Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coiltek 6" Mono help

2 posters

Go down

Coiltek 6" Mono help Empty Coiltek 6" Mono help

Post  Ianmarg Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:24 pm

I carry a Coiltek 6" on a spare shaft in my backpack. It makes a great pin pointer for the deeper holes and is used when scratching dry blowings. It is efective on very small finds to a depth of about 4 inches at ground level. But while I am able to maintain a quiet coil with my other coils I seem to have trouble with this 6". The noise is not enough to mask a signal and I am used to it's whoops and sqeeks. Is this the nature of the beast or is there an area that I shoud concentrate on. I run a 4000 and maintain clean and tight fittings. It has proved to be a productive machine and with the help of newer monos in recent times I hope to keep the 4000 a bit longer.

Thanks Snibo

Ianmarg
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Coiltek 6" Mono help Empty Re: Coiltek 6" Mono help

Post  Coiltek Manufacturing Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:12 am

Hi Snibo,
The 6" Mono coil is a very sensitive little unit and will easily hear the sub grammers. It should also be a stable coil when swinging and these noises you mention are they in the swing of the coil?

We have had high demand for this coil and it seems to be a valuable addition to many kits out there. When using this coil you still need to swing at a slow sweep speed as per a larger coil. Sometimes the tendency is to swing faster as the coil is so small which can therefore bring in more noise.

Could you describe a little more where this noise appears in your swing? Has the change of a few settings improved the stability - or maybe not?

We are here to help you obtain the best satisfaction from your Coiltek Coil!

Regards,
Trevor @ Coiltek
Coiltek Manufacturing
Coiltek Manufacturing
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Coiltek 6" Mono help Empty Coiltek 6' mono help

Post  Ianmarg Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks for the response Trevor, I have recently received a replacement coil. Thanks for the quick turn around. The coil was found to be defective. As a point of interest the problem I faced with the coil was one af touch sessitivity. The coil responded to contact with the ground , twigs in the brush and any quick movements. The new coil can now be pushed into the ground and brush with little response, much better, and yes you do have to move slower. It has proved a great companion for the Coiltek 14x9 blitz. Both are very sensitive and have proven to be very productive on fine gold. But with my old eyes I do wonder how fine you need to go.
Snibo

Ianmarg
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down