Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E BAY WARNING

Go down

E BAY WARNING Empty E BAY WARNING

Post  Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:09 pm

IF ANY ONE HAS HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH SOMEONE CALLING THEMSELVES MY BLUE RIBBON CONCERNING GPX 4500 DETECTORS
THEY ARE SCAMMERS SO YOU HAD BETTER CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS FOR ALERTS.
E BAY JUST SENT ME AN ALERT TELLING ME TO STOP ANY PAYMENTS I MAY HAVE MADE.

Back to top Go down

E BAY WARNING Empty Re: E BAY WARNING

Post  nero_design Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey Fencejumper. I hope you were able to stop any payments in time. "MY BLUE RIBBON" used my photographs four times for at least 4 different GPX sales and I reported him mid-week for repeat offenses. EBay took a few days to do anything, by which time he'd sold two GPXs. Lately he shrunk the pics to thumbnail size so that my copyright wasn't visible to the viewer. He has been only accepting Direct Deposit ...and then doesn't deliver. His victims have told me that when they phone his mobile, he answers but then hangs up when he realizes who it is. I've insisted that the buyers contact the Fraud Squad. Ebay must have only just pulled this guy because I checked this morning and he was still a member. Perhaps they only pull their fingers out when the Police are involved. The seller is an Australian "of the local variety".

It was another member of this forum who alerted me to this guy a few weeks back (thanks).

Cheers,

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:12 pm

It was another member of this forum who alerted me to this guy a few weeks back (thanks).

Cheers,

Marco

And forum members were alerted of course.......

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:33 pm

He alerted me because he recognized my pictures. In fact he phoned me to tell me what was going on. I don't think he expected forum members here to shell out for GPXs at the seller's inflated rates.

The members of this forum do a really good job of alerting one another to scammers on Ebay. We've nailed a dozen of them for selling fake nuggets and false representation & fraud.

Cheers,

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down