Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creswick area for gold detecting?

+5
jesseJames
tirp56
24kt
goldenbrown
yellowmellow
9 posters

Go down

Creswick area for gold detecting? Empty Creswick area for gold detecting?

Post  yellowmellow Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi All,

Like to know more info for the Creswick area.

Is it a gold area if so what spots to try gold detecting?

And settings that you would use on a gp3500?

Cheers,

Tim Eureka
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Creswick area for gold detecting? Empty Re: Creswick area for gold detecting?

Post  goldenbrown Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi Eureka,
I went to Creswick over easter and didn't find any yellow. I've got a 4500 and copped alot of ground noise.(used enhance). Big signals jumping around too. Mainly deep ground so you'ld probably want to work the hills on the reefs.
You might have some luck along the Creswick creek diggings which I didn't get too. Also if you go west on Creswick bald hills road, there's a turn off to your right as you sweep the big left hander. It's a dirt road which has diggings on both sides. If you can get permission, the diggings on the left (private property) shows potential.
Be prepaired to dig up alot of junk. Good luck,
cheers goldenbrown...
goldenbrown
goldenbrown
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Creswick area for gold detecting? Empty Creswick area for detecting..

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 am

Hello Tim Eureka and Goldenbrown,

Thanks for the info on the Creswick area,i have heard that there is gold still to be found around Creswick and Ballarat / clunes etc,but you have to go over it as always Creswick area for gold detecting? Icon_smile ...As you were using a GPx 4500 Goldenbrown you had the best chance of success,all things being equal Creswick area for gold detecting? Icon_smile Well like Tim Eureka i have a GP 3500 which i just bought,it is fitted with a Detac booster and speaker...The coil of choice is a Goldstalker 14x9 elliptical mono..

Well after calling into Ballarat to do some business (I have just bought a house there and shifting up in 3 weeks)...I decided to take the 3500 off to Maryborough for its first outing as i used hunt around that area back in 2004,when i last detected with a 3000...It took me a bit of playing with the threshold and booster to get it sounding smooth and quiet...I just had to get a hot rock first up with a very broad but loud signal,and i got stuck on that for awhile,to i realized what it was...I have never used a mono before and they react a bit more to hot rocks...

Well i was in normal and deep,and with the signal at 2 o clock...ground balance tracking in medium speed...i did get a little confused as to using the button on the handle,to go from fixed to tracking etc...(when i got home i read the manual again to get it Creswick area for gold detecting? Icon_biggrin .....Well anyway at this stage i had the detector running very smoothly,and then got a very obvious signal,,just like i remembered Creswick area for gold detecting? Icon_eek Creswick area for gold detecting? Icon_cheers and dug a bullet,and another for a total of 6 targets...I was rapped as i had the machine working nicely...and i was finding targets in a very flogged area..Pidgeon Gully...so my chances for finding gold there are still possible....It all came to an end abruptly when my one standard battery went flat!!

I will get a Coiltek regulated system for it with 2 batteries in the future,it should run sweetly on them...Well when i get settled in Ballarat,i will get to hunt a bit closer to home as there are many areas to go over,but will also have many other great places within reach Creswick area for gold detecting? Icon_cheers I am looking forward to getting my first nugget with the 3500,and i enjoyed very much getting out in the bush with a detector Creswick area for gold detecting? Icon_biggrin

PS..How are you going with your 3500 Tim,have you had any finds?
Happy hunting all

Cheers Bill

Back to top Go down

Creswick area for gold detecting? Empty Creswick area for detecting

Post  Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Well I finally got to detect in Creswick Smile since my last post as a relative newbe here on 15/04/10..I have learned a lot since then,and now have a 4500.Yesterday i had a detect around Lincoln Gully Rd,and dug a lovely flat 2.3 gram nugget.First trip there and struck gold Smile I was there with another forum member who was using a 4500 also,and we both had severe EMI Shocked We both eventually got our machines to run quieter and could hear target signals,but were having a lot of spikes in the audio.

I will certainly return there as it is on my doorstep,and worthy of the interest that i initially had in the area.

Cheers
Eureka Dreams

Love that Gold cheers

Back to top Go down

Creswick area for gold detecting? Empty Creswick area for detecting

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Just an update on that last post of mine concerning the very noisy interference we experienced in that area of Lincoln Gully track Creswick..(near the Creswick Bungaree road) Well we discovered an underground Telecom line Shocked and there are several posted signs along the track...we just didn`t see them at the time lol!

PS..But that`s where i found my 2.3 gram bit...and of course our detectors settled down once we moved away,and then only had the usual EMI interference to deal with on our 4500`s.

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  24kt Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:40 am

Eureka Dreams wrote:Just an update on that last post of mine concerning the very noisy interference we experienced in that area of Lincoln Gully track Creswick..(near the Creswick Bungaree road) Well we discovered an underground Telecom line Shocked and there are several posted signs along the track...we just didn`t see them at the time lol!

PS..But that`s where i found my 2.3 gram bit...and of course our detectors settled down once we moved away,and then only had the usual EMI interference to deal with on our 4500`s.

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Hi Eureka Dreams, dammmmmmmmmmmmm Telecom line !!!! but a good result Eureka Dreams 2.3gram nugget. How deep was it and was there evidance the ground had be disturbed arround the nugget find ?

GPS co-ordinates would be nice Laughing Very Happy or am i pushing my luck? LOL

Love the link musso posted in another Creswick thread, virgin grounds LOL

cheers

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/news/general/goldmining-past-revealed-at-creswick/2043504.aspx

Creswick area for gold detecting? 1066483[img]

Creswick area for gold detecting? 1066481
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Creswick area for gold detecting? Empty Creswick area for gold detecting

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Hello 24kt,

I do not have the GPS refs for you,but if you come up this way sometime i could show that area,just send me a PM..It has started to get a lot of regrowth since all the rain,and since the burn off there has been a fair bit of detectorist attention as you would expect Smile I found that nugget at about 18cm with a 4500 and 18x12 GS...The thing is that i am finding in most goldfields is that we all miss gold,and it waits....and waits..for the next lucky detectorist who tries a flogged area...for themselves..

cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Creswick area for gold detecting? Empty creswick gold

Post  tirp56 Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:12 pm

there is lots of small gold around creswick if you are prepared to do a lot walking to find it it is there believe me ,as i have been going up there for the last 3yrs.get yourself some goood maps and go to it and please fill in your holes

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseJames Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:06 am

I do a lot of detecting in Creswick and think I am missing the yellow! Shocked 

jesseJames
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Looking at this post that is afew years old but yet it has had over 5,000 hits so there must be a lot out there that might like to try a spot or two.Q08

Did not want to let my fans down so here we go. Q03

Pine Area Q29

Creswick area for gold detecting? O-map_zps6782732e

Creswick area for gold detecting? 3D-1_zpsb613000a

Creswick area for gold detecting? 3D-2_zpsf38b7823

Creswick area for gold detecting? Shot1_zps74fc9b03

Last edited by Detrackozi on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:06 pm

is it sedan friendly?
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Kelly Lane and Codes Forest rd is a very good track and once your in close enough then the only way you will find the Gold is walk, "Park Up" and off you go V01

Creswick area for gold detecting? Ge_zpsc09c0451

Creswick area for gold detecting? Ge1_zps13c9d486
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:30 pm

yellowmellow wrote:is it sedan friendly?

Hello Tim,

Yes >> Easy access  - As Detrackozi states >> just a little walking required after parking your Bat Mobil.

Typical track

Creswick area for gold detecting? Cresw11

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Or Welshs Reef

Creswick area for gold detecting? 3D-3_zps0f21d501

Creswick area for gold detecting? GE-3_zpseaa405eb

Creswick area for gold detecting? 3D-5_zps27685f14
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pixulator Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi Detrackozi,

If you don't mind, how do you generate those 3D topographic maps?

Pixulator
Pixulator
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Like is, You would have to be in front of me, just to much time to explain on here Sorry Mate
how lucky you are I am doing it all for you just print them and get out there,

Creswick area for gold detecting? 3D-6_zpsb418cbe9

Creswick area for gold detecting? GE-6_zps6abc855e
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Creswick area for gold detecting? Empty Map Contours

Post  Goldiewa Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Somewhat off topic but just wondering how you produce the 3D contour maps?

Goldie
Goldiewa
Goldiewa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Hope you bloke s have left me some as I will be out that way for sniff myself this weekend. Razz
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pixulator Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:06 pm

Welsh Reef - Most of the pine have been cut in this area, looks like a waste land. North of Wolfes Rd is still good.

Took a bucket load of the most sticky clay you have ever seen from the Dam, will let you know how it turns out.

[ got passed by a group of 20 roos while trying to tune up, it was very cool ]

Creswick area for gold detecting? Dd21ke6
Pixulator
Pixulator
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Fisho Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Hey all, I live in the Ballarat area and I'm about to purchase my first detector. A gpx4500 is what I was thinking of going with. Anyway, I'm looking for some tips for newbies and maybe even someone in the area to teach me the basics if they have the time and patience...

Fisho
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-06-08

Back to top Go down