Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what brand bungee are you using

Go down

what brand bungee are you using Empty what brand bungee are you using

Post  bikehe Sat May 19, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm not very happy with the minelab adjuster on the bungee cord as its a PITA to adjust regularly, however, the cord itself is excellent for swinging the 11", 17x11, and my 18" mono, with enough stretch in the bungee for really wider swings. I recently ordered a Docs Qweegee heavy duty one from a store in Qld and the cord with my 18" NF Adv is fully stretch, so I might as well use a piece of rope instead. When I tighten up the clamp on the upper shaft to be firm, the outer edges of the clamp bend towards each other not to mention the nylon bolts doing the same thing so I would not recommend this type to anyone. I just ordered one from Double D leather with the 8mm cord which looks so simple,easy to use, and take off but waiting for that to arrive. Anyone else have a bungee cord set up that they really like. Thanks

bikehe
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

what brand bungee are you using Empty Re: what brand bungee are you using

Post  bikehe Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Update, I recieved my bungy from DD leather last week and gave it a test run for a few days. It is actaully a very easy system to use and you still use the original minelab clamp on your shaft. The adjuster is where your D ring is on your harness and it attaches to that via an open style hook which is part of the adjuster thats easy to remove. Its made of 8mm bungee cord, same as minelab bungee, which will support my 18" easily and will suffice for larger coils as well. Comared to the other style that has the adjustment made near the bow knuckle its heaps better as you dont have to bend down and guess the length and I was able to get the correct required height 99% of the time with the adjuster at chest height. Its the best style Ive used to date and I can swing a little wider whilst still keeping the coil flat over the ground. This one is a big thumbs up

bikehe
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down