Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online

+6
OldMogo
Rustydog
Jack outwest
snowygold
Aussiedetecting
Grumpybunz
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online Empty Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online

Post  Grumpybunz Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:21 am

Hi all,
I am really struggling to find a supplier here in Aust that isnt charging like a wounded bull... Can anyone suggest were i can get a Jobes or something similair.
Needs to be suitable for fairly dry areas...Any suggestions on type would also be greatly appreciated ..
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online Empty Re: Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online

Post  Aussiedetecting Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Have a look here champ www.aussiedetectors.com
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online Empty Re: Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online

Post  Grumpybunz Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Aussiedetecting wrote:Have a look here champ www.aussiedetectors.com

Hiya....
Yup yup i have em on my radar....
Cheers for that.
I am starting too get so frustrated as i just want to get out and try some spots..
Maybe even post a find or 2

how funny... I was and bred most years in Bendigo.. remeber a fella used to get big bits out the whipstiks

Cheers
Toby

Last edited by Grumpybunz on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Xtra info..)
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Give me a call tomorrow for a chat
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  snowygold Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 pm

I believe that if you make you own gear you will fully understand how it works.
If you buy your gear you will never know how to perfect it and are only in it for the money, just like those that sell inadequate sluices for Australian conditions.
Most sluices or highbankers are designed or made in the US and need to be highly modified for our grounds/soils/mineralization.

snowygold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:28 pm

I don't know about that. I've got plenty of fine gold with the ones I sell.
Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online 29E9F0D0-F3B2-4DD5-BEDA-9B8850AA3A6C-6059-0000028AE5539CC4_zps861b4d81
Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online F4494d66f638213eac8f4a69c325e05f_zpsc0587ea7
Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online Image-10
No point saying it works, showing is better Very Happy
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:31 pm

try this guy he makes and sells these in Australia.

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/raygas6/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks, I've been looking for this guy
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Yeah, they look the part and he was selling for $385 and now they cost $410 to buy.
If I had the money and time to do this type of gold recovery i would buy one today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:58 am

Why not give Brad a go, here is a bloke trying to earn a buck in OZ with a young family paying heaps of taxes running his own business , these guys are the backbone of this country .

Jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi Jack Outwest,
Is Brad the guy selling these sluices on Ebay?
Are they made to pick up the fine gold too?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:26 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:Hi Jack Outwest,
Is Brad the guy selling these sluices on Ebay?
Are they made to pick up the fine gold too?

Hello Uncle Bob ,
I just don't know ?
Give him a PM '

Cheers
Jack ..
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog Fri May 24, 2013 3:29 pm

if you want to spend hours breaking down clay and being mainly stuck to sandy areas for chasing your gold then by all means buy a sluice.
but lets face the facts that the plans on this site to build your own high banker aka banjo is the way to go , that way you dont waste hours with clay and every thing you dig goes straight into the banjo.
these things eat clay up in seconds with the help of the punch plate , water jets and your shovel.
owned a sluice once , sold it and got a banjo and will never ever go back to a sluice.
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  OldMogo Fri May 24, 2013 11:34 pm

Building your own gear is great fun and rewarding BUT not everyone has the time, facilities/tools or ability to do this and so they may simply wish to buy something ready made.

There are plenty to choose from and most can be modified or adapted to suit both sandy and clay wash. Its not hard to add some spray bars to a shop bought unit and experiment with angles of the trays to suit the work area.

Mogo

OldMogo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  XIV Sat May 25, 2013 7:21 am

Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online Imag0117

this is made from an old box gutter and some scrap metal
most of this i picked up from the metal scrap joint down the road
all up it cost $73
some of the things i already had ( gold mats, pvc pipe)
this works extremely well for fine gold as well as the pickers
and the plastic is cut out of a bread crate
XIV
XIV
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog Sat May 25, 2013 6:14 pm

OldMogo wrote:Building your own gear is great fun and rewarding BUT not everyone has the time, facilities/tools or ability to do this and so they may simply wish to buy something ready made.

There are plenty to choose from and most can be modified or adapted to suit both sandy and clay wash. Its not hard to add some spray bars to a shop bought unit and experiment with angles of the trays to suit the work area.

Mogo

If people wanted them i can get them built for cheaper than these fancy high bankers and sluices etc , why is it the some are narrow minded enough to think oh i dont have time , i dont have the equipment to make it .... but you never see can this be made for me etc etc.
Of late i am just lost for words by people who just dont listen , learn and are plain ignorant.
For us that do this work and work with these banjo and know the ins and outs of them and their bonus's against the sluice and high banker tell people how good these things are but no they just go off and spend double the money on things that will not work in all areas of alluvial ground.

Last edited by Jefgold on Sun May 26, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incorrect name removed)
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  OldMogo Sat May 25, 2013 8:16 pm

My comments were simple, just that some people don't have the time or means. The next course of action is to find something ready made. Be that from you or Aussie detectors or miners den or whoever.

but you never see can this be made for....
Is that not the same as "Where can I get one from"? They all have to be made by someone. There are a lot of people who fall into the category mentioned and I have read on forums of a few who have asked their local sheet metal place to make up a unit from pictures or plans they have found on the net

Sorry mate but I don't really see the relevance of you're reply to me above

Mogo

OldMogo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 27, 2013 2:57 pm

XIV wrote:Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online Imag0117

this is made from an old box gutter and some scrap metal
most of this i picked up from the metal scrap joint down the road
all up it cost $73
some of the things i already had ( gold mats, pvc pipe)
this works extremely well for fine gold as well as the pickers
and the plastic is cut out of a bread crate

looking good mate. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Broometimepete Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 am

I purchased a goldirocks for around the $1000 mark using a 3600 gallon per hour seaflo pump,deep cycle battery run it for 12 hours over 2 days . I found a gram of fine gold all up checked the nugget trap 20 mins into running and had gold flecks sitting in the ripples the unit is light weight easy to set up and easily adjusted to get angle and water flow just right . Im happy with my purchase and fully understand how it works without having built it personally. Happy digging all Very Happy

Broometimepete
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpybunz Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Rustydog wrote:
OldMogo wrote:Building your own gear is great fun and rewarding BUT not everyone has the time, facilities/tools or ability to do this and so they may simply wish to buy something ready made.

Mogo

If people wanted them i can get them built for cheaper than these fancy high bankers and sluices etc , why is it the some are narrow minded enough to think oh i dont have time , i dont have the equipment to make it .... but you never see can this be made for me etc etc.
Of late i am just lost for words by people who just dont listen , learn and are plain ignorant.
For us that do this work and work with these banjo and know the ins and outs of them and their bonus's against the sluice and high banker tell people how good these things are but no they just go off and spend double the money on things that will not work in all areas of alluvial ground.

Hi Rustydog, I do see your point but the fact of the matter is that i do not have the tools or access too these so as too build one
Now as far as i am concerned your splittin hairs mate.. one would have thought you would be decent enough too offer a solution rather than having a crack at em"... you could have just stated that you would be kind enough to offer it too be built when a person asks this question!
I have seen all the plans and even tried to make a wood version but i am just not good enough.So here is my challenge too you>>> How much and how long too get it to the Port Hedland? If i can get a full Jobes with pump and all the bits from the US for just over a grand can you beat this price?? Mate i have just gotten too a point of information constipation and am looking for something like the Greywolf mini highbanker!! ANY Solutions most welcome!
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:19 pm

ok this is a definition of putting my money where my mouth is i guess , now just to show you something here first

Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online Photo0074_zps0e4ce345

now the shovel load of stuff in the hopper is sticky clay and even in a pan it takes a lot of work to break down.
now for a sluice you still have to break it down in a similar way to a pan.

a high banker has a better go due to the fact it has spray bars but still lacks the punch plate.

now the banjo with the punch plate and aid of the shovel and spray bars breaks this sticky crap down in about 20 seconds.

if more proof is needed i will video it next time i am out and prove it.

now as for building a banjo and etc $249 for a pump 1.9hp - $50 for fittings and suction hose - and around $250 - $300 for the banjo ... to port hedland i guees you would be roughly looking at $100 or more in courier fees as size and weight it cant be posted

on that though you would put 2-3 times the amount through for the same time with a sluice
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpybunz Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:09 am

Sounds great Rustydog.... OK. now as for pump etc in this field i am fine..... but will definately pay $300 too anyone who will build it! If this is an option i have the money in a couple of days... I do like wat i see on here with somedays banjo and the others that have followed.. Look forward to replies as i am over trying the US....Bloody greywolf mini was going to cost more than a full jobes with 2 inch pump etc.. But i do have to have it made just a bit smaller than what you guys use...Any suggestions... I do need to try to stay recirculating as there is not much water where i go! Plus this bloody pindan dirt..... I await your reply
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm

there is a smaller version that i use as well , yes i have 2 banjo's atm

Where to buy a highbanker/power sluice in Aust online PICT0004

this one is about 2 feet long and about 12 inchs wide and can still handle any clay i throw at it.
has 3 mm punch plate with 10 mm holes and is light to carry.

as for making one atm ... work is flat out atm so i probably would have much chance for at least a month or so i would reckon
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerryx4 Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:42 am

Hey guys,
I already have a small 6inch power sluice & I'm over classifying down to tiny size so thought I could make a top hopper box for it like these so I can shovel direct into it.
I can buy sheet steel from Bunnings etc no problem but how do u guys bend the sheet straight? On a piece of wood or concrete edge or with a bending machine?
(i'm great at working with wood but have no idea about metal work.)
Jerryx4
Jerryx4
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2012-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  someday Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh how much I'd like a small panbrake Sad

Jerry, apart from the long section of my sluice being folded with a real folder, all other bends were done by hand!
All I use is 2 pieces of thick channel iron back to back with whatever your bending sandwiched in between and clamped at each end!
Then with the trusty bangen stick, procced to annoy the hell out of your neighbours Laughing
Where a 3rd or even 4th fold is required, if your after a crisp fold, cutting halfway through the metal
with a thin cut off disc along the opposite side of your intended fold line will produce an easy to fold straight bend Wink affraid Very Happy

Good luck pirat
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  XIV Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Jerryx4 wrote:Hey guys,
I already have a small 6inch power sluice & I'm over classifying down to tiny size so thought I could make a top hopper box for it like these so I can shovel direct into it.
I can buy sheet steel from Bunnings etc no problem but how do u guys bend the sheet straight? On a piece of wood or concrete edge or with a bending machine?
(i'm great at working with wood but have no idea about metal work.)

I cheated a little
the sluice part of mine is a bit of box gutter cut to the size you want
as for the rest i cut the sheet metal cut to the angles i wanted and used some 10mm angle silicon and some pop rivets
seems to hold together quite well (even with me bashing it with the shovel) Q14
it really doesn't mater how you make it as long as you learn from your mistakes and improve on it
mine has been changed 3-4 times now with improvements to it each time
and as long as end result you find gold and you had fun making it and it works for you then nothing else matters
XIV
XIV
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpybunz Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 pm

You know that after watching multiple utube vids i think i may be able to come up with something... even if i buy a sluice and build upon that
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  someday Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:13 pm

When or where you buy steel from, look for places that also do fabrication Cool
Most steel sellen fab joints will only charge a couple of bucks max per bend cheers
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpybunz Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Ok...
So where i am at is that i have a keenes sluice with an extension on its way and have made a card board version of my hopper that will be made from an old front loader washing machine metal...!! Photos to come soon if i can work out how to post them but after all the advice i have decided too cheat a little but follow the principles for the top hopper! Sluice part should only be days away so cant wait Razz Razz bounce
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpybunz Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Ok.So am about a day away from first trial....
Am gong to head down peawah for some trial runs....Vids to follow so people can critique on angle etc...cheers cheers cheers Very Happy 
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next