Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member from NQ

2 posters

Go down

New member from NQ Empty New member from NQ

Post  bottlesteve Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi all have been detecting for many years, I currently have a Minelab E-trac and just sold my Extreme looking for an upgrade. I detect all over NQ anywhere from the Palmer to Cloncurry.
bottlesteve
bottlesteve
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-11-02

http://bottlesteve.com

Back to top Go down

New member from NQ Empty Re: New member from NQ

Post  Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:20 am

G'day bottlesteve and welcome to the forum.  Q31 I like your Avatar, it would be an old one probably from the goldrush era??   My son in law and his father were into collecting old bottles and relics as well as prospecting. I like you have been into detecting for a long time. I first started with the Garretts, back in the 80's. now using a GPX 5000.
Hope you enjoy the forum as there is plenty of knowledgeable people here and plenty of good reading as well.
Wish you luck when you acquire your new updated detector and hope to see some of your finds/stories in the near future.  

Cheers.

Mike.       cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:10 am

Hey Bottlesteve
Welcome to the forum always good to see another member from NQ.
Tell us a bit more about what you get up to.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

New member from NQ Empty More

Post  bottlesteve Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Lee, I have a few bad habits metal detecting and bottles which you already know about, I also do a bit of sapphire chasing or any stone I can cut, like Peridot from Chudleigh Park agate around Agate Creek, all seem to be located near gold, miners sometimes drank cordial throwing their bottles amongst the empty stubbies . Metal detecting started the bottle pox, a terrible disease that started my rock hound problem, oh of course than there's the camera issue.

Cheers Steve
bottlesteve
bottlesteve
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  bottlesteve Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh and I like these rocks.

New member from NQ IMG_0572_zps4a32ccbd

Last edited by bottlesteve on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bottlesteve
bottlesteve
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:22 am

bottlesteve wrote:Lee, I have a few bad habits metal detecting and bottles which you already know about, I also do a bit of sapphire chasing or any stone I can cut, like Peridot from Chudleigh Park agate around Agate Creek, all seem to be located near gold, miners sometimes drank cordial throwing their bottles amongst the empty stubbies . Metal detecting started the bottle pox, a terrible disease that started my rock hound problem, oh of course than there's the camera issue.

Cheers Steve
Hey Steve
Very nice rock you have there mate!!!!!!! what goldfield is it off if you don't mind me asking??
The item I have put in bold?? have we met????
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  bottlesteve Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:41 am

Lee, No I don't think we have meet but I mentioned the 2 habits in the previous post, as for the gold location it was North of here, I suppose you could tell that by looking at the specimen.
Just can not believe how much good stuff is on this site. Got me new 5000 detector bought it locally as well, WOW can't wait to go out and use it.
bottlesteve
bottlesteve
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down