Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Days to go before the Bash

2 posters

Go down

6 Days to go before the Bash Empty 6 Days to go before the Bash

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:59 pm

There is now only 6 days to go before the Laanecoorie Gold Bash kicks off. So I hope you have booked your 
accommodation, and if you are planning to take up some detector training on the Saturday or Sunday that you don't forget to book. We have Mark & Ronda Hyde of Gold Prospecting Australia 0409188138. And Darren & Leanne Kamp of Gold & Relics 03-53453375. Also training on different detectors by Miners Den Bendigo over the weekend. No need to book for these.
Also anyone that may be considering of having a Car Boot Sales that you are getting your gear together.

As what has been stated earlier there will be Gold Panning competitions and a trophy at the end of the weekend. Also the gold you find is yours.

There will be static displays, lectures and some of our sponsors showing the wears.

If you have an old model Detector that you would not mind being put on display please bring it along as we are hoping to have "Detectors from the Past"

Raffle on Saturday night is starting to look good with some great donationd. Also there will be some fantastic items coming up for Sundays Auction. A list of Auction item will be dispayed a few days prior to the Bash.

We will be still having Friday night and Saturday night dinner and also it looks like there may be breakfast and lunch's  available this year. Saving you either doing the cooking yourself or going into Dunolly to get something to eat.

There is a few more minnor things may be happening but I'll let you know later.
wombat Wink

Last edited by Wombat on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:05 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

6 Days to go before the Bash Empty Re: 6 Days to go before the Bash

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:54 am

OK Boys And Girls as you can see by the heading we only now got 7 days to go before the Bash starts. The last week before the Bash we will be putting up a program for the weekend activities and also a list of items that will be Auctioned of. We will be taking prior bids this year from anyone that can not make it to the Bash but still interested in any Auction items that they would like to bid on.
Now the Caravan Park is booked out "EXCEPT" for non-powered sites. So if you still haven't booked sorry but that is all there is left.  
Cooking wise is covered this year by the Carisbrook Lions Club so no need to do your own cooking.
Don't forget those Antique detectors that you may have stashed away in your shed or cupboard. Bring them along for our history on detectors display.
Our Panning comps. will be running right though the weekend. If you have never panned before but would like to have ago here's your chance. All the gold you find is yours. There will be a trophy at the end of the comp for the best panner.
You will see new road signs out this year when you get closer to Laanecoorie, thanks to one of our sponsors Addcolour.
wombat Wink

Last edited by Wombat on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

6 Days to go before the Bash Empty -14-days-to-go-before-the-bash

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi Wombat, sounds like you have got everything sorted down that way mate Q36 well done to all. I am happy to advise that I managed to get the fish down to Melbourne on freezer truck again this year, so I hope all members hook in for a good feed of fish from north queensland for a great cause Very Happy once again I will not be able to attend, but hope to one day.

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:23 pm

The day you do attend Bloodgold, is the day you'll get a very sore back from all the pats you'll be getting. T06
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:51 pm

lol!  yeah thanks costa, yeah mate the thing is all the barra and mackerel boats that we look after in the gulf of carpenteria all come home and unload on that week of the bash as the gulf is shut down to all fishing till the first of February Sad. Training my son up so maybe next year V58

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks Bloodgold for you fantasic generosity again this year. Q36 Your fish kicks of for a great weekend on the Friday night dinner. And I'm sure that the Loins Club cooking will do the fish justas mate. Yes it would be great if you could make it one year so I can personally Thank You for your generosity.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  walkerminty Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:15 am

Bloodgold2 your donation last year was a fantastic surprise. I think the only time some of the attendees stop yacking was when they hogged into the fish. So thank you for your gift and your time in organizing the transport. Looking forward to a good feed down there. Hope you can make it down sometime.

walkerminty
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi wombat and Walkerminty, no worries we will catch up one day Smile   sometimes its not all about the gold, but to a great fundraising cause Very Happy hope you all enjoy a north queensland treat, on me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Your Bloods worth bottling mate V05
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:18 pm

Q33 T04 Bloodgol2 you are a top Bloke Bud. T01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:08 pm

This years raffle and auction will be the BIGGEST ever with many thousands of dollars worth of prizes going up for grabs. This weekend we will be putting up a list of the Auction items for you to browse through and pick out what takes your fancy. If you can not get to the Bash but still would like to bid on an item, you can do this by either contacting myself or mariner3800 and placing your Highest bid that you are willing to go up to. Your bid will be confidential and only known by myself, mariner and the auctioneer.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down