Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPad and storing KMZ files in google earth

Go down

iPad and storing KMZ files in google earth Empty iPad and storing KMZ files in google earth

Post  Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Just a quick question, I have multiple google earth overlay (KMZ) files) that I wish to permanently store (ready for use) on an iPad. Currently I have to reload 4 or 5 files separately from my emails every time I wish to view these google earth overlays on my device. Is there a definitive way to store these files on the iPad so that I only have to open google earth once with all of the overlays already displayed, in place and ready to use. Many Thanks De

Back to top Go down

iPad and storing KMZ files in google earth Empty Re: iPad and storing KMZ files in google earth

Post  Detrackozi Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:46 pm

Have you tried to load them on your home PC,,,,,,,,,,in GE and then saved them as one file and then email to your Ipad
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

iPad and storing KMZ files in google earth Empty iPad and storing KMZ files in google earth

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Great suggestion - I will give it a go (I had originally divided these files into 4-5 smaller parts on the PC for ease of use - I did not realise that they could not be permanently stored in Google Earth on an iPad/iPhone). In addition, I have made a little progress with the data files: I have been able to transfer about 1/4 of the KMZ files to Memory Map data files (iPad/iPhone .mmo formats) and another 1/4 of the KMZ files transferred to my Garmin Oregon GPS (as .gdb files) - so thay can be used off line as well. Will keep you up to date with my (somewhat slow) progress.

Kindest regards De

Back to top Go down