Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.

+3
4rd
Ronnie
Robo
7 posters

Go down

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Empty Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.

Post  Robo Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:48 am

Not bad for a newbie as ive only started this hobby 6 months ago, however what better way joining up this forum than to share with you my recent finds from Wedderburn. What a great place! friendly locals (well the ones that i came acroos) great weather and nice looking ground. Near by hills coated with conglomerate old river wash, many being processed by dozer's and a great spot to start. 5 nuggets were found and spot on 5 grams in total. largest one was a 2.5 followed by a 1.8 specimen ... others 0.2's so on.

Rob...

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Img12210

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Img12110

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Img12010
Robo
Robo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Empty Re: Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.

Post  Ronnie Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Robo

Sounds like a great outing, some lovely gold, for a great reward, congrats.

Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Empty Re: Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.

Post  4rd Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Nice looking piece Robo and nice photo of it too... maybe a reference object alongside but none the less a gr8 looking piece. What equipment were you using?
4rd
4rd
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Robo Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks guys, and yes 4rd that's a good point, i will note that down for next time.
Im probably the only person here who is using the GPX4800 but it's working brilliantly!
At the time i couldnt financially get the 5000 however the deal i got with this machine was to go to pass
up! Has no trouble what so ever picking up the smallest of nuggets 0.06 grams as i did last weekend up in Majorca.

At wedderburn the 2.5 was picked up using a 12 mono Nugget Finder coil about 1 ft in depth, hitting nice coarse
gravel for rock bottom which she was resting on.

Rob...
Robo
Robo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Empty Re-newbie-wedderburn-5-grams-in-total

Post  Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Yes you have done well Rob, very nice gold and pics, keep up the good work hope you find many more. Very Happy

Cheers

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Empty RE:Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.

Post  Ren Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:07 pm

G'Day Robo and welcome to the forum, got some nice looking nugget's there well done Very Happy Very Happy How was the 4800 behaving with ground noise at Wedderburn? What soil timings were you using?

Great photo's also Smile

Regards Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Great effort Robo and your photo's really do the GOLD justice.

What camera did you use

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuggett Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Well done Robo, great nuggetts and great pics to match...i'm sure there will be many more to come good stuff.

Nuggett
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:41 pm

well done on the finds mate
nice pieces Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  scjonrob Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Beautiful pieces, well done.

JR
scjonrob
scjonrob
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Robo Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Ren wrote:G'Day Robo and welcome to the forum, got some nice looking nugget's there well done Very Happy Very Happy How was the 4800 behaving with ground noise at Wedderburn? What soil timings were you using?

Great photo's also Smile

Regards Ren...

Hey Ren thanks for the welcome.

As you may know, Wedderburn is known for its noisey ground however the 4800 worked surprisingly well. The settings used are as follows: Stabilizer 10, RX gain 12. Soil timing was in enhanced.

Rob...
Robo
Robo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Robo Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 pm

mariner3800 wrote:Great effort Robo and your photo's really do the GOLD justice.

What camera did you use

Mariner3800

Thanks Mariner! Just my standard Cannon 450D with the standard lens Smile

Thanks also everyone for there comments and warm welcome's.

Rob...
Robo
Robo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Empty Wedderburn gold

Post  Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 pm

cheers Well done Robo on your gold finds,good looking nuggets and your photographs show them off nicely.

PS..That`s a fair trip in a day,as i`ve done that return trip a few years back when i lived in Melbourne.

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  Robo Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:42 am

Eureka Dreams wrote: cheers Well done Robo on your gold finds,good looking nuggets and your photographs show them off nicely.

PS..That`s a fair trip in a day,as i`ve done that return trip a few years back when i lived in Melbourne.

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Your right it is a fair track up north from Melbourne so i made good use of the weekend. Also found something very strange which i've never found before ... made the same sound as gold which i dug up however it wasnt! It looks to be a silver nugget of some sort? It isn't a slug bullet, it's has brilliant shine (like it was polished) and the surface is un-even so its nothing man made. I'll post up some pics when i can.

Rob...
Robo
Robo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Newbie @ Wedderburn 5 grams in total.  Empty Re-newbie-wedderburn-5-grams-in-total

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Gday Robo sounds like you may have found a Platinum nugget not sure but sounds like Platinum, did it have any weight to it. Be interested to see a pic of it fingers crossed. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down