Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of machine is the GPZ?

4 posters

Go down

What type of machine is the GPZ? Empty What type of machine is the GPZ?

Post  Peteren Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Have seen conflicting info on this, is the GPZ a PI machine or something else?
Peteren
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

What type of machine is the GPZ? Empty Re: What type of machine is the GPZ?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Peteren wrote:Have seen conflicting info on this, is the GPZ a PI machine or something else?

The technical specifications in the manual call it Zero Voltage Transmission (ZVT) and don't mention PI at all nor does it mention MPS or DVT like it does in the GPX manuals

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:37 pm

ZVT.
Means "zero voltage transmission"?
So there are no probes going into the ground to transmit voltage the way it happens when those big high voltage probes are used in the rivers to zap e.carp?
Therefore it must be like all the other detectors, some volts going around the coil, RF transmissions into the ground, responses, target detected but again "zero voltage transmission".
Reminds me of when, many many moons ago as a uni student in Melbourne we were protesting about a new high voltage transmission line.
That evening we stood beneath the power lines holding up fluoro. tubes which amazingly lit with a flickering light.
Zero voltage transmission, but there sure was some energy.
The terminology seems a bit gimmicky to me.
mike
ps Thanks for your continuing appraisals Dave (& Veronica), hope you make a killing in WA this winter Very Happy

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Peteren Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 pm

boobook wrote:ZVT.
Means "zero voltage transmission"?
So there are no probes going into the ground to transmit voltage the way it happens when those big high voltage probes are used in the rivers to zap e.carp?
Therefore it must be like all the other detectors, some volts going around the coil, RF transmissions into the ground, responses, target detected but again "zero voltage transmission".
Reminds me of when, many many moons ago as a uni student in Melbourne we were protesting about a new high voltage transmission line.
That evening we stood beneath the power lines holding up fluoro. tubes which amazingly lit with a flickering light.
Zero voltage transmission, but there sure was some energy.
The terminology seems a bit gimmicky to me.
mike
ps Thanks for your continuing appraisals Dave (& Veronica), hope you make a killing in WA this winter Very Happy  

Yes, confusing at best

ZVT, what does it really mean?

Zero voltage switching is a term used in the electrical industry which simply means that circuits are switched when the sine wave is at zero volts.
This enables high current switching at a point in the wave that has zero current therefore reducing the effort required to switch large loads
Is ML simply applying spin to a system that is in use by the whole world?
Peteren
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks boobook, (Mike)

I am the first to admit I have no idea what ZVT means letalone explain it, I really don't need to know, but like you I like to tinker and find things out. Very Happy

But most of all I just want it to work and if it does then I am extra happy. Very Happy Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:43 am

I hope that ZVT it's not gonna fry our brains and what not (see labelling re children's use of this machine) Shocked
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Pixulator Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:36 am

My best guess is that ZVT is based on the bipolar tech used for a while now on the mil spec detectors .. See here bottom of page
http://www.minelab.com/aus/countermine/technology

Demonstrated in the first video also.

I doubt your brain will get fried they are required to pass all the same safety tests required by all electronic devices sold in Australia and around the world.

[edit: to the original question, yes basically a PI machine]
Pixulator
Pixulator
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-09-23

Back to top Go down