Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lithium batteries

4 posters

Go down

lithium batteries Empty lithium batteries

Post  zacc Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am

hi all
do lithium batteries, say 7.3volt hold there voltage and then stop, or does the voltage slowly drop off like ordinary rechargable ? this is when they are in use by the way.

zacc
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

lithium batteries Empty Re: lithium batteries

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:15 am

Zacc, I do believe they drop off slowly to a point (not sure what voltage) before they shutdown.
Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

lithium batteries Empty lithium battery

Post  kiwi Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:04 pm

hi zacc,i have set our detectors up with a lithium polymer bat 5a/h fully charged 8.1 v very high power density only 20 mm thick about 120mm long by 45 wide,velcos nicely on the side of the detector,voltage drops of slowly as it discharges like any other batt,the internal v reg in the detector maintains a constant voltage till the batt drops to a certain value[around 7v, i think] then you will get a low voltage signal from the detector,cheers kiwi.
kiwi
kiwi
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  zacc Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:29 pm

i will be trying them on an sd2100,dont know if that detector has any sort of voltage regulator

zacc
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Chookfoot Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:33 am

kiwi wrote:hi zacc,i have set our detectors up with a lithium polymer bat 5a/h fully charged 8.1 v very high power density only 20 mm thick about 120mm long by 45 wide,velcos nicely on the side of the detector,voltage drops of slowly as it discharges like any other batt,the internal v reg in the detector maintains a constant voltage till the batt drops to a certain value[around 7v, i think] then you will get a low voltage signal from the detector,cheers kiwi.

Kiwi,
What detectors are you running this on ? I use an extreme and need a spare battery.
Been thinking of regulating a 3 cell lipo but parts will cost a lot more.
What sort of time do you get from the 5000mah pack ?
Also into RC planes so I have lipo chargers etc.
Thanks
Chookfoot
Chookfoot
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down