Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia

4 posters

Go down

9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia Empty 9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia

Post  jackhunter Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:56 pm

am a member of the coolgardie gem club, tried the bonnie vale lease 6 times now, i know that dont sound a lot but also done trips all over southern cross to marvel loch and just not finding gold, all i achieving is using up fuel and money.
Now days i am swinging a AT Pro which i know is not the worlds best detector for this but until i start finding the gold i can not afford to get the minelab i need but any tips or advice or better locations to head to for finding alluvial gold would be great.
thanks

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-20

http://www.fisheraustralia.com

Back to top Go down

9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia Empty Re: 9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia

Post  Grandfather Johnson Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 am

G'Day ,9 months is a long time without gold.You say you can't get the Minelab you want but why not buy yourself a second hand Minelab SD 2100 put on a Coiltek 14 " DD .You cant go wrong and you will find Gold Very Happy .
You can allways update later.Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia Empty Re: 9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia

Post  Kon61gold Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Try a tour through the goldfields with Goanna Gold or similar. What you need is to go out with experienced prospectors. Around Leonora and all the way up to Wiluna are many places where gold is found. Even up from Coolgardie there are a lot of mine sites and places suitable for detecting. Go to all the mining companies in Kalgoorlie and get permission to go onto their sites

Talk to guys who have found gold and you will be surprised. There are other detecting clubs around, join APLA and go to their meetings. Just have think outside the square.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia Empty sd2100

Post  jackhunter Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 pm

did have a sd2100 for a while, had to sell fast due to father inlaws fatal heart attack, we needed to help funeral cost. wont own one again though, i did like it on the beach was okay but goldfields the tuning drove me insane. need a minelab with auto ground balance/tune/track so am thinking when i find gold the 3500 is going to be next PI, what i am doing at the moment is paying off a 2 stroke bike, get me into some spots that a 4wd cant reach. this may help with my prospecting, am using info books i got from prospectors patch in midland, am a member of coolgardie club as well so have tried the bonnie vale lease.

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia Empty no gold

Post  philip.j.thompson Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:41 pm

It will happen but can be slow...Now on to my 4th machine a 5000 and after 30 yrs 4 pieces of gold. Such is life enjoy the outdoors

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

9 months gone, no joy finding a gold spot in western australia Empty moving interstate

Post  jackhunter Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Changing to Tasmania soon, going to be in burnie, so back to focus on beach detecting

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down