Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFA 8"x 6" what is good for.

3 posters

Go down

NFA 8"x 6" what is good for.  Empty NFA 8"x 6" what is good for.

Post  goldquest Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi everyone, I have a dilemma and I wonder if some expert from the forum can help me, in my arsenal I have already several coils, all mono and all Nugget Finder Advantage, they are my favorite.
At the moment the smallest that I am using is 12 "x 7", now since I have read some good reports about it, I would like to buy an 8 "x 6", what do you think, is too similar to what I'm already using it, or may have its use, considering that my outings are mostly in the Golden Triangle. scratch
Cheers
Goldquest

Update, I bought one and I am very Happy. cheers
Goldquest

Last edited by goldquest on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

NFA 8"x 6" what is good for.  Empty Re-nfa-8-x-6-what-is-good-for

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Gday Goldquest the smaller coils are good when you are working in scrubby and rocky areas in the bush where it would be to hard to swing the bigger coils, also they are more sensitive to smaller gold and junk items. Hope this helps. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

NFA 8"x 6" what is good for.  Empty Re: NFA 8"x 6" what is good for.

Post  goldquest Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Mike54 wrote:Gday Goldquest the smaller coils are good when you are working in scrubby and rocky areas in the bush where it would be to hard to swing the bigger coils, also they are more sensitive to smaller gold and junk items. Hope this helps. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Thank you Mike54, so what you think should I buy one even if I have a 12"x 7"?
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

NFA 8"x 6" what is good for.  Empty Re-nfa-8-x-6-what-is-good-for

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Gday Goldquest personally I would not buy one but it depends on where you are detecting as I stated above if you can use the 12" coil in those areas then I would not waste your money, it is up to you of course..
Ask some of the others on this forum and see what they think.. I am no expert.. Just an old timer out doing what I love.. Detecting.... When I can. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi Goldquest
The 12"x7" in fine gold you wouldn't miss much with that combination.The smallest I've used lately is the 14"x9" these new detectors are very sensitive even with larger coils.As a bonus the 12"x7" will give you a fair bit more ground coverage and a bit more depth.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 am

Mike54 wrote:Gday Goldquest personally I would not buy one but it depends on where you are detecting as I stated above if you can use the 12" coil in those areas then I would not waste your money, it is up to you of course..
Ask some of the others on this forum and see what they think.. I am no expert.. Just an old timer out doing what I love.. Detecting.... When I can. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Mike if you are an OLD TIMER I am an ancient timer, Very Happy , thank you for your suggestion, seems that other friends on the forum feel the same way, so I think for now I will continue to use the 12 "x 7".
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

NFA 8"x 6" what is good for.  Empty For what it's worth,

Post  SerialDelta Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Guys,
I got out today for the first time with my new 8x6 NF. What a great little coil. The thing goes almost anywhere and there were many places it went that a 12x7 wouldn't (yes I have one of these too). I could not imagine a marked difference in performance to the 12x7 but its the ease of movement that was the advantage for me.
Of course its all about the ground your working. I was in the Whipstick, working around "Magic Bush" (you know the stuff, more thorns that a rose bush, and magically gets between your calf and hamstring when you squat down) The area had seen a lot of activity and I still managed to come home with 2 little nuggets of 1 and 1.5 grams. Very Happy And back tomoz if it doesn't rain lol. tongue

Regards all, may your next target be G

Serial

SerialDelta
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down