Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coiltek 24x14 Goldstalker

2 posters

Go down

Coiltek 24x14 Goldstalker Empty Coiltek 24x14 Goldstalker

Post  CostasDee Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 am

Well, it finally arrived, my brand new Coiltek 24x14 Goldstalker! Bought from a dealer and registered the certificate number so it's the real deal, not an offshore copy. Visually I am rapt in the size of it and weight-wise, very manageable being even lighter than my all-rounder, the Commander 15x12 Mono. Can't wait to go for a swing with it (2 weekends away and counting).
There seems to be limited info on this particular size coil on the forum. Anyone else have or used one of these and can share their experience/findings/comparisons?
Cheers
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Coiltek 24x14 Goldstalker Empty Re: Coiltek 24x14 Goldstalker

Post  trashmagnet Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:22 pm

hi costasdee
if your ever out with someone that has a 24x12 nuggetfinder any chance of doing a bit of a comparison?
I use the 24x12 and have been thinking about a coiltek just for the extra 2" width but was not sure the difference in depth
would be worth it.
I realise it won't be a massive difference, but sometimes a little means a lot.
regards trashy

trashmagnet
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Coiltek 24x14 Goldstalker Empty Re: Coiltek 24x14 Goldstalker

Post  CostasDee Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi trashy,

I don't really think that there'll be too much difference in the depth side of it - I reckon maybe 1cm more. What I find with my "style" of swinging though is that at the morning when I'm all pumped, I swing from left to right quite evenly, but after 10 hours of doing this and just before my arm's about to drop off, I find myself walking slower and "pushing & pulling" the coil in front of me, so this is where the extra 2" will give a slightly better footprint on the ground. If I do find someone using the NF, I'll see if we can test them and let you know, but don't hold your breath until this finally happens.

Sooooo much looking forward to taking out this puppy and let it draw it's first blood on a slug of gold. tongue They should call it "the snowshoe" or maybe "bigfoot". drunken 
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down