Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

places not to go for newbies

4 posters

Go down

places not to go for newbies Empty places not to go for newbies

Post  natenwhy Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 am

Evil or Very Mad Hi everyone as a newbie I know there are area's that detecting is not allowed, could you good folk post these, so I and other newbies don't wonder into them thinking this might be a good place to start looking or post a link with the info on it thanks. Very Happy
natenwhy
natenwhy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

places not to go for newbies Empty Re: places not to go for newbies

Post  Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 pm

some nat parks but i don't really know because i don't dect and don't own a detector i am more of a paner and sluice for now...... Smile

but i am shore some one will on here would be able to tell you

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi folks, Hi Natenwhy, Smile I would suggest your question is kind of a "how long is a piece of string" kind of question, you will no doubt have to do some research like all of us into where you might wish to look for gold, part of that process will include the question of who owns or controls that particular land and can I go there?, research is the key! Good luck out there!
Regards
Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 pm

G'day natenwhy. Firstly, go right through this section and you will find lots of items/posts about different areas where people have been ... there's a good place to start.

Perhaps if you download 'Google Earth' ... and then, within this section, look for some of the posts that tell you of different .kml files to download and then look at in 'Google Earth' ... these will have some of the old diggings and mines that are within allowed areas for detectorists.

I know this all sounds very confusing to a newbie, but it is all a learning curve that will help you to discover where gold has previously been found, and is currently being found ... in areas that are accessible. I think you will even find some of these files listed within this section (VIC) ... so that's a really good head start.

Go through as many of the related posts as you can ... make notes ... you will soon discover which areas people or utilizing for this wonderful hobby. There will literally be fields that are named for you, and areas that are described in great detail. In some posts you will see areas that are definitely 'off limits'.

We all start exactly where you are now. No-one can give you an exactl location to find gold ... but there's lots of general areas, ideas and descriptions. Good luck on your quest for gold ... and good luck to all of us! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldonline Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks for the information.

goldonline

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-21

http://www.goldandsilveronline.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 pm

This is a good site and plenty of info for newbies:
Read this section and you might get a little better understanding what you can do and what you can not:

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/earth-resources/exploration-and-mining/prospecting-and-fossicking/faqs

GoldEN

Back to top Go down