Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle

3 posters

Go down

new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle Empty new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle

Post  taurus66 Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:06 pm

hi all i live in newcastle and have an interest in getting into prospecting-fossicking? not sure which but i would like to know if anyone can tell me about clubs in the area i am a total newebie i have no equipment or knowledge of what i will need or where to get it ive done quite a bit of opal mining over the past 30 years and am respectful of the bush as far as leaving the environment intact and respect for native flora and fauna any information would be greatly appreciated to get me started Very Happy

taurus66
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle Empty Re: new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle

Post  Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:56 am

mate i would suggest , get hold of Bob and Judy Buss at goanna gold in Greta (just up the road from you). i found them to be very friendly and helpful. i recon they would be able to point you in the right direction
cheers

http://www.goannagolddetectors.com.au

Back to top Go down

new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle Empty Re: new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 pm

G'day Taurus66.Welcome to the forum.

When you say prospecting/fossicking,I take it your referring to prospecting for gold. Being such a broad subject,could you be a little more specific in terms of what form of gold prospecting interests you eg,the panning side,sluicing side,metal detector side etc,or a crack at all of them? Opal hey? I've cabochoned some nice looking semi-white & black crystal in my time,but never managed to score a true black multicolor.Wishful thinking hey?

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle Empty thanks

Post  taurus66 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:09 pm

thanks for your replies ill try and get in touch with goanna gold . im interested in panning and using a gold detector but as i said im completely new to this so am not sure where to start not even sure what sluicing is , forgive my ignorance but i guess everybody has to start somewhere Very Happy

taurus66
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

new to the game re Clubs around Newcastle Empty Re-new-to-the-game

Post  Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Gday taurus66 welcome to the forum and to gold prospecting you should be able to buy or borrow a book on gold prospecting for beginners, you may even get something from goanna gold detectors, hope this helps. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Welcome to the forum Taurus66. It's refreshing to know your environmentally conscious. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down