Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites coils?

2 posters

Go down

Whites coils? Empty Whites coils?

Post  robbor Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:56 pm

I have the older goldmaster 4b, with stock mono coil and small 3x6 dd coil. I was told the large(7.5 x 13.5) goldmax coils are DD now and thinking about getting one. Anyone have experience with the goldmasters or these large coils?

robbor
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Back to top Go down

Whites coils? Empty Sierra Gold Max coil

Post  mikepanner Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:28 pm

I just checked at Whites electronics and did not see it say the 14 inch is a DD. The model GM4B came out 2 months after I got my GM3. Very similar machines, ie frequency, same coils. I'm pretty sure my 14 inch Sierra Gold Max is a mono coil. Comparing the 10 inch stock monocoil and the 14 inch, I'll give my experience, say for example a 22 bullet, the 14 inch will pick it up about 2 inches deeper than the 10 inch. I once dug up a small buckshot at 4 inches down that really surprised me the depth. But with my bad shoulder the extra weight of the 14 inch took it's toll after about 4 hours swinging. I also have the 10 inch DD and yes it is quieter in very bad or hot ground, but I swear I get twice the depth with the stock 10 inch monocoil in mild soil as usually clay that i find in hydraulic pits over the last 10 years. My deepest nugget with stock 10 inch monocoil is 2.1 grams at 12 inches. Oh, and when I ran the 14 inch I found it a bit more difficult to pinpoint. Well I rambled but still hope this gives some ideas. P.S. hip mounting the control box will help cut down the fatigue of the heavier 14 coil. I'm not sure you have that option with the GM4B. Good luck to you.
Mike G.

mikepanner
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2009-10-08

Back to top Go down

Whites coils? Empty thanks for the reply.

Post  robbor Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:35 am

I just spent a few weeks talking to whites. The new sierra goldmax 14" coil is now black and DD, they are not making the monos anymore. It also is not morked as DD the sign is that the coil is made using a black plastic case like the little shooter coil. No more monos are avail for the goldmasters. I have the little shooter dd, the goldmax dd and the 5x10 mono that came with my unit. I wish i could hip mount my goldmaster 4b but its way to much trouble. Im looking forward to actually finding something one day Whites coils? Icon_biggrin . Im gonna try a little harder next time out with the little dd coil and see if i cant break my luck with a little tiny piece or 2 then work on the large coil. thanks any tips and experiences welcome on the goldmaster, the more info the better. go_rob_go@yahoo.com

robbor
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2009-09-21

Back to top Go down