Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

detecting bingara-barraba area

3 posters

Go down

detecting bingara-barraba area Empty detecting bingara-barraba area

Post  kristylaura2 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Hey all!
I havnt been on for a while, I've been hibernating Very Happy

I'm planning a trip to Barraba and I needed some advice. Does anyone know a good place around Barraba/Bingara? I'm having a hard time finding a spot that isn't private property!

I hope you've all been well

Kristy
kristylaura2
kristylaura2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

detecting bingara-barraba area Empty Re: detecting bingara-barraba area

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:07 am

hi
 i detected my very 1st piece of gold about 35 years ago with a garret A2B,in some diggings just on the side of the road that goes through Upper Bingara,never been back there but these diggings were just on the side of the road.hope you find something.

Last edited by day one on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:04 am

Hows it going the place looks interesting on google earth a long depression from manilla to warialda looking at the town to the right looks like forest and no houses use google earth to find the forest areas,
ps if you live in canberra it would be closer to come to vic beechworth etc even dunollys closer,have fun
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  TreatableRiverrat Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Hello............head out towards the old asbestos mine, when you get over the bridge at ironbark creek, look for a dirt track in to the left. You will find plenty of diggings and also there is gold in the creek if you want to do some panning. Good luck..............fordy
TreatableRiverrat
TreatableRiverrat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kristylaura2 Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Thankyou guys! I hope I find something too, I've found gold in my bottom seive but never by detecting. I get gem and treasure every month and i drool looking at what others have found. When I got those two little nuggets in my seive i cried! I sat there crying! lol! I would have kittens if I detected a nugget! Fingers crossed. next holiday I want to go back to Dunolly. We went there in January during the 45degree heatwave! Needless to say, we had no luck :-(
kristylaura2
kristylaura2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down