and a whole lot more down time is required testing the new GPZ 7000,before any sound conclusion can be drawn up and made,as to its performance capabilities over that of the GPX 5000. Very informative indeed. Well Done.

Cheers Kon. T25
Hi Kon, thanks bud Smile that's what i was trying to get across last night, feel free to discuss anything in the vid no problem.I just hope it does not get to heated and then a locked topic as we did put in alot of effort to get it for the members to view. Smile Your right about the different ground types masking targets opened our eyes abit. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:44 pm

matelot wrote:Another great video from the Goldhounds. And an honest test as well.    T10

Well done and thanks.

Regards Matelot  pirat
Hi Matelot,thanks for the reply, there was that many other things we could have tried to compare them against each other but as you could see time was a big factor.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next