Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TR3ND is dead . . .

2 posters

Go down

The TR3ND is dead . . .  Empty The TR3ND is dead . . .

Post  TR3NDKlLL Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Sorry for the bad song reference, no one here probably knows it anyway . . .
Im 37, from Victoria. Never really done much Dirt Fishing before last year.
I bought one of those GB knock-offs from ebay when they were around 90 bucks. It was ok for the beach as the ground balance on it does work.
After lots of looking and air-test videos and reviews and field tests etc etc, I settled on a Fisher F2.
I would like to purchase an F70 at some point also, as it seems to have a better depth than the F75.
I probably wouldnt go too much further than that in price. I cant really justify the price of some of those detectors myself.
I mean, come on, 5 grand for a circuit board and a coil? Very Happy
For other people, that may be acceptable, for me . . not so much.
Ive had a bit of fun with friends in South Australia. One friend had a 5000, the other just had one he had made himself with a coiltek on it.
His home made machine found more than the 5000 that afternoon on the same ground. From that day on, ive looked at the amount of money asked is mainly for the name.
Anyhoo, enough complaining about detector prices.
Ive been looking at other detectors to buy for around the $500 mark also (a bit above or a bit below is fine) . . Maybe even up to a grand for the right one.
So far, ive kinda been like the ford/holden guy. Every time I look at a detector that I like, it ends up being a Fisher.
I know I know . . you cant buy a detector on looks alone. Otherwise people would have Jessica Alba strapped to a coil . . . which doesnt seem so bad really. Twisted Evil

So Hi . . im Scott. Im old and im grumpy and I carry a long stick, sometimes with a coil on it.

Anyhoo, what do people recommend from that price range?
From experience, not opinion.
My F2 seems to go very well. Ive found small nuggets rather easily. Ive found plenty coinage and even a Meteorite or two at a special spot of mine . . .
The depth on it has been fine and is exactly what others test videos said it would be. It performs no differently to F4 or 5 . . the same coils will yield the same results with those models. Its only when you go up to the 7's that it seems to change.

Peace
TR3NDKlLL
TR3NDKlLL
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-05-29

Back to top Go down

The TR3ND is dead . . .  Empty Re: The TR3ND is dead . . .

Post  Guest Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 pm

My F2 seems to go very well. Ive found small nuggets rather easily

I say if ya on a good thing stick to it. Laughing why spend thousands if hundreds will do it for ya Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

The TR3ND is dead . . .  Empty 71khz of Zip! Zip!

Post  CrazyPete Thu May 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Seeing as you love Fishers, bugger it just get a GB2 Very Happy
Most on here probably thinking that anywaz Suspect pirat

Had the GB2 cheers and no bull it was 2nd only to my 5k on sniffing out small stuff.
Member on here sells em real cheap.

J
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

The TR3ND is dead . . .  Empty Re: The TR3ND is dead . . .

Post  Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:06 pm

TR3NDKlLL wrote:Sorry for the bad song reference, no one here probably knows it anyway . . .

No, but we are the ones who must sport the position

Back to top Go down