Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I get Equipment??

3 posters

Go down

Where can I get Equipment?? Empty Where can I get Equipment??

Post  Macca Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm off on a prospecting trip in 4 weeks time and can't seem to find anywhere in Brisbane or close by that sells any prospecting equipment. Treasure Enterprises are shut until March which is a shame as I leave for PNG in Feb. Is there anywhere in Gympie?
As I am a newbie, any advice on necessary equipment would be appreciated. I'll be panning in creeks up there on a fairly remote island in Milne Bay so was thinking pan/sluice box??

Macca
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Where can I get Equipment?? Empty Re: Where can I get Equipment??

Post  chopppacalamari Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:21 pm

I can't help you up that way unless you order online But I hope you have some security arrangements. PNG can be a dangerous place if you are a prospector.
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Where can I get Equipment?? Empty gympie metal detector supplies

Post  kevlorraine2 Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:44 pm

hi macca,

i am in gympie area, our local metal detector and gold equipment supplier (a full minelab outlet, he is keen metal detectorite) is GYMPIE ARMY DISPOSALS at 92 mellor st gympie phone/fax number 54826711. he has a good range of second hand detectors and all aluvial gold equipment, but would pay to ring him if you are after something in particular before travelling all the way from brisbane. best of luck in PNG, with the natives that is. ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Where can I get Equipment?? Empty gold panning equipment

Post  kevlorraine2 Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:56 pm

hi macca, again.

just remembered there is a camping world shop in maroochydore at 128 aerodrome road phone 54433955
www.campingworld.com when i was last there some years back they had a section on prospecting equipment in that shop, dont know how comprehensive they are but they are a lot closer to brisbane you could check them out, best of luck. ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Where can I get Equipment?? Empty equipment

Post  kevlorraine2 Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:03 pm

macca, me again, that webb site, forgot to add au at the end of so is www.campingworld.com.au

... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Where can I get Equipment?? Empty Re: Where can I get Equipment??

Post  Macca Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Thanks for your replies Kev, I paid Dave from Gympie Army Disposals a visit and he hooked me up with a Minelab detector. I think it should definately do the job. Quite a helpful and a nice guy I might add.

Macca
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down