Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX5000 SETTINGS WITH 14X9 AND 24X14 COILTEK

Go down

GPX5000 SETTINGS WITH 14X9 AND 24X14 COILTEK  Empty GPX5000 SETTINGS WITH 14X9 AND 24X14 COILTEK

Post  Deano64 Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi, just after some info on the settings for coils, i am new to this game, i have bought a gpx 5000 and had it for around 4 months now. I have been out 3 times, twice finding a load of metal and once with some luck,now i have the bug. I have been looking around old diggins in S.A and now wish to venture out into no mans land even though i am pretty inexperienced in where to go, quartz, ironstone and colour?? gotta give it a go. I have just bought a Coiltek 14x9" Blitz Goldstalker Mono and a Coiltek 24x14" Goldstalker Mono. The old diggins area is a very noisey patch, i wish to use the 14x9 to run over the area again and use the 24x14 to go out in other spots or is it possible to go over the heaps with the 24 as well?. Can someone help out with the setting front and rear panels or at least a start point for best results.
Thanks Dean.

Deano64
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 SETTINGS WITH 14X9 AND 24X14 COILTEK  Empty Re-gpx5000-settings-with-14x9-and-24x14-coiltek

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Gday Deano64 I usually run mine in the fine gold setting with 14*9 blitz coil, try the factory pre sets as well as with these settings the detecter will run at its smoothest, once you have confidence you can play around with other settings. Hope I have helped you some, my biggest coil I have is 18*12 goldstalker mono, have not used it much did find a 4grm the first time I did use it, actually it was the first time I found gold with the 5000 it was at good depth in clay 10-12" deep. I had it in the fine gold setting as I was still learning my self. Very Happy hope this helps.

Cheers

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 SETTINGS WITH 14X9 AND 24X14 COILTEK  Empty Re: GPX5000 SETTINGS WITH 14X9 AND 24X14 COILTEK

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:19 pm

READ the manual 3 times and take it with you and read it at night while you are using the detector as the setting combos are endless once you find a target mark where the target is on the ground and try different settings and listen for the settings that are quietest but give the best target response. This is the best way to learn the machine and will eventualy pay off better than just using settings others use. As settings are ground specific and target depth and size specific.

Here are some basic settings I use as a rough guide

5000 MONO SETTINGS

Matched with 18" NF or coiltec Elliptical mono.

FRONT END CONTROLS
Timings: Enhance or Fine Gold (FG): will put settings for this in brackets) fine gold setting is better than enhance except in high mineralization
Ground Balance: Fixed
Coil/RX: Mono
Search Mode: General
Threshold: 1 to 2 O’clock - tend to run this closer to 2 O'clock

DIGITAL SETTINGS
Backlight: Off
Volume Limit: 13
GB Type: General
Manual Tune: lower is better for the big deep gold. Or just hit auto tune on the front end cap

GENERAL SEARCH MODE MENU
Motion: Slow [or use very slow if EMI is bad]
RX Gain: 14-15, 16 if ground permits (FG: 14 - 16)
Audio: Normal try deep if EMI is ok deep is mostly noisy
Audio Tone: 33
Stabilizer: 8-10 - generally when gain is higher I tend to set this to 8 (FG: 9)
Signal: 19
Target Volume: 13 - try lifting this to 14 (if conditions allow) but if it makes threshold to chattery keep at 13.
Response: Normal
Tracking: FP (SLOW)
Discrimination: Off

And DONT FORGET forget to read the manual as it tells you every thing you need to know about settings

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 SETTINGS WITH 14X9 AND 24X14 COILTEK  Empty Re: GPX5000 SETTINGS WITH 14X9 AND 24X14 COILTEK

Post  Deano64 Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:01 am

Thanks for the info fellas, cant wait to get home and head north again,
currently at work in the middle east fixing broken down drill rigs in
there search for the black gold.I am a newby to the detecting game and
its good to know that theres help out there.Will have another read of
the manual and have another play with the setting, maybe bury the bits
i found at depth in the same patch and play with the settings as long
as i dont loose the buggers. Anyhow more barbys, camp fires and plenty
of beer,thanks again and will let you know how i go. Cheers Dean.

Deano64
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down