Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reeds Lithium battery and B & Z Enhancer

2 posters

Go down

Reeds Lithium battery and B & Z Enhancer Empty Reeds Lithium battery and B & Z Enhancer

Post  roxydog Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:45 am

Hi Folk
Pretty new to detecting and just recently got a GP Extreme and kit from my mate.
Had headphones with it and found them as annoying as ever - so very quickly ordered the B & Z from JP's shop (Freida was very helpful over the phone).

Haven't had a chance to field test it yet -but hearing how my mates was running sounds sweet.

While waiting to go out again ,decided that there were too many attachments having the booster and battery hanging off me ,so started looking for a new battery pack so
i could integrate them together. I found one but thought it was a little bulky.

After a few days study of the stripped booster and lithium battery pack, i though i could squash the booster circuit in there. Though how i'd do it would mean i'd need the booster batteries
all the time -so no bypass. No great loss i thought -as it's easy enough to turn the volume down with the rotary switch and the batteries last forever from accounts i've read.

It's a relatively easy mod -Only have to desolder all the wires and the phone connector off the booster and only the 2 phone connector wires off the battery pack and drill a couple holes.
Then a matter of rewiring it all affraid

Anyway -here's a pic of the almost finished item. I'll add diagrams/pix and details if anyone is interested in doing it themselves.
Reeds Lithium battery and B & Z Enhancer 3067706177_dc5373edb1_o

Great forum thanks.

Cheers
Dom

roxydog
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Reeds Lithium battery and B & Z Enhancer Empty Re: Reeds Lithium battery and B & Z Enhancer

Post  Topcat Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:55 am

Looks good Roxsydog,

Looking at a similar setup myself so will await further reports on this mod.

Cheers

Ted
Topcat
Topcat
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://topcathaveweels.com/

Back to top Go down

Reeds Lithium battery and B & Z Enhancer Empty Re: Reeds Lithium battery and B & Z Enhancer

Post  roxydog Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi Ted
I should have mentioned this is only good if you don't intend to use your phones again.
Bit noisy with the phones running thru the booster.

You'd need to get the original booster bypass switch in there,which isn't possible,and wire it
as it was originally to get phones working properly.

I don't intend to use phones again -but who knows -that may change in the future.

I'll keep an eye out for a perfect fitting box that will fit the switch and the aaa batts.

Cheers
Dom

roxydog
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down