Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New detector being developed

+7
Narrawa
sandy2010
thegolddude
fastgold
rc62burke
llanbric
Geko
11 posters

Go down

New detector being developed Empty New detector being developed

Post  Geko Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:44 pm

I hear that there is a new detectorbeing developed and due for release very soon.
It is all Australian, made in Melbourne will be about $2000 and out perform or equal the GPX4500.
Can anyone shed any light on this rumour?

Geko
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

New detector being developed Empty Re: New detector being developed

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Seems like you know more about it than anyone else, can you shed more light on it New detector being developed Icon_question as they say seeing is believing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:53 pm

ditto to what Dave said.....seeing is believing
For years there has been rumours of a great ML beating Aussie made marvel but nothing has ever eventuated.

Pulse Devil, AUquest, QED, Dougwhiskers 2010..etc..etc...all just big noises on forums but nothing of any substance yet and most likely not in the foreseeable future.

Back to top Go down

Post  Geko Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:15 pm

After looking up other forums I think the mystry detector I asked about is the QED. Sorry about raising hopes.
geko

Geko
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I doubt that you raised anyones hopes, we've heard it all before, it comes from a certain forum run by a certain person.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

New detector being developed Empty new detector

Post  rc62burke Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi All
I have heard rumbling's of a new detector, being developed in Vic, Eric Foster is involved testing is being conducted on a prototype, price close to 10k rumored to have huge depth increase there is an Aussie sindicate at work on this. Just what Ive heard.
cheers
Lee
ps. no cr#p not trying to stir up anything !!!!!!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

New detector being developed Empty new detector

Post  fastgold Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Ireckon thats about time to give up,just think of those holes,too bad if its a fossicking ground where you can't camp overnight, New detector being developed Icon_question ,regards,mark

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

New detector being developed Empty New detectors, rumoured

Post  thegolddude Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 pm

QED, Detekta Systems, Eric Fosters new prototype?, Auquest, Pulse Devil, MOAD, AU32, Reeve-Jones. All of these models and 'company's'
have had detectors in the field trying to outdo Minelab. But nothing has been proven and sold in any number. There is some hope that something will happen but still we wait! Graham

thegolddude
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

New detector being developed Empty NEW DETECTORS RUMOURED....

Post  sandy2010 Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:45 pm

I read in NEW SCIENTIST magazine (a long while back) about a scientist working on a detector that could pick up the energy frequency in atomic structures......I made contact with one of his offsiders that had been involved in the research and asked him about the possibility of incorporating the principle for gold detection.....he replied that the project absorbed all their time, because the detector was being developed for mine-detection to try and stop people losing limbs........I believe the project was funded by an international humanitarian agency.

The great thing about this is that it would only detect gold.

Last edited by sandy2010 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added last paragraph.)

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 pm

.........and out perform or equal the GPX4500.
Can anyone shed any light on this rumour?

Its not a rumor, I believe its called a....................GPX-5000 lol!

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi all,

Eric Foster worked on the Whites PI detector I think its called the Whites TDI. and the TDI Pro is a little better.
These are relatively new and the first PI machines that whites have ever produced. They are much cheaper than the 4500 or 5000 but I've no idea how good they are.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 am

G'day Choppa.

You're dead right their about the TDI Pro made for Aus conditions.It currently doesn't have the raw power that the GPX series has,but its the only pulse machine on the market that can distinguish aluminum, galvanized steel,and wait for it,lead. All these three give a clearly distinguishable low tone,compared to,same size gold targets,which give a high tone,at almost full depth,especially when coupled to the right type mono.
Also handles just about all ground conditions,running quite smoothly with mono coils.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

New detector being developed Empty Re: New Detector Being Developed

Post  sandy2010 Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Pardon my ignorance but who is Eric Foster and does he have a website?

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Put his name into Google and you will find a lot of information on him

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:47 pm

sandy, Eric Foster is the father of pulse induction and we should all bow down to him....

Panther

Back to top Go down

New detector being developed Empty radar detectors

Post  peter nugget Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 pm

two prospectors i know, one in melbourne and one in pt hedland, have in the last month purchased ground penertrating radar detector at $7000ea. has anyone out there any information on the performance of these detectors?

peter nugget

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:02 am

Peter, It would be interesting to know which GPR the guys bought. ? I did some research into the Golden King (Nokta) but came to the conclusion they would not be as good as the minelab in our mineralised conditions. They claim they will work in high mineralisation but even the Whites TDI had to be modified to suit Aussie conditions though it worked OK in the USA. Nokta is made in Turkey and they sent me some photos of the small targets that could be found but didn't say what depth. The discriminate is not totally reliable either.
They work on the VLF principle so I don't see how they can possibly achieve the depth they claim. I have seen reports from a chap that owns one and he suggested it was "better than a bounty Hunter". Well, I personally would like a much better report than that.
As for the German ones, there have been a lot of dissapointed people around who have bought those as they are better at finding ferrous material and disturbed ground or caves than gold, and certainly cannot find small gold at any depth. Prices are ridiculous and the software is not easy to interperet. There are forums regarding GPR detectors and from what I read there, I think you would be wasting money buying any currently available GPR if you intended gold hunting with it.
Panther

Back to top Go down