Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what detector to buy

3 posters

Go down

what detector to buy Empty what detector to buy

Post  nawaf Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:25 am

hi all,

I want to buy a gold detector for finding gold objects buried underground but I don't know which one to buy.

I have an opened budget.

can u help pls.

thanx

Nawaf

nawaf
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-08-04

Back to top Go down

what detector to buy Empty Re: what detector to buy

Post  deutran Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Nawaf
Please describe the type of soil if you can and is there metal trash..Also is the area away from interference such as power lines.When you say gold object what would this include ie;coin, jewellery ,nuggets etc
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  nawaf Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:36 pm

the type of soil is dirt (or sand) and some other place are rocky ground. the gold objects include coins & jewelry.

thank you bro

nawaf
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Nawaf
If the soil is mainly sand possibly a good beach Pulse induction detector like the garret infinium or surfmaster PI would work as they are designed for jewelery and coins.They are in the $1200 range.
Specific PI gold detectors tend to be more expensive because they are designed to work in mineralised ground which you probably won't need.Of course these would also be suitable for the purpose.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  nawaf Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:27 am

deutran wrote:Hi Nawaf
If the soil is mainly sand possibly a good beach Pulse induction detector like the garret infinium or surfmaster PI would work as they are designed for jewelery and coins.They are in the $1200 range.
Specific PI gold detectors tend to be more expensive because they are designed to work in mineralised ground which you probably won't need.Of course these would also be suitable for the purpose.

Hi ,

no it is not a beach, it is a farm land plus some other places dirt soil and rocky ground. i need a 3D one which can scan underground.

what about GPX5000.. i know nothing about those detectors, a lot of ads about em and can trust no one but you guys who tried it.

i really appreciate ur help bro

nawaf
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi Nawaf
We use mainly GPX 4000,4500,5000 here.They are super sensitive to small targets and can achieve excellent depth on all target sizes.They don't have 3D and give little target information so might not be suitable for you.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  nawaf Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:27 pm

deutran wrote:Hi Nawaf
We use mainly GPX 4000,4500,5000 here.They are super sensitive to small targets and can achieve excellent depth on all target sizes.They don't have 3D and give little target information so might not be suitable for you.

i'm not looking for small targets, but looking for large targets underground (u can call it treasure) so what is ur adv. pls

thanx

nawaf
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:10 pm

G'day Nawaf.

Coins/gold bullion and relics hey? Hmm. Since we have little of that stuff to be found here on our gold fields,I can only recommend a top of the line coin/cache detector such that of the CTX 3030 or Minelab GPX 4800.On the other hand if your looking for cache's of deep buried treasure,in the form of gold bullion/coin/artefacts etc) I will suggest you looking into 3D Pulse Imaging,by one of the other leading Metal Detector Manufacturers,such that of "Nokta" or "OKM"

Cheers Kon.What a Face 
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks Kon I was thinking also of the CTX 3030 but haven't used it.Never thought of the 4800 good idea.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  nawaf Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:33 am

kon61 wrote:

G'day Nawaf.

Coins/gold bullion and relics hey? Hmm. Since we have little of that stuff to be found here on our gold fields,I can only recommend a top of the line coin/cache detector such that of the CTX 3030 or Minelab GPX 4800.On the other hand if your looking for cache's of deep buried treasure,in the form of gold bullion/coin/artefacts etc) I will suggest you looking into 3D Pulse Imaging,by one of the other leading Metal Detector Manufacturers,such that of "Nokta" or "OKM"

Cheers Kon.What a Face 

Coins/gold bullion and relics hey >>> Middle Ages

thanks all for help, but i want to make sure before i buy this thing.. the soil is almost rocky ground the weather is not humidity. the second thing is that the objectives are treasures buried underground (5-10 Meters). is there a way to scan the underground.

my question is will the detector be affected by the ash and bones.

thanks in advance

nawaf
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Middle Ages? somewhere between the 5th and 15th century AD.Capable of penetrating through ash & bones,between 5 to 10 meters underground=Ancient kings burial grounds?  Nawaf,sounds like your after buried kings treasure? I do hope for your sake,your a licensed archaeologist & not a tomb raider?Laughing  In that case,forget about the CTX3030 or GPX 4800 and look into the above OKM or Nokta products and ask them,which of their equipment will best handle or best suit your needs.

Cheers Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  nawaf Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:00 am

kon61 wrote:Middle Ages? somewhere between the 5th and 15th century AD.Capable of penetrating through ash & bones,between 5 to 10 meters underground=Ancient kings burial grounds?  Nawaf,sounds like your after buried kings treasure? I do hope for your sake,your a licensed archaeologist & not a tomb raider?Laughing  In that case,forget about the CTX3030 or GPX 4800 and look into the above OKM or Nokta products and ask them,which of their equipment will best handle or best suit your needs.

Cheers Kon.What a Face

Dear Kon,

No one could ask em such question, they just want to make money. I am asking the expert ppl here, am I right $$.
Name one

I will shot some pictures for u later Smile

Thank u

Nawaf

nawaf
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 am

Fair enough question Nawaf, I understand what your asking for and do hope you get an answer to your question,but,people here on this Forum who prospect for gold,are mostly hobbyists,with the odd small time dozer operator thrown in. I say this because I doubt if anyone here,including myself,have ever used or have had the need to use deep penetrating,ground imaging devices,designed for locating treasure at the depths you talk about,unless they're thinking of mining for hidden gold ore bodies,at depth,underground,in conjunction with the use of heavy excavating equipment.We simply do not have the type of treasure here that you seek to find,hence,there'd be little need for or knowledge on the specialized deep seeking equipment,you've requested for either.That's why I say,best talk directly with the manufacturers of such specialized equipment,you seek to find.

Cheers Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  nawaf Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:33 am

kon61 wrote:Fair enough question Nawaf, I understand what your asking for and do hope you get an answer to your question,but,people here on this Forum who prospect for gold,are mostly hobbyists,with the odd small time dozer operator thrown in. I say this because I doubt if anyone here,including myself,have ever used or have had the need to use deep penetrating,ground imaging devices,designed for locating treasure at the depths you talk about,unless they're thinking of mining for hidden gold ore bodies,at depth,underground,in conjunction with the use of heavy excavating equipment.We simply do not have the type of treasure here that you seek to find,hence,there'd be little need for or knowledge on the specialized deep seeking equipment,you've requested for either.That's why I say,best talk directly with the manufacturers of such specialized equipment,you seek to find.

Cheers Kon.What a Face

it was fair enough answer kon i going to contact em and share the info with you here so u can help me with that plus these information would be useful for other ppl who will seek such info.

best regards,

nawaf

nawaf
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Nawaf
Good luck to you and let us know how you get on,sorry we can't help you on this one.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down