Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab harness problems

2 posters

Go down

Minelab harness problems Empty Minelab harness problems

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 am

Gday all,
I am having problems with the webbing belt on the Minelab Harness. It scrunches up on the bottom section towards the front where the main buckle is. Very annoying as it gets twisted up and dosent support the trash bag or my water bottle properly.
I never had that problem with the old GP battery holder. I used to use seat belt material as the main belt and never had it twist up,no matter how much stuff I had hanging off the belt.

Back to top Go down

Minelab harness problems Empty Re: Minelab harness problems

Post  marty Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Gus,im having belt problems as well. I use a back pack with the battery in it and a seperate belt (my old shearers belt) for the pick, hipstick holder and the chain. Problems start when the chain gets caught on rocks n' stuff and the belt being mainly strong elastic stretches and starts working its way down and by the end of the day i have tighened it up that much that it's "chokin my chicken" (uncomfortable).So i'm waiting for a thick strong army belt to turn up in the post and hopefully resolve the problem.If it dosn't work i'll probably buy one of JP's Shingleback harnesess (85 bucks but) and hope that it does the trick. Would be interested to see what you eventually sort out for yourself. MARTY

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Minelab harness problems Empty Re-minelab-harness-problems

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Gday guys I use the army belt can't stand the harness makes me sweat, been doing it this way since the SD 2000 days. Have no trouble carrying pick or canteen. Very Happy Just my 2 bobs worth.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  marty Wed May 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi Mike, do you ever do any chaining? If so how do you hook it to your army belt? Cheers MARTY

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Minelab harness problems Empty Re-minelab-harness-problems

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Gday Marty have not done chaining but I would make up a hook and attach to the belt then just hook it up that way. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  marty Wed May 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks Mike. MARTY

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 03, 2012 10:20 am

Gday Marty & Mike,
Im no fan of the Harness either,but I only swing big coils so after lunch I normally connect the bungie to give the arm a rest (even though I hate bungies).
I was going to remove the bottom belt and fit a more heavy duty one,but the battery pack is stitched on! Clever that! Rolling Eyes
I might talk the Good Woman into stitching a second seatbelt belt inside the original one,to add some durability. The front buckle should still handle the extra thickness.
Marty,remember when your chaining to run the chain from the right hand side of your body (if your right handed) NOT the centre of your belt at the back. Keep those chain lines about a mtr apart and you wont miss much.
All the best,
Gus

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Thu May 03, 2012 11:07 pm

G'Day All
If it's any help i run a 4500 with standard harness,Was very uncomfortable until i adjusted the bottom belt up so the bottom of belt is above the belt line of my jean's,Now not a problem don't even know it's there and yes it doen't sound right but give it a go.
Big Fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down